• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Jungle Book (2016)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Re: Jungle Book (2016) - Not another live action film!

People who hated this version of The Jungle Book are looking forward to Andy Serkis version. A really surprising situation if you ask me.
Surprising? Those people were disappointed by one version and are hoping that the other one will be better. How is that surprising?

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com

I think the only thing I didn't like in the entire film was the Shere Khan vs Mowgli scene. We spent so much time seeing him use his "tricks" to make an elaborate plan to have Shere Khan fall into the fire, I was bored. I did love that they didn't have Mowgli go to the human village or meet that girl like in the 1967 version. That was the part I hated the most of the original.

Speak for yourself, when i re-watched the animated version a few years back, i couldn't help but laugh, because that scene seemed so out of place, and yet you have Baloo acting like your friend trying to save you from marriage. "Don't do it! it's nothin but trouble" lol

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

I mean, the sequel kind of has to be done right away since Mowgli is still a kid in the sequels, I believe.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

I mean, the sequel kind of has to be done right away since Mowgli is still a kid in the sequels, I believe.

Good point but, I would like to see a them work on a different film...

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Disney has multitudes of film teams, crews, etc. JB2 isn't taking away manpower/production on them doing films for other properties. It's like if they decided to do one Percy Jackson film and then decided that, instead of doing the next four books + sequel series, they'd do something else entirely.

Frankly, I'm excited to see Disney tackle the entire JB series rather than just one movie based off one book.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

Surprising? Those people were disappointed by one version and are hoping that the other one will be better. How is that surprising?

Because I figured that they'd just stick to the animated version (especially considering that Pan bombed critically and financially). I suppose Andy Serkis is the sole selling point for this iteration. Regardless, I'm satisfied with what I got out of this movie: it exceeded by high expectations.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It was good. The technology used generated very impressive results and I had to keep reminding myself that it was all fake. And I absolutely adored the end credits. Very creative and fun.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Because I figured that they'd just stick to the animated version (especially considering that Pan bombed critically and financially). I suppose Andy Serkis is the sole selling point for this iteration. Regardless, I'm satisfied with what I got out of this movie: it exceeded by high expectations.
The people who're disappointed with this version dislike it because they wanted something more dark, gritty, "realistic," etc. Animated version is anything but.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards

I'll be honest, o had my doubts going into the film, but thought it was fantastic. I dig the way they included the original's classic songs.

redcrown

Awards

Just saw it. It was really good, especially with fleshing out the animal characters, whose voice acting was all excellent. There a a few small flaws/nitpicks, but it was overall really well done. 4/5

Seeing this I'm really curious what differences in approach the Warner Bros version will make and how they will compare against each other.
I don't know how the next could possibly top this Disney version in making Shere Khan absolutely terrifying. Benedict Cumberbatch will probably do a really good performance with the role, but man does this set the bar for Shere Khan's portrayal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back