• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Keyblade Master?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoamIreally

I read on the KH Wiki that only those with a strong heart "chosen by the keyblade" may become Keyblade Masters. Does this include the keyblade being passed down to you? Or in the way Sora was given the keyblade?

Edit: It may sound confusing the way I said it. Let me reiterate:

Does being chosen by the keyblade include getting it passed down to you (Terra -> Riku) or does it only include how Sora was chosen by the keyblade?

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
To become a Master you have to be a wielder first. The Rite of Succession was used traditionally by Keyblade Masters to select the next generation of wielders to become their apprentices, though the ritual itself does not guarantee a Keyblade and merely acts as a letter of recommendation. The apprentices undergo the Mark of Mastery and succeed their own Master, and the cycle continues. However, Sora was the exception to the rule, having not undergone the rite himself.

tl;dr - Being chosen by the Keyblade essentially refers to any and all Keyblade wielders, regardless of how they obtained the weaapons.

WhoamIreally

Okay, I was just confused because I read a post where someone said that Aqua had made her succesor Kairi when she touched your necklace. Seeing how she never went through the events such as Terra and Aqua went through, we can say that that post is false right?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Okay, I was just confused because I read a post where someone said that Aqua had made her succesor Kairi when she touched your necklace. Seeing how she never went through the events such as Terra and Aqua went through, we can say that that post is false right?

Well, not when she touched her necklace, but when Kairi grabbed her Keyblade after running from the Unversed. Though it wasn't intentional, we can assume the same effect took place, but as Kairi has yet to receive a Keyblade of her own, she merely has the wielding status and isn't a full-fledged wielder like Sora and Riku.

WhoamIreally

Well, honestly It would ruin the game for me if you could run around and touch other people's keyblades and then harness the power to wield one yourself. I assume some type of verbal agreement followed by the touching of the keyblade is part of the passing ceremony.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Well, honestly It would ruin the game for me if you could run around and touch other people's keyblades and then harness the power to wield one yourself. I assume some type of verbal agreement followed by the touching of the keyblade is part of the passing ceremony.

If the rite is performed by a Master and the successor has sufficient power, the Keyblade will not leave their hand and the power will be passed down. Say in Leon's or Jack's case, the requirements were not met and they failed to receive the power.

WhoamIreally

I also noticed that it didn't glow like the time Riku Touched Terra's keyblade. I'm starting to think there is more to it than what we have seen. Maybe some other event allowed Kairi to use the keyblade?

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I also noticed that it didn't glow like the time Riku Touched Terra's keyblade. I'm starting to think there is more to it than what we have seen. Maybe some other event allowed Kairi to use the keyblade?

It didn't glow when Riku touched Terra's Keyblade either o_o

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Yeah it didn't glow. Riku just...touched it...

WhoamIreally

Ah I just played through it again and noticed it doesn't. My bad. I guess it just ruined it for me then. I assumed being a keyblade wielder was something more special than putting your had on someone elses.

So, since Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade and she didn't verbally pass it on, does that explain why Kairi doesn't have the power to summon her own keyblade?

Also, I played through KH1 again (I haven't played any Gameboy/Nintendo games) and noticed an extreme jealousy from Leon towards Sora because the key chose him. Leon touched it, does that allow him to use it now?

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
So, since Kairi touched Aqua's keyblade and she didn't verbally pass it on, does that explain why Kairi doesn't have the power to summon her own keyblade?
No, Kairi's ceremony seemed to have been successful. Why she can't wield her own keyblade as of now, we don't know, mainly because we don't know how exactly a keyblade is summoned the first time.

Also, I played through KH1 again (I haven't played any Gameboy/Nintendo games) and noticed an extreme jealousy from Leon towards Sora because the key chose him. Leon touched it, does that allow him to use it now?

I wouldn't say Leon was jealous of Sora. If anything, he may have been a little annoyed that the keyblade went to such a naive kid. Also, the keyblade disappeared out of his hand, showing that it didn't accept him as a possible candidate to wield a keyblade.

WhoamIreally

Okay in that case, what determines you being rejected from wielding a key blade? And I don't think it rejected Leon, rather it just being returned to it's rightful owner at the time. Can one reject the keyblade? Gah! So confusing!

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
I read on the KH Wiki that only those with a strong heart "chosen by the keyblade" may become Keyblade Masters. Does this include the keyblade being passed down to you? Or in the way Sora was given the keyblade?

Edit: It may sound confusing the way I said it. Let me reiterate:

Does being chosen by the keyblade include getting it passed down to you (Terra -> Riku) or does it only include how Sora was chosen by the keyblade?

That ceremony was almost the first step. A strong heart overrides the passing down of the keyblade.

When the Keyblade came for Riku on Destiny Islands in KH1, he had given his heart over to darkness, while Sora's remained in the light. Who was the better candidate here?

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Okay in that case, what determines you being rejected from wielding a key blade? And I don't think it rejected Leon, rather it just being returned to it's rightful owner at the time. Can one reject the keyblade? Gah! So confusing!

To your first question, usually not having a strong enough heart.
I don't think a person can reject a Keyblade, in KH2 Roxas was adamant about not wanting it though it returned to him anyway, but he might be special case.

WhoamIreally

Then would you say that it's true that touching someone's keyblade would make you be able to wield one yourself? Leon to me seems like he has a strong heart. He cares for his friends, and even does deals with a mouse for goodness sakes. Even those who give their hearts to the darkness can still wield a keyblade. And if you watch the video of Leon talking to Sora in the Hotel room, it almost seems like Leon tried stuff with the keyblade before Sora woke up. It almost seems like he knew the keyblade would disappear from his hand and go to Sora. I may just be thinking to much out of something that doesn't matter.

Virus

حلم في ا&#1604
Website
www.willyouresist.com
Then would you say that it's true that touching someone's keyblade would make you be able to wield one yourself? Leon to me seems like he has a strong heart. He cares for his friends, and even does deals with a mouse for goodness sakes. Even those who give their hearts to the darkness can still wield a keyblade. And if you watch the video of Leon talking to Sora in the Hotel room, it almost seems like Leon tried stuff with the keyblade before Sora woke up. It almost seems like he knew the keyblade would disappear from his hand and go to Sora. I may just be thinking to much out of something that doesn't matter.

You are. The ceremony needs both the wielder and the recipient to touch the blade (Terra and Riku, Aqua and Kairi)

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Touching one's keyblade is not enough. The owner of that keyblade also must be at master level, which Terra and Aqua are.
Sora and Riku are no masters yet, and therefore Sora could not even initiate the ceremony with Leon and Jack Sparrow in KH2.

Furthermore the keyblade must also stay with the candidate of the ceremony, both with Leon and Jack Sparrow it vanished, indicating that the keyblade itself deemed them unworthy.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards

Pretty much what Virus said, plus, the wielder has to be a recognized master, or at the very least, be of master level. When Leon had touched the KK Sora had just gotten it so he wouldn't be able to pass the ability on to someone else even if he wanted to at that time.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Pretty much what Virus said, plus, the wielder has to be a recognized master, or at the very least, be of master level. When Leon had touched the KK Sora had just gotten it so he wouldn't be able to pass the ability on to someone else even if he wanted to at that time.

Not to mention it wasn't even fully Sora's keyblade yet, as he only gained full ownership of it when he won it back from Riku in Hollow Bastion later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back