• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Japan Wants PSP Remasters of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepe1092

Awards
Capcom is kicking off Sony's PSP Remaster program with Monster Hunter Portable 3rd. Sony may want to consider targeting a different publisher for the next entry in the series.

In a poll featured in this week's Famitsu, Square Enix's games topped the request list for PSP Remaster titles. Amongst readers of Famitsu and Famitsu.com, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is the most wanted title, followed by Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII and Dissidia Duodecim Final Fantasy.

Namco Bandai also placed highly in the results. Following Dissidia came Gundam Next Plus and God Eater Burst.

The poll was posted as part of an interview with Sony's technical staff regarding the "PSP Engine" that powers PSP Remaster titles.

The engine was actually running 1.5 to 2 years back, complete with HD rendering. After seeing the engine running, Sony finalized its product plans for the series.

Monster Hunter has 3D support, Ad-Hoc Party support and HD output. But there's apparently much more potential for the series. Digital sound support is one thing that's technologically possible.

It's up to the developers how much effort they want to put into remastered games. PSP Engine is meant to make it so that games can run with hardly any effort. However, developers can add high resolution textures if they want. For MHP 3rd HD, Capcom made adjustments to make the field map smaller for the big screen, for instance.

Unfortunately, the interview offered no hints about future titles. Sony's reps did say they're in talks with publishers, but they're not at the point where they can share plans.

Source: Japan Wants PSP Remasters of Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy

Hamster Lord

Atrocity Exhibition
Awards
this is interesting

i hope atlus does this for all the persona games... I want to play them but I'm afraid to hook up the PS2 to my bro's big tv... it'll look like shit.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I don't really see much point in remastering Crisis Core(I'd still get it), but if they do this I'd love it if we just got most of them packaged together in one disc instead of spreading out the releases so we have to pay more.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Doesn't this thread already exist? Anyways, I don't see the point in remastering CC. That game was dreadful in terms of gameplay. It was fun at first but got really repetitive after awhile.

They should remaster other PSP games that really deserve it. Like Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together...and other games.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I could actually imagine a BBS-CC-012 combo. It'd be fitting. SE's three biggest PSP games, from their 2 biggest series, in one game.
But, I guess that wouldn't be as big of a money maker as three individual titles. Or, including BBS with the KH Collection if it happens, and then release CC and 012 together (or seperate).

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Someone should really make a thread only for the remaster titles because the plethora of these threads are really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back