• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anime/Manga ► Jojo's Bizarre Adventure ("Doesn't this street look familiar?!")

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm completely new to the series and started with season four. I really like Koichi's abilities with his Stand Reverb. Seriously, he hasn't really had to rely on Josuke for any of his battles thus far. The kid has some balls and knows how to stand up for himself. It still makes me laugh when he got his mom to believe in him and ended up with an underling for him to boss around with. So the new episode against some crazy nut job of a woman turned out way better than I had anticipated; especially in Part 2.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Well, I suspected as much this wasn't going to go down real easy with Chili Pepper. Now I need to see how things play out in part two. xD I still feel mighty confused about Josuke, Jotaro and Joseph. I remember being told Josuke is like an uncle to Jotaro? I still don't know if I got that right or not. But I'm excited to see what a frail old man Joseph turned out to be. In any case, I really like this episode. It was nice seeing Okuyasu kick some butt against Chili Pepper till he blew it. And again, I'm reminded how bloody JoJo can be.

I still need to find the time to read the manga soon.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
So the part 4 anime is confirmed to run for 39 episodes. After this ends, I will probably start reading the manga. I can't stand the wait between seasons any more.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'm glad I never eating during an episode of JoJo Diamond is Unbreakable because, this new episode with the Rat being a Stand User is disgusting. How Jotaro knows so much about rats is... unsettling. I get he had to do research but, I really don't like rats at all. This is the second time I've had to skip parts of an episode because, I can't bear to see how bad it is. I can handle some graphic stuff, but JoJo puts a whole new meaning to what graphic really is. Between this episode and the invisible baby episode are my least favorite episodes in the season thus far. The only thing I liked about it is that it was more focused on Josuke and Jotaro this week. And Josuke thinking they're going hunting for babes was hilarious.

Is 39 episodes the standard for each JoJo season?

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
It'll vary probably. Each part is (mostly) around the same length minus 1 and 2. Part 3 did end up being around 48 if I remember.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I recently finished reading the part one series of JoJo Bizarre Adventure. I really liked it a lot more than I expected because it shows how much of a jerk Dio is. Heck, calling him a jerk is an under statement. I still can't believe how much he got away with for seven years. Jonathan Joestar can certainly kick butt without any special abilities at first, especially with his fight against Dio! However, I feel bad for Jonathan to lose the only family he had left. Otherwise, I'm happy speed wagon has lived a long time. I'm starting part two of the series now. C: I will say I find certain things gruesome, cause in part one, I did have to skip anything to do with dogs. And I'm slightly horrified by Joseph Joestar punching a cop's finger through his nose; after he kept picking at it. EW. Like seriously, EW. But that's JoJo for you. xD Overall, it's been a good read! I look forward to seeing what part three has in store for me.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I finally got through part two of Jojo Bizarre Adventure Battle Tendency. I really like how certain characters come back from volume one. Such as the nazi's. xD Furthermore, I was quite surprised seeing what Joseph was like in his youth because, it's a lot more different now from how I've first him as an old man with bad memory in part four of the anime. If I was asked who did it better using the power of hamon, it'd be Joseph all the way. What with his fight against wamu was pretty badass. And the pillar men were more likeable in comparison to Dio. Yes, Dio is the better villain, but I still hate his guts. Of course, the family lineage is also a bit confusing that I may need a chart until I can get it straight. However, there were some pretty cool reveals in part two about it. My only complaint is Lisa Lisa didn't get much action compared to Joseph and Casear. Overall, I enjoyed reading this series too. All that's left is part three. C:

Last edited:

Peace

Awards
Just watched the newest episode and holy shit do they know how to creep things up. It's one thing reading Kira's scenes, but watching them made me shiver.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Kira continues to slightly disgust and disturb me a little. I suppose that's what makes him a good villain. I'm a bit sad to see Shigechi die despite not really like him too much as a character. And it was clever of him to take the button off of Kira before his demise. Seriously, he was this close to being able to alert Josuke before it was too late. Shame he was unable to get away from the second bomb in time. Damn, Kira's power isn't anything to sniff at all. And I don't really remember how long Jotaro can stop time, but I'm hoping he'll use his stand to at least get a hold of Kira's name before it's too late and he gets away. Both episodes have been really good thus far.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I find it pretty hilarious how Koichi attitude always changes in the heat of the moment. Super sayian mode activated! It's mostly because of his hair. Anyways, this was a really awesome episode for this week. I like his Act 3 Reverb a lot more than his previous ones.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
This week's episode was so good! It was great seeing Jotaro get back into the actiona bit more, and Koichi have to step-up again when things were going south. I like his Act 3 Reverb a lot too. I'm assuming this'll be the last time it upgrades, perhaps?

I think this is the first time I've so actively laughed and yelled "fuck you, a-hole!" at my computer watching Kira fall all over himself at that cafe when his Heart Attack got weighed down. Loved that so much, lmao.

Also, Kira's stand is the first one I really noticed the change from the original name so much. Killer Queen is such a better name then the sub's Deadly Queen that they had to change it too. But I'm also a huge Queen fan, so I'd much rather like the original anyway. Curse you copyright laws!

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
It's small, but it pains me not to see it called Sheer Heart Attack in the subs. I'll live though. Either way, these past few episodes have been EXTREMELY entertaining. Some of the best JoJo has had to offer.

Figured I'd shamelessly post this since I was in it as well, but I genuinely think that it's an awesome fan animation trailer for Part 7 with minor spoilers throughout:

[video=youtube;AMsGTEuCQCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMsGTEuCQCU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
That's really cool, Pinwheel! I've looked up a little bit about part 7, and it's probably the part of JoJo I'd want to read the most. Too bad an english release is probably years off still.

As far as this week's episode goes: holy crud! These last couple of episodes have been really damn good. The way things were going, at first I thought Kira would be stopped and we'd have to have a 4th villain introduced from this point forward. Nope, because Kira pulled off one hell of an escape there. It was fun watching Koichi and Jotaro get the better of him while they could, but now things are going to get a lot tougher for them trying to find him again.

Peace

Awards
It was soooo satisfying seeing Kira getting ORAORA'd. And even though I already knew Kira got away, it still pissed me off seeing it again.

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I feel like the running joke is need a hand? Considering how we keep having hands cut off left and right. I suppose that's what makes this villain in particular unique. I myself enjoyed this episode despite how violent it got with Koichi face being pummeled into the ground non-stop. It's a shame Kira got away tho. Can't wait for next week's episode. C:

Anyways, I've been reading my way through JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders. Boy is Jotaro so much different from how he is currently in the anime. Swearing here and there, then charging head first into some of his stand fights. I still get really grossed out during some of these volumes because, it gets nasty. I'm so glad I don't eat at all upon reading something as gross as a pigs head coming out from a toilet during their travels to India. Anyways, seems like it's the usual stand after stand fight. The girl that accompanies them makes me think she'll be important later on. And the ridiculousness of these stands are kind of entertaining in one way or another. I still got ten volumes left to get through before I'm caught up with official translations of it. :3

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
This episode turned everything upside down for me because it dipped into sci-fi. You'd think I'd be used to whatever is thrown at us in JoJo, except the concept of this new character being a alien took me by surprise that I was in disbelief as much as Josuke was. Except everything he's done has pointed to him being an alien. I really did enjoy this episode because, it's pretty hilarious seeing Kira losing his patience and needing to kill somebody. Those nails are gross. And his wife, oh geez... I couldn't hold back some of my laughter.

I still need to catch up with the rest of part three manga. Hoping I can do that soon. :3

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Josuke... there's a murderer on the loose, maybe don't try to use the naive alien to cheat at gambling for your shopping addiction.

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards
Freaking-A. I've never wanted to go to a Comic Con more than the upcoming NYCC!

https://www.viz.com/blog/posts/viz-media-nycc-guide

ViZ Media is selling the new hardcover Stardust Crusaders volume a month before street release there.
1421590654.jpg

I need this in my life and on my bookshelf right the heck now!

Back