• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ("Doesn't this street look familiar?!")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Surprised this wasn't posted yet. I love how it looks. Especially how when Crazy Diamond comes and goes it looks like diamonds.

Anagram

Banned
Ugh I'm still only half way through part 3. Need to watch that when I'm near decent wifi again....So has anyone else been following this?

It's not out west side yet and I haven't seen all the Jojos yet either but it looks really interesting. A time travel/timeline/multiverse plot I can get behind.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I'd recommend not checking out Eyes of Heaven until you've at least finished Part 7. The ending is based on an element from Part 7 that's important to its story.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
It's not that it would hurt your enjoyment of either a ton (although spoilers for JoJo are RIFE through this game, so finishing 7 is almost a prerequisite in that sense) but it would certainly not give you nearly the amount of satisfaction of seeing the ending that having gotten through those parts would, in my opinion. They keep the rules of that game bound to actual rules the JoJoverse sets up, and the most important one to the story is directly tied to Part 7.

Anagram

Banned
I see. So it's just more rewarding to see part 7 first.....I'm only half way through watching part 3. I wonder if I could read the chapters before the game comes out.

Awards
Part 4 anime adaptation!!!! About time! For a second I didn't think they would do it but they did. David Productions is our lord and savior.

Anagram

Banned
Well I finally finished part 3 after taking several breaks and internet dilemmas. It was okay but I definitely lost interest mid way. Jotaro wasn't a very appealing lead to me either, too stoic. And while the stand powers were incredibly creative, diverse and used creatively I feel I preferred hamon as the main stay so far.

My interest didn't really seem to return till the end. Dio gave a unique feeling to it, Joseph or Jotaro don't have the same history with him as Jonathon but all of them meeting was an odd highlight. It was nice to see Jonathon get some peace/resolution through his descendants as well.

I kinda feel Jotaros time stop should've been alluded to earlier because it kinda felt dues ex machina BUT maybe it was and I just never noticed? I find myself wondering if I'd have held interest more if a somewhat younger Joseph was still the main lead. Dio felt more of a villain to him than Jotaro for some reason. (probably because of Josephs own fights against the pillar men and vampires?)

Peace

Awards
I'm the same with Part 3. Personally, I think that Star Platinum's high speed should have been very brief glimpses of the time stop and it just seems like he was moving really fast. But since it's actually shown to be very fast, it does seem like an ass-pull.

Also, I think Jotaro is one of the more boring JoJos. But going from the energetic Joseph to stoic Jotaro is pretty understandable. I think it would have been cool to see more of what Joseph can do combining his Stand with the Ripple if he kept up with his training.

Anagram

Banned
^ That was another moment of sadness for me. Joseph was so creative and varied with his ripple in part 2 that I was disappointed to see him barely use it now. Granted this was the part the power shift to stand happened and ripple isnt as effective on normal humans but I still would've liked to see him make up for his own stands combat weakness with Ripple like his creative uses fighting Dio such as wrapping his body in hamon infused hermit. Dio even seemed to keep The World from touching Joseph like that which makes me wonder if hamon was detrimental to his stand just as it was to his own body.

I also have a question. Shouldn't using Dios blood to save Joseph turn Joseph into a vampire?

Peace

Awards
Probably, but I'm guessing the Speedwagon Foundation ran the blood under ultraviolet light to get rid of the vampire bits. Especially since they have had to deal with Pillar Men before.

Peace

Awards
Maybe. Or they could have diluted Dio/Joseph's blood with blood of Joseph's type from someone else. Or Joseph's Ripple fried the vampire essence.

EDIT: I don't think Araki gave a clear answer of how. It's been a while since I read the manga and I just watched the anime episode and that didn't say anything about it.

Last edited:

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Araki's rules typically apply for what's convenient to the situation.

Anagram

Banned
So basically happy ending logic. Given Araki's fearlessness of killing a character (from the parts I've seen) I'm kinda surprised. Oh well.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Good news: this fall Viz will begin releasing part 3 of JoJo, Stardust Crusaders, in hardcover deluxe editions. Viz started releasing these hardcover print editions last year with Part 1 and I think Part 2 is almost completely released as well.

I already own all of part 3 digitally, so I'm not in a big hurry to get these hardcover ones, but I've seen them for parts 1 and 2 and they do look pretty dang nice. The JoJo editor at Viz has said that stuff in Stardust Crusaders that was previously censured in past releases will be restored to how they originally were, so that's good. I think each hardcover book will contain 2 or 1 1/2 volumes from their previous single volumes.

Source

Now if Viz would start releasing Part 4 and onward that would be really great.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
I really liked the first episode of Diamond is Unbreakable. From the get-go I think I'm going to like Josuke more than I did Jotaro. I like his design with the... large pins or buttons of the heart and peace sign on his jacket, and we're probably going to get a lot of mileage out of people making fun of his hair style. Actually I think Jotaro might fit the mentor role for Josuke pretty well, so I'm looking forward to seeing how he's utilized.

Was actually pretty shocked that Joseph is Josuke's father?! Uh... well, I guess Joseph wasn't exactly the most clean-cut kind of person, but didn't think he'd cheat on Susie Q. Man, just thinking about how old Joseph is in this part now is kinda... sad, in a way, just from Jotaro talking about dividing up his estate. I think I'll need to watch some Part 2 again.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Really enjoying the new season. The void that was left when Stardust Crusaders ended has now been filled again. :3

Back