• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I really can't see how you people can stand here and compare Avatar to those films. To me, Avatar is nothing like those films.
It's been explained so many times now. White guy is sent to infiltrate natives, meets native girl, betrays native tribe, realises he loves native girls and natives, helps fight for them in the battle.

Really, go watch Pochahontas if you need to. It's all there. It's just Cameron told it with a differant setting.

Wicked

absurdiam
∞;4740718 said:
Pocahontas, Fern Gully, Dances With Wolves, Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Delgo, Battle for Terra. Yeah, Avatar sure was original, huh?

But it was done differently. Very differently.

It's been explained so many times now. White guy is sent to infiltrate natives, meets native girl, betrays native tribe, realises he loves native girls and natives, helps fight for them in the battle.

Really, go watch Pochahontas if you need to. It's all there. It's just Cameron told it with a differant setting.

Yes, I seriously don't understand how you can not see that (Not you Jonny), the plot is very similar. Go hire it out! Cameron did it very different though, as JS stated, more.... unique if you will.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
I saw the film today, and I loved it. The graphics were better than I had expected.
Even though it is very similar to other movies, I don't care. I enjoyed it, and that's the main thing.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Oh, I loved the movie but I was just saying the plot is similar to another.

Yes yes, I didn't mean that even though it's similar to other plots it can't be liked.
Just brought out my opinion. :D

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
It would appear I'm seeing this again tomorrow :D

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Jezza, you lucky bastard. :C
I have to wait till the DVD comes out.

I'm kinda sad because I didn't have the chance to see it in 3D.

AxelRoxasFan223

Website
www.facebook.com
I WILL say that Avatar was much better than Titanic IMO. ;D
I am with you on that one.

1x1td.gif

XD

XIII Heartless said:
On a sidenote: Is there something wrong with me if I found the blue lady attractive (I think it's spelled Naturi, or something to that effect)? Maybe it's just because I could see Zoe Saldana in her, though I've never been that attracted to her. XD
#1 It's Neytiri
#2 They made her in a way that she's beautiful in her own way.

Anyway, back to topic, I think the movie was epic and it was well-made. The graphics were fantastic, and they made it look so real. Pandora itself was a beautiful world with all the life, fauna and all the bioluminescence in there, anyway I love sci-fi/fantasy they put in there XD Watched it twice and bought the artbook XD

I wish I could watch it in 3D though D:

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Ohh, the clans. There were 15 of them, right?
I liked the Ikran clan the most. :DDD They made those Indian -like yells, it was cool.

Wicked

absurdiam
haha, I didn't pay that much attention to remember names but they were all pretty unique.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Yes, they were.
I was kinda surprised when they suddenly started talking about the clans. I had no idea there were that much Na'vis! :eek:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
We were only looking at a small area of Pandora for most of the movie, don't forget.

Finland

Banshee Queen
Awards
Well, I was too stupid to notice that until the big battle.

Wicked

absurdiam
Yes, they were.
I was kinda surprised when they suddenly started talking about the clans. I had no idea there were that much Na'vis! :eek:

I had the same thing. There like "Lets get the clans" and I'm like "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING!" lol

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
For 12 years in the making the movie should have blown my face off.
It was good, great even, but nothing revolutionary whatsoever. Predictable plot with very predictable characters and very uninteresting set of events is somewhat disguised by its excellent pacing, beautiful art design and the enjoyable way they hold your hand throughout every element of the movie. They don't leave much to imagination or without placement, they simply play it safe in every aspect of the movie. Which gives it a universal appeal, but it does absolutely nothing I haven't seen in other movies before.

Even its CG graphics. I don't know why people clamor about them. We've seen this shit for years in video games.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
For 12 years in the making the movie should have blown my face off.
It was good, great even, but nothing revolutionary whatsoever. Predictable plot with very predictable characters and very uninteresting set of events is somewhat disguised by its excellent pacing, beautiful art design and the enjoyable way they hold your hand throughout every element of the movie. They don't leave much to imagination or without placement, they simply play it safe in every aspect of the movie. Which gives it a universal appeal, but it does absolutely nothing I haven't seen in other movies before.

Even its CG graphics. I don't know why people clamor about them. We've seen this shit for years in video games.
The plot's been about twelve years, and Project 880 would have produced a much better movie, although a far more lengthy one.
The actual recording of what scenes could be done was only up to four years ago, I think.
The CGI was for the last two.

The graphics are gawked over for the sheer vibrance, scale and detail of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back