• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

KH Field & Battle Track List!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

skatenerd

so pretty much what everyone is saying is that there is no way to listen to any of these songs?

skatenerd

hmm i already have that song on my ipod and lazy afternoons... i thought these were suposed to be like brand new? sorry i didnt know the names haha.

Lvng

They're new arrangements of old songs, as the Piano Collections have always been.

Also, Sinister Sundown is only available because it was on the Sampler CD a while back, and it is a prototype version.

I'm actually a bit surprised at some of the choices, because of how short of songs they are. The first Piano Collections had this problem as well (looking at the Sonatas specifically, but pretty well everything but Missing You~ Namine and Roxas had this problem). They tried to do too much with too little, and it turns out very repetitive.

Sinister Sundown's prototype shows this too. Makes me wonder why they didn't include the long epics like Destati or Fate of the Unknown. Most of that tracklist probably would've fit quite snuggly into the medley, IMO.

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Alright, translation's done. Quite a few pieces of interesting information.

Last week, Square Enix revealed almost all of the content of Piano Collections Kingdom Hearts: Field and Battle, the second disc of piano arrangements of the series. Two tracks were indeed missing, but Famitsu has just revealed their titles. The first, entitled Scherzo Caprice on a Theme of Never Land, is composed of combat and exploration music from the world of Peter Pan in Birth by Sleep. For the second, it's 358/2 Days that's honoured: entitled Musique pour la tristesse de Xion (the chosen title is French, yes), it's about Xion's theme (in other words, a piano rendition of Xion's theme).

Famitsu has also taken the opportunity to ask Yoko Shimomura some questions, the pleasant and talented composer of the series. If Xion's theme has been reserved for this album, it's above all because it's very much liked in Japan. On some new compositions from the soundtrack of 358/2 Days - which has not been published on CD - it's just the fans that have guided her decision [to put Xion's theme on the CD]. As for the medley of music from Peter Pan's world, Shimomura wanted a different musical atmosphere from the other tracks on the disc. She had a few candidates in mind, including compositions from Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, but it was from the next installment in the series that she decided.

We also learn that Medley of Conflict is composed, among others, of The 13th Reflection. Shimomura also clarifies that the final version of Sinister Sundown will be longer than the sample version that was shown by Square Enix at TGS.

Piano Collections Kingdom Hearts: Field & Battle
1. Scherzo Caprice on a Theme of Never Land
2. Sinister Sundown
3. Wonderland's Surprises
4. Lazy Afternoons
5. Night of Fate
6. A Very Small Wish - Monstrous Monstro
7. Hollow Bastion
8. Medley of Conflict
9. Musique pour la tristesse de Xion

Piano Collections Kingdom Hearts: Field & Battle is scheduled for release on 13/01/2009 in Japan.

Some of this was worded quite weirdly, so I apologise if some of the translations are off.

Spiritsoul

Update: 15 Dec 2009

ReBirth Wings posted up the tracklisting for Yoko Shimomura's new piano collection:

1.Scherzo Caprice on a Theme of Never Land
2.Sinister Sundown
3.Wonderland's Surprise
4.Lasy Afternoons
5.Night of Fate
6.A Very Small Wish - Monstrous Monstro
7.Hollow Bastion
8.Medley of Conflict
9.Musique pour la tristesse de Xion

The first song on the list is from BbS, and the ninth is, of course, from 358/2 Days.

Funny that I would find this just now, as I was listening to the previously released CD.
Xion theme... omg.. I can die now happily :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Btw, any noticed this?
5n67us.jpg

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Thanks Sol!!! 8D

So Xion's theme has an official french title? Cool.

Well, you'll find that on the back of the CD, the title will be written in French, since it's the actual official title, much like some of the other official titles are written in Italian.

Xion theme... omg.. I can die now happily :cry::cry::cry::cry:
Btw, any noticed this?
5n67us.jpg

Yeah, noticed that yesterday. XD Fantastic spelling.

Blizzara

OMG Xion's theme! And in French! Such an honor! (see location =P )

And a BBS theme. Sweetnessss. Now I REALLY want this album.

Spiritsoul

Just wonderin', what will the price be in euro's (The Piano book, not the CD)?

I hope they launches the preview soon !!

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
direct translation would be 'music for the melancholy of Xion', right?
or something like that; my french is terrible.

You wouldn't need to translate the title since that is its official title. But if you wanted to directly translate it for whatever reason, it'd be "Music for Xion's Sadness."

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I bought the original piano collections in Kinokuniya.
I need the second one! I want to hear her original acoustic play of Hollow Bastion :eek:

"Musique pour la tristesse de Xion"
One of my favorite new pieces is Xion's theme.
Since this one is called "Music for the Sorrow of Xion", it'll probably break my heart in two.

Last edited:

TeeCee1010

Sol said:
You wouldn't need to translate the title since that is its official title. But if you wanted to directly translate it for whatever reason, it'd be "Music for Xion's Sadness."

I know that's the official title, just wanted to make sure that i understood what it meant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back