• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is riku really a villain in KH?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

So is riku evil in KH?

• YES HE'S EVIL

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • No he's just confused

Votes: 33 76.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkriku14

beginning and end
yeah, Riku is not evil.

he didn't want the darkness at first if we all payed attention to when he first sided with Maleficent. He was just desperate to find Kairi, and Maleficent used that desperation and toyed with his mind, saying that Sora replaced him with Donald and Goofy, so then he's jealous. He turns to the darkness to kick Sora's ass, and accepts Ansem to get stronger.

there, he's just been used, he's not evil.

saratp

Bronze Member
Awards
know I don't think so. I just think he is confused

popiah

No he can't be a villain even he joined the dark path. It was just that he was confused. He and sora are still friends. So he can't be a villain.

moogles

He is confused in KH, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a villian in KH. He fights you multiple times and makes the adventure difficult to complete. I'm not saying he's evil but he is a villian.

JapanesePanda

Riku sort of reminds me of Knuckles in a way. Sonic and Knuckles are good friends, but rivals too. Robotnik/Eggman always tricks Knuckles into believing Sonic is trying to do something 'wrong' and always challenges Sonic to stop him.
Just a thought...

yuna:)

Okay, first of all, he only joined forces with Malificent(don't care if I spelled that wrong) to save Kairi, then Malificent made him believe Sora didn't care about him as a friend anymore which turned him against Sora...which is the reason his story is a little sad because he was just used the entire time...

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The first answer is no. The second answer is no. The third answer is NO! Riku didn't know what the darkness would do to him and was desperate to save Kairi. It was his own fault why he is in a big mess of letting Ansem controlling his body and now having to fade away. I also think that when the darkness took Riku's heart, Riku the Unknown was born.

~KirA~YamAtO~

He was an enemy not a villan..he did was he was told..nothing else..
A villan would have his own agenda which he lacks..so no..

baller4eva14

Riku was possesed so he's not an enemy and he was confused about the whole thing with maleicent poisioning his mind just like star wars revenge of the sith when sidius posions anakins mind and turns evil just like that

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Riku is just a whiny, angsy, and confused teen with a serious gullibilty problem when it comes to evil( Malificent could tell him anything and the fool will buy into it). But no, he's not evil.

Sirocco

Nope, never saw Riku as a villain in the game. He was a child who was willing to sacrifice anything and everyone to get Kairi back, before Ansem took control over Riku when Riku reached a certain point of dark heart. Riku didn't even know what he was turning into... and he did regret fighting Sora.
Also, in Final Mix atleast, Mickey tells Riku that he managed to let go of the darkness, leaving his body along and only his heart left inside Kingdom Hearts.

Riku was in the end what you could call a non-religious-martyr.

Sora Ultima

the 4th Islander said:
I don't think that makes him a villan, yeah he's evil in the game but he's kinda being controlled, and he's trying to save Kairi, so he's desperate. he'll do anything, so he accepts darkness, doesn't make him a villan, just an anoying boss.

Couldn't have said it better myself:D

moogles

I think its the opposite. Riku is a villian, but he is not evil. That may just be a difference of perception.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back