• Effective October 15th, all Youtube content threads that are posted within the creative media section will be subjected to being moderated before being displayed. Over the past year we've noticed lots of new members and a few old members that come here to advertise (obviously here since we're the largest Kingdom Hearts fan base community why wouldn't you) their Channel to promote new subscribers, likes, and displaying their media. However there is a huge difference between creative constructive media criticism, and borderline advertisement. So please, before you post here, understand how the creative media section works, if you have any questions or concerns regarding this change please reach out, we always like to hear ideas. Few might not like this idea, but it does help keep my section stay organized and not crazy looking, I would like to keep the traditional platform of what the section main purpose is for. It's to help build new and old artistry to an entire whole level.

Here's how it will work :

• If you post a thread within the creative media section that is youtube content related to your channel, it will be moved to the "Creative Media Youtube Showing Content thread", a sticky'd thread where members can all over discuss and see everyones content all at once rather than making it self promoting, by making your own thread, if you get my drift. The whole idea behind this is to get members involved in everyones media, and the purpose is to showcase your works, but not self advertisement right? Its all about the constructive criticism and giving everyone the same feedback and layout of how display and showcasing video media should look like.

• If you have already posted a thread regarding your youtube content, you will not be affected by this change and your thread will be untouched and you can continue to post and discuss accordingly with your peers.

Social Media Advertisement Content :​

Now I know lots of new members (out of the blue suddenly became youtube friendly, you're not slick) be-aware that you cannot use the Creative Media section as a gateway to advertise your media without wanting, giving and receiving criticism from your forum family. The idea behind the Creative Media is to help showcase and help improve everyones work or arts, whether it's digital, traditional, etc. Not to promote then leave, it's not fair to the community.

just a thing

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
  • Master of Monologues
  • Retired Staff
  • In the Grid
It's ok, I can't draw backgrounds either.

The waterfall is looking pretty swell.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
One thing you should change is that large shadow on the dark grey cliff, the one beside the cliff with trees. The edge of the shadow lines up with the edge of the cliff. You wanna try to avoid doing that so you can make sure that they're distinct. Straight lines that meet with one another from separate and distant sources can completely erase whatever depth you're trying to create because it creates an awkward ambiguity between the two grounds (fore/mid, mid/back, fore/back, all three) that looks really gross.

Sorta the same for the two suns. Either put them far enough away from one another, or have them overlap. Overlapping shapes creates a really good sense of depth. Right now I think you have a bit too many lines that "just meet", and it's kind of awkward.

You should also switch the colours between the two pyramids imo, as well as the position. Put the larger one where the small one is and vice versa. I think the composition will look infinitely better. Objects that are farther away tend to be more washed out by the colour of the sky or just washed out in general, which is why I think you should switch the colours. Closer objects have much more saturated colours.

If you can ditch the waterfall for now, work on the background and larger objects first. The larger the object, the more influence it has on the picture. Backgrounds set the overall mood, so you wanna work from the big to small. Waterfall can wait. It's nice, but it's definitely not the centerpiece of this. I would say either the cliff in the foreground with the trees or the closer of the two pyramids should be your focal point.

Last edited:

Vicodin

relative power
Awards
I'm just gonna say that a lot of my placement of things is general area. I understand what you mean but it's just the way I work. When I actually render it, it usually changes a little bit, such as colors. Not saying that what you're telling me isn't valid - I just have weird methodology. The suns won't look as close as they are, and the shadow on the cliff spans the whole way. It's just kind of mocking up where colors will be, because there's no way to stay with just that direct color scheme. With that said, here is an update:

I suck at cliff faces, just sayin'

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
  • East Meets West
  • In the Grid
  • Retired Staff
Well it seems like your methodology is working out well for you, so keep at it.