• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Master's Purpose/New Theory/A connection to Coded?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
This is a big theory that I've developed recently that ties Birth By Sleep and Coded together. It all starts with the Keyblade and the Masters, so I'll start it off with the recent information we've recently gathered.

From the latest interview, Nomura answers an important question regarding the whole Keyblade Master concept.

---As for original masters, they who teach the methods of wielding the keyblade to their pupils, do they exist?

Nomura: Not just that, but also the role of keyblade users, since the thoughts of each master differs, it's their spirit being taught. The reason why a master must train others to use the keyblade is explained in this game.

Based on this new tibit of information, it is assumable that there may be more Keyblade Masters out there then we think. I believe we need to take a new look at this Keyblade Master concept, as it may foreshadow key points in this series as well as what's to come in the future.

According the the information we've gathered, there are three Keyblade Masters we know of.

1. The Master who trained and instructed Terra, Aqua, and Ven to go after Master Xehanort and his apprentice.

2. Master Xehanort, who travels alongside the Dark Soldier.

3. Master Yensid, the wizard who trained Mickey to wield the legendary Keyblade.

From the latest information, Keyblade Masters are there to teach Keybladed users how to use the Keyblade. With that being said, the Keyblade can be used to ruin the world, so its likely without proper training, one could go as far as to corrupt the natural order of things. But that's not the only thing, Keyblade Masters pass on their way of thinking and how they precieve the world onto their students, as the way the world should be viewed, may affect how the student uses the Keyblade. Nomura also goes on to say that the reason why a Master must train others to use the Keyblade, will be explained.

With that being said, Keyblades are required to keep natural flow of the world in check. But what does the Keyblade do?

1. Open or seal locks. One of their primary functions would be to seal or unseal keyholes to worlds, keeping their cores intact.

2. Release hearts. That may be unoffical as it was stated that Keyblades are able to release the captive heart of a heartless, but could it also release the heart of an individual?

I think the huge responsibilities placed on Keyblade users, is determining who's heart is sent to Kingdom Hearts or the world in which all hearts are lost... Basically Keyblade users go out and attack those who cause strife to the world by absorbing darkness or some phenomen occurs in which a new type of enemy emerges (Unbirths for example) or opponents such as Malificent.

When they defeat them, their hearts are released and sent to this place:

YouTube - Riku in the world of Darkness

The World of Darkness.

Kingdom Hearts is the place in which all hearts are born, but when someone dies of natural causes, I assume their hearts go back if they lived a successful life. Keyblade Masters determine whether the hearts are sent to Kingdom Hearts or sent to the world of Darkness, or in Riku's case, the world of death. With that being said, its possible that not all those who is inhabitants of the dark, belong there. Thus their tormented souls wondering for enternity.

I believe its possible that some have repented for their crimes, but there are others that belong there. But its possible that an un worthy Master could have sent poor innocents to their grave, which may have resulted in his health failing him, so he left, to avoid assasination from the other Keyblade Masters that run the world. But why would he do such a thing? I mean just because he's evil? I doubt it. There has to be a reason why he'd send innocents to their grave and risk losing it all. Could it be that each time the Keyblade captures and releases a heart, it strenthens? With experience, a Keyblade Master can become a god so to speak. Master Xehanort was already up in years and he feared he would not grasp the power he wanted go gain for so long.

I believe the reason why Master Xehanort left was because he sent down the wrong verdict, as he became obsessed with his power. I don't quite want to get into Master Xehanort's goals right now, but I have a hunch that there could be other Keyblade Masters or wielders on Xehanort's side. Which may have resulted in a Keyblade War. Possibly one of Master Xehanort's goals are to break the rules of the Keyblad Masters, thus having complete control and regulation over the world. The nobles feared this a Keyblade War could have broken out from that. But I'm not sure.

After Terra, Aqua, and Ven hears of Master Xehanort's betrayal as a Keyblade Master, their own Master sends them out to bring Xehanort to justice. Yensid is connected to the trio's Master, so he sends his student, Mickey to assist the hit on Master Xehanort. I believe the reason why Mickey is
often seen protecting Ven, is because its his orders and he must stick up for his Master, if he wants to become Master and take over Yensid's place one day.

Kingdom Hearts Coded important quote "We must free them from their torment" may be the ones who commited crimes in their lives and is looking for respite, or those who was sent down below wrongly due to a horrible Keyblade Master. Who ever wrote the quote, wants those whoare suffering to be sent to Kingdom Hearts possibly.

Okay that was the bulk of the theory.

Wrap up:

Keyblade Masters teach their students morals and views of the worlds to enusre that they make the correct judgements when hunting down individuals or sending the hearts to the correct location. Keyblade Masters eventually will pass on their powers to their students, so they want their students to understand the roles approriately, so the wrong chocies are not made. Then the students will be Masters and they pass down their powers and responsibilities. So its like a chain really.

Another theory:

King Mickey can in fact be like a Master figure to Sora and Riku (possibly Kairi). Teaching them how to use the Keyblade to its potential. But with great power comes responsibilities, I believe Sora and Riku don't quite understand the scope of power the Keyblade holds. But they will someday, as they become Masters.

Last edited:

Gabo

The boy who blocked his own shot
3. Master Yensid, the wizard who trained Mickey to wield the legendary Keyblade.
He's not a keyblade master.
Sorry.
He trained Mickey, but that was most likely either just in magic or by telling him what he knew.

King Mickey can in fact be like a Master figure to Sora and Riku (possibly Kairi). Teaching them how to use the Keyblade to its potential. But with great power comes responsibilities, I believe Sora and Riku don't quite understand the scope of power the Keyblade holds. But they will someday, as they become Masters.
Cept Mickey never did that.
He had opportunities to tutor Sora.
Hell, he was there when he arrived in TT.
Sora learned on his own, and got pretty darn good.

Sorry for ignoring everything else.
You should have added pictures.
xD

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
He's not a keyblade master.
Sorry.
He trained Mickey, but that was most likely either just in magic or by telling him what he knew.

It has been stated in the trailer descriptions that Yensid teaches Mickey to use the Keyblade better. A regular wizard can't do that. Disney wise, he may be Mickey's teacher in magic, but Kingdom Hearts wise, he may be something else.

Cept Mickey never did that.
He had opportunities to tutor Sora.
Hell, he was there when he arrived in TT.
Sora learned on his own, and got pretty darn good.

I'm not saying now. I'm talking about later if the story continues. Sora knows how to wield the Keyblade and lock Keyholes and open locks and such. But according to my theory, the Keyblade has another function that's not covered yet, as it takes an experienced Keyblade user quite a while to deal with the difficult chocies at hand, as he or she must be mature enough to handle what needs to be done.

Oh yeah. I don't use pictures often. If it helps I'll try next time.

Gabo

It has been stated in the trailer descriptions that Yensid teaches Mickey to use the Keyblade better. A regular wizard can't do that. Disney wise, he may be Mickey's teacher in magic, but Kingdom Hearts wise, he may be something else.
I'm still doubting his masterhood.

DMrayZ

Digidork for life.
Awards
At the end of time, listening to the drums...
Not to take credit, but this seems to expand upon an idea I had a few months ago,but I really mean Expand, you have alot more detail ;) But theres also the fact of Sora and Riku, We know VAT was on destiny island at some point, could this be a reason why Riku And Sora can wield keyblades?

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)

I'm not saying now. I'm talking about later if the story continues. Sora knows how to wield the Keyblade and lock Keyholes and open locks and such. But according to my theory, the Keyblade has another function that's not covered yet, as it takes an experienced Keyblade user quite a while to deal with the difficult chocies at hand, as he or she must be mature enough to handle what needs to be done.

Oh yeah. I don't use pictures often. If it helps I'll try next time.

a reguala wizard can do that

Gabo

Not to take credit, but this seems to expand upon an idea I had a few months ago,but I really mean Expand, you have alot more detail ;) But theres also the fact of Sora and Riku, We know VAT was on destiny island at some point, could this be a reason why Riku And Sora can wield keyblades?
If it was a few months ago, I seriously doubt he even saw it.

And we already know that Terra chose Riku to wield the keyblade.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

Yeah I did not see your theory. Although I did not really attempt that much of a connection between VAT and Sora, Riku, and Kairi.

a reguala wizard can do that

Teach Mickey how to use the Keyblade? From the trailer descriptions,, Yensid is trying to teach Mickey how to use the Keyblade better. And from Kingdom Hearts 2, Yensid is very knowledgeable about the Keyblade. In the KH series, he could in fact be Mickey's Keyblade Master. And the fact that Yensid passed on the Star Seeker to Sora may hint at something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back