• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Journey To Paradise- Wolf's Rain RPG.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

kingdomwolfblade

if only I could hold your hand
Kali was about to speak when Madison went flying once more. She shrugged it off, whatever made her happy. She plopped herself back down in the pipes and swung her legs a bit humming an old tune well known among wolves. It was her favorite and it always made her slightly happier about whatever predicement she was in. To be honest, this was the first rest she had in a few days. She had been running for ahwile, mainly to get out of a city where she could have been discovered any longer. She had the feeling she was followed here but the humming made it better.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

~ ~ ~ ¤ m e a n w h i l e ¤ ~ ~ ~​

A man and a woman walked side by side down a corridor of the large laboratory within the center of the city. The man was coming into his mid-thirties rather well, and had retained most of his boyish charm and looks from it. His short blond hair was slightly ruffled, and the light-colored suit he wore with the odd-colored tie indicated he wasn't exactly the most sensible when it came to fashion. Next to him was a woman of the same age. Her blond hair was tied up, and her eyes gazed forward as if she were in a tired daze. The two were on the way to the west block of the building, where most of the supplies were kept. The man spoke.

"You’d figure this sorta thing would be under your jurisdiction."

"So it’s alive?"

The woman replied, keeping her sense of interest but maintaining a guarded expression.

"Just barely. And it’s... only a matter of time."

"That sounds like the two of us."

The man's face dropped a little, as if he had been let down somewhat. It was hard to resist really. The two had formerly been married, and then divorced. Keeping a friendly relationship was somewhat of a chore.

"We’re not over yet. All we have to do is keep trying."

The man said, provoking a slight eyebrow raise from the blond-haired woman. It seemed as though they had been legally divorced, he still had strong emotions for her. The woman wondered if he would ever eventually move on. It was starting to grind on her nerves. Blinking slowly, she smirked, and said:

"I’m not so sure."

Opening the door like a good chivalrous man would do, the woman walked in first, then followed by her former husband. However, he noticed that a kid had found his way into the room and was staring at a cage at the far end of the room. The man called out to the adolescent, who was garbed in a yellow sweatshirt and had butterscotch-colored hair. He was slightly husky, and there was something he wore around his neck.

"Hey! What are you doing? What department are you with?"

"Oh... uh... sorry! I was looking for cleaning supplies... I guess I musta got lost."

The kind raised his right hand and held it against the back of his head, and expressed an emotion of apology. The man pointed to the right, where another door led off to another corridor.

"The cleaning crew, huh? Just go out that door, supplies are on the right."

"Oh... are they? Uhh... Thanks!"

The young man hastily made his way out the door, sinking his hands into the pockets of his yellow sweatshirt. He looked over his shoulder as he left, gazing upon the couple that had just entered. Crossing her arms, the woman walked forward, her heels clicking along the floor until she stopped in front of the cage. Bending over, she looked over the being within.

"So, do you think it’s really a wolf?"

Her ex-husband inquired.

"I dunno. I’ve never seen a real one before. But if it is a wolf, it may be what’s causing a sudden reaction in Cheza."

After hearing the last word in her sentence, the man's eyebrows arced, expressing disgust. He turned to the side and spoke with a slightly annoyed tone.

"Oh, please. Not Cheza again..."

Looking over her shoulder, the woman returned an equally annoyed expression.

"What’s that mean?"

She said, narrowing her eyes upon his face.

"It’s because of her, you and I broke up."

Now she was annoyed on her ex-husbands excessive dwelling. Standing up, she placed her hands on her hips.

"Stop acting like an idiot Hubb and bring this up to the lab!"

The man, who's name was apparently Hubb, covered his nose and mouth.

"I’ll have someone do it later. Dogs and I don’t really get along all that well. I’m kind of allergic to them."

She couldn't look at him directly after that, remembering how completely hopeless he could be.

"This is the reason why you and I would never work."

"I dunno Cher, maybe it is just a matter of time."

~ ~ ~ ¤ ~ ~ ~

Raticus decided to take a break rather than take off right away. It had been a considerable amount of time since he had been to Freeze, and in a way, he wanted to enjoy it. There was an area of the city that was relatively quiet. Riding up a ramp, he emerged out onto the layer between the houses and buildings of the city, and the central entrance of the Police Station. Although most of Lord Orkham's force was oblivious to the activity to the south, they'd soon find it on their doorstep if they wouldn't involve themselves.

Leaning against his bike, he smoked on a cigarette, looking over the rooftops of the city. There were a few noticable landmarks, such as the great tree that grew in the residential district, and the roadways that led to the western exit of the dome. Exhaling, a lithe cloud pooled around his head and lifted off into the atmosphere, eventually dissipating into the air. Rubbing the butt out with his boots, he stretched out his legs by walking up the block a short ways. Below in the adjacent street, people still moved about busily.

"It's cold... but it's alive." He said lightly, commenting on the city itself.​

kingdomwolfblade

Jumping off the pipes she landed in the alley without so much as a scratch. She stretched her muscles and walked out onto the streets after she changed to her wolf form allowing people to see a canine, isnteadof a human. Of course, she looked sort of like a husky mixed with some type of australian shepherd mix. She felt slightly safer in this form, she was much more aware in this form making it easier for her to protect herself. It was still hard on her though, being a lone wolf and all without a pack. A pack was ideal for her, safer....easier to get around in safety as well. Anyways, back to the real world Kali thought. She had to be paying attention on these streets. She stopped on a corner holding herself back in the shadows as she looked arund for anything worth stealing. She noticed a meat vender and licked her muzzle a bit. Making up her mind she charged out of the shadows going past some guy smoking next to a motorcycle, didn't he know that there was cooler ways to die then dieing of smoking? Coming closer to the meat vender the jumped and grabbed a small steak he was handing to a man across from him.

She had misjudged the jumping distance and had over jumped and as she tried to turn her body and send all her weight down to avoid hitting the side of the building, she screwed that up as well. Hitting the building ful lspeed with her side she swore she heard a rib crack. She yelped as pain surged through her body but began to growl as the meat vendor stepped closer. She tried to snap at his foot but her vision was slightly blurry and missed. The vendor gave a swift kick to her side getting another yelp out of Kali.

"Ya mangy mutt! Thought you could steal my meat. You deserve a good shot to the head!"

Another kick was sent to her side. She couldn't yelp this time since he had kciked her hard enough to take the wind out of her lungs. These bruises were gonna hurt like hell later if she got out of this. Grabbing the meat she began to try and stand up with her legs shaking. She growled lowering her head and raising her tail to try and show him, she was boss not him. She had nowhere to run to anymore though, the wall was behind her and other humans had surrounded her in a half moon circle. Great, she had been the greated idiotic wolf in the last couple of years. How dumb could she get.

Silver_Wolf

Madison finished up the last of her apple core and then wrapped it up gently in the wrapper, stuffing in her pocket. She rose from her sitting position slowly and stretched.

"Really? That's cool, it'd be great to have a-"

she stopped and turned her keen hearing in the direction of a loud commotion, to the wolf caught in the circle of people.

Kali.... that you...? her mind weakly thought. Kinda looked like her anyways. Mattie jumped from the roof to an overhanging pipe and crouched to get a better look at the situation.

"Oy! Hevyyd come on, I think- I think that I know that wolf, and it might be in trouble!"

Mattie leapt from the pipes and as soon as her feet touched the ground, she was racing towards the humans at break neck speed.

I don't want to know what happens if a wolf is found in this city! she had a very bad feeling that it wasn't good if they were discovered.

kingdomwolfblade

Oh back off already...its only a small peice of meat.

She thought to herself. Not even cooked as well. Geeze, so protective over primitive peices of food. She could have grabbedthe larger, premium steak. She dropped the meat to the ground and stood over it feeling an agression coming out. She growled bared her white fangs allowing a snarl to come out as well. She felt the urge to snap the butchers neck, which was a hideus looking thing. Rolls of fat was all it was. Disgusting, he didn't know how to keep himself fit.

She couldn't attack him though, surrounded by humans with a possibly broken rib from the collision with the wall. She already felt her legs buckling beneath her again. She couldn't take the weight anymore and collasped the steak between her legs. The butcher once again tried to kick her but she got his leg this time despite her messed up vision. She tightened her grip listening to his screams of pain and anger. She couldn't hold his leg for long and soon she lost her grip and was kicked in the face with a yelp and slid a few feet on the ground. The butcher got his meat back and placed it on his moveable counter on wheels, her mind was to clouded over to remember the name for it right now. Great, she should have thought before she did this. She was doomed now.

Feeling a rough hand grab her throat and lift her off the ground she flailed her legs helplessly. The butcher may be obese but he was pretty strong.She snapped at the air not even relising in her overwhelming stupor, she couldn't get him even if she tried.

"I'm going to cut you up for dog meat you mutt.."

The words wre slurred in her mind as the sharp pain in her side once again began to scream in agony. She squirmed, making the pain even worse. She was a stupid wolf, she should have been smarter then this. She WAS smarter then this and look what she had done! She was pissed with herself now and what a stupid mistake she had made. A mistake big enough to destroy her. There was still a spark of fire in her eyes though, she just couldn't use that firey spirit to escape this prediciment like she had been able to in the last town. That wasn't as stupid of a mistake as this one had been.

Silver_Wolf

Mattie ran headfirst into the throng of humans. Now that she'd seen the man grab Kali the way he did, she had every right to attack and go on the offensive. Not to mention the threating to cut her up deal.

stupid, arrogant humans!!

Her right hook sent a man sprawling, and a well timed spin kick to another's jaw made him go down like a sack of flour. There were scattered screams as Mattie's fists flew this way and that, her eyes blazing with anger towards the human who'd so cruelly grabbed Kali. Mattie promptly stormed over to the man and growled, showing her fangs before shifting into her true form and biting down hard on the man's ankle, blood seeping from the shredded pant's leg. The shock no doubt would cause him to drop Kali instantly.

"Go, Run Kali! I don't know what you were thinking back there, but go! There aren't many humans around. Go back to the alley and wait for me! Mattie dug her fangs deeper to make a point, snapping and growling the entire time. Anger was the least of her emotions, but when it took control, it dominated her like no other.

that bite wasn't that deep, but this should be enough for her to escape in all the confusion.... I hope.....

EnoehT

Hevyyd arrived just in time to watch as the girl attacked the human and helped the other wolf to escape. Just watching the violence made his eyes go wide, emotions and memories flooding into hsi head. Pain, his family, dying, shot, killed, training, pain, weariness, he wanted to sleep, he lost himself, the name Hevyyd, he hated it, they gave it to him, the marking, the marking on his neck, fighting, killing. Why wouldnt it stop. WHY WOULDNT IT STOP!

Hevyyd kneeled on the ground, the force of his own pasts cripling him, old bruses and wounds, long since healed, pain, flooding into his mind, and his one recluse was.....

Rage.

kingdomwolfblade

Pulling herself to her feet as Madison jumped in she took off as fast as she could next to Hevyyd. She was panting not even a minute after running. Her neck stung like hell but her side was the worst part. ONce making it to the alley she let herself collaspe on the concrete and closed her eyes. She growled a bit at the pain in her side and twitched a bit as well.

Damn...they got me good this time.

She brought her head up and nudged her side inspecting it. Most likely a fracture, not to big but big enough that she would have to wrap it good for most likely, a few weeks. She was pretty much useless now. She didn't want to leech off of anyone but staying on her own during this time was dangerous as well. That other girl....she had probably just made her self known as a wolf back there and it was all her fault.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Overhearing the commotion behind him in the street, Raticus wondered if it could be trouble. Although it was likely that someone from the south would come all this way to start something was unlikely, he had to make sure for himself. Pressing along the wall, he leaned to the side, peering around the corner. A group of men were gathered around a figure on the ground, but from his vantage point, he couldn't really make out much of anything. Removing his sunglasses, he folded them in and placed them in his inner jacket pocket. Hazel eyes squinted, slightly aggrivated by the morning sun's reflection on the dome.

What appeared to be a dog... No... Two dogs were in the middle of the cluster of humans. It was all he could really tell. Perhaps one of them had been a little too gutsy, seeing that it was situated in front of a vendor's stand. A slight sigh of relief escaped his lips. It looks like there wasn't any real trouble here. Yet...

Raticus turned around at the sound of footsteps and scraping paws. A man with flowing brown coat and a dog with black fur hastily made their way past him and into the street. He couldn't help but notice that the man had bloody murder in his eyes and the perfume of a drunkard in his gusto.

"Get 'em, Blue!"

He said, releasing the leather leash to his companion; it took off into the crowd of humans, trying to get at the wolves within. There were too many people in the vicinity to get a good shot off, and the man wouldn't want to risk having to answer to Detective Dandy again. He growled and stormed forward, pushing a poor sap to the side that was standing in his way.

The dog, who was named Blue, picked up the scent of the wolf who had drawn blood. Her teeth bared and she barked and growled viciously.

kingdomwolfblade

Snapping her head back towards where she had come from she noticed Blue running towards Mattie. Growling she once again leapt into action. All pain was ignored as her own anger took over. Mattie should have gotten out of there but she hadn't and now it was Mattie's turn to be save. She ran with her head low darting through the people until she lunged at Blue.

Back off human pet!

She lunged for Blue's neck to most likely break her spine there. Hopefully she got there before she got Mattie or else her attack would be of no use. Her rage allowed the pain to be overlooked, it was like a bloodlust when humans kept sheep locked in pastures and a wolf got in. They wouldn't stop until all the creatures were dead. They couldn't help themselves, the humans were the ones who left the sheep int a tight space, it was not the wolves fault.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Blue hues caught the form of another approaching her flank. Bursting through, she slid on her heels, turning back to face her lunging adversary. Muscular legs pushed off of the ground, sending her into a mad sprint if she were to gain the momentum to lunge back. Leaping forward, the other wolf would notice that she had jumped slightly off-center back towards her foe; ignoring the other for the time being. Her muzzle breezed past the other's swiftly, but her collar was what she had been aiming with the entire time. The metal collar had sharp barbs that stuck several centimers out from the base metal; they were certainly capable of tearing flesh and muscle.

Behind the two, Quent loaded up his rifle, now worried about Blue taking on two wolves at once. However, the man next to him reached out to his should. In his sub-sober state, Quent Yaiden, sherrif of Kyrios, filled with anger and rage.

"Hey... what do you think you're doing?" The man, who happened to be Raticus, said.

Mistakening him for a cop, Quent slid his arm back and slammed the butt of the rifle into the man's face, sending him sprawling backwards onto the ground.

A dizzy sensation along with a stream of blood running out from his nose, Raticus looked back up to the man who had sent him reeling. Angry, he flirted on the edge of consciousness. That really hurt... However, the man had froze, staring down at this young man.

In that instant, a memory popped into the old man's head. He had remembered when his son had gone out to play in the pasture with Blue, who was only a pup at the time. He had fallen from the ladder onto his face and his nose bled like a faucet as he wailed tears of pain. Blue scratched at the wooden door, and luckily, his mother and father had heard the screams from the household. Inside, he remembered looking down at his son as his wife cradled his head, trying to calm the boy. Although this man wasn't crying, he watched the blood flow out of his nose as if in a trance. He mumbled something under his breath. The face of this young man... Quent had always wondered what his son would look like if he had ever grown older... Funny. It seemed as if he was staring back at that vision right now.

"Oh, Ruus... what have you done this time?"

Raticus's eyebrows arced, wondering just what the hell this man was talking about. Soon, Quent snapped out of his memory as the man stood up. Behind him, he noticed two police officers running towards the two of them. Wasting no time, he started off, calling out to Blue. He despised having let the wolves live for now, but he couldn't risk sitting in a jail cell. Neither could Raticus, but unfortunately, he didn't notice the police approaching from behind.

Quent took off into the alley, and Blue who landed from her lunge at the other wolf, bounded off towards him, her leash flailing behind her. The two of them disappeared behind the building and went off into the adjacent street. The two policemen stopped Raticus where he stood, noticing the blood on his face.

"Freeze! Stay right there!"

One of them held a baton while the other was armed with a pistol. However, there was no need for him to draw it. They made Raticus lean against the wall with his hands behind his head. As the first one slapped cuffs on his wrist, the other gritted his teeth and patted him down. Feeling the cigarette pack in his pocket, he pulled it out and smirked. It was a western brand. Not many people smoked it around here.

"Alright, let's see your identification!"

Of course, Raticus had none, and looked to the side. He was pissed. There was no time for this; he could waste precious time here in Freeze, much less a jail.

"Heh... You sonuvabitch. A foreigner coming all the way here to get drunk and start a street fight, eh. You little punk, we'll see you in jail. Take him in!"

The two of them began escorting Raticus along the way, to the truck at the end of the block. Luckily, they hadn't noticed the commotion the wolves had stirred just around the corner. Throwing him in the back, Raticus stayed silent, knowing that staying compliant was the best way to draw the attention off of himself.

kingdomwolfblade

She managed to dodge out of Blue's way just in time before the collar sliced through her neck. She landed shaking a bit probably beginning to regain her senses. She had seen what Ratticus was doing and she pittied the human, he was being taken away for something he didn't do. She managed to get to the alleys and changed back to her human form. Slipping through the humans towards the police truck she shouted and began to run slightly.

"Hey! Hey! Please let my brother go, he has a slight mental problem and he doesn't talk much, esspecially under pressure. He forgot his ID this morning when he left without a warning. Please forgive him."

She had grabbed one of the policemen by his shirt sleeve and was tugging at it a bit.

"Strange, you don't look much like him..." He looked first at Kali, then at Raticus.

"He was adopted when I was five." She quickly came up with that lie as well.

"Well...I'm not supposed to...but for such a pretty lady like you. I will today. Just keep an eye on him next time though." She reached in and dragged Raticus out freeing his wrists of the handcuffs and handing him over to Kali. She quickly took him by the arm and began to walk off with a thank shouted back to the police men. As soon as they were out of site she let go of his arm.

"I saw what happened earlier around the corner, it looked like you were standing up for the dogs. Infact, I know one of those dogs, she visits me everynow and then during the day in the alleys. I'm worried arout her. It looked like she broke a rib or something.." Her voice was quite different now, her rib was bothering her again. She stumbled as she tried to step again landed on her knees with her arms around her stomach. She felt like she was going to hurl, she wouldn't be able to go much farther without treating it. Damn it...she thought to herself. She shouldn't have gone and saved the human, she should have gone and did something for a wound. This wouldn't have happened if she hadn't gotten so gutsy with the vendor.

Last edited:

Silver_Wolf

Mattie rolled eagerly away from the snapping fangs and dove between the wolf hunting dog, desperate to escape. Her minor wounds burned fiercely, and she only needed a few moments to take a break.

Wow, the human and Kali.. her wound looks bad... I'd better go before I'm chewed up too...

Mattie skidded hastily around a corner, before ducking behind a parked car. A moment later, she emerged in her human form, a bit worse for wear, but nothing to bad. Sniffing the air gently, she could smell Kali's pain and the human's as well. Trotting over to them she wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead.

"Kali, ummm... sorry about that." she whispered in her ear, "I know you're still hurt and all. There's a place I know where you can get treated."

EnoehT

When he finally came too, everything had stoped. He could feel the fire in his gut die down, which was good. and he was glad that his hands were no more bloody then they were before. He looked up, finding that the other wolves had left, and decided that he had been wrong, as always. He was an idiot, an idiot for not trusting the one thing he was SUPPOSED to trust.

Stalking away, silently, Hevyyd concluded that he would never again be with others, he was simply to hopeless. As he walked off into the street, a cat hissed at him. Reacting, he grabbed the cat and shoved it into a wall, then crushed its skull in his fist.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Looking up, Raticus noticed that a young woman had approached the police officers. After listening to her story, he decided to play right along. Curling up into a ball, he started shivering and pulling at the tail of the scarf that hung down his back. Staring off into space was a nice touch. After being led out of the back of the truck, Raticus looked at his "sister" and then off into the next street.

Soon enough, they were off, arm in arm towards a place where they could remain out of sight. Once the young woman let go of him, he walked over to a rain barrel with ice chunks floating in it. After washing off the blood on his face, he looked back to her.

"Thank you... Oh... Eh. Well, I used to have a dog myself... So... Uh, miss?"

At that moment, he saw her fall to her knees. Bending down, he noticed that she had been clutching her stomach. What was going on? She hadn't been injured just now, had she?

"We need to get you to a doctor... Wait... I have some supplies on my bike. Just hang out and I'll get them, alright? Try not to move too much."

Raticus left too quick to give her any time to respond. He walked out of the alley and jogged towards his bike. A large sack on the back opened easily with velcro straps and buttons, and he rummaged around for a first aid kit or anything that might be useful.

kingdomwolfblade

She watched Raticus run off without giving her a chance to reply. She heard running and looked at Mattie.

"Sorry, I'm not going anywhere right now. I'm not just going to ditch the human."

She managed to stand up and walk with a slight stumble here and there till she got to the building wall where she lowered herself to the ground using the wall as support. She closed her eyes.

"That butcher got me good didn't he Mattie. I really shouldn't have even tried...it's just...I haven't had fresh meat in weeks and my craving overcame me. I misjudged my jump, I could have gotten away if I hadn't misjudged my jump."

Though she did feel bad she couldn't tell Raticus why she had the broken rib. What would a humans reaction be to her saying, I'm a wolf! Yeah, that would get good reactions. Now he would be wondering how the hell she got a broken rib. She would have to think something up, and quick if she wanted to lie again. She had done enough lieing earlier when she thought about it, lieing to the police. Though she had to admit, that was pretty fun.

Silver_Wolf

"Everyone misses a jump here and there. then again, not everyone is a wolf like us either. Heh, can't blame you though. I haven't eaten meat in nearly two years. Mostly fruits and bread. Kinda like the stuff, the humans sure do."

She gently pressed the wounded area and shook her head. "It looks cracked, althuogh you probably don't need me telling you that Kali. If its okay with you and the human, I"m gonna stick around for a while."

kingdomwolfblade

"I can hardly stand the stuff they eat, its not the best. Berries I can stand. Our ancestors used to eat them alot as well before we began to dwindle out and when we acctually roamed free land."

Even with her gently pressing on her rib cage she couldn't help but wince and try and back away from the pressure.

"Already knew that. Have for a while now. It's these brick walls....they'll do it to ya. I don't know about the human, but it's fine with me. Though it may be quite boring. But did you see what I pulled on those police men earlier?" She couldn't help but giggle at the thought of it. "Sure tricked them didn't I?"

Silver_Wolf

"You're braver than I am anyway, Kali. I mostly do what the humans do. Its fun hanging around them, until they get suspicious after a while.... anyways, I'm just glad I have someone to talk to."

Mattie perked her head to where the people had gatherd slowly in the streets and wondered where the human went.

"Say, anything I can do for you? That looks like it hurts a lot."

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
Raticus soon came back empty handed. There was nothing he had on him that looked like it would help. Walking his bike into the alley, he turned back to her. Wait... was she talking to someone just now?

"...I don't really have anything that'll help... But we should get you to a doctor."

He cocked his head a little, still trying to understand the whole situation.

"There's a place not far from here that I think could help... it's low-key... So..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back