• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Mars going to be close to Earth tonight?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ifly

Awards
So i heard a rumor that mars will come reaall close to earth and we can see it without a telescope. Just like moon. Is it true or fake????

T

the

ugh.. I don't know about "close," but whoever said that probably meant that it could be seen with the naked eye tonight, something you generally can't do.

ifly

Awards
ugh.. I don't know about "close," but whoever said that probably meant that it could be seen with the naked eye tonight, something you generally can't do.

uh... yeah thats what I heard. By saying close I mean that is close enough to be seen with the naked eye

System Shock

Bronze Member
Awards
Pretty sure it's a lie. Because, last year Mars was supposed to be the closest it has been in 15 yrs. So I doubt that it's true...

Ren

adios motherfucker
I heard that was a hoax. Apparently Mars comes close to Earth every two years or so.
There's no way that Mars would be as big as the moon to the naked eye. You'd have to have a telescope.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Yep, like peeps have said, it's a hoax.
Saw it on the news this morning that it was and won't be as close as it was whenever for the next 200 something years.

Just gonna have to stick to the telescope and poking around at the sky.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Did you not read the later posts in the thread where he implied that the "moon statement" was an exaggeration?

Sure you did right because otherwise you wouldn't have acted so cocky.

He never clarified clearly whether or not he still thought the size would be that large, just agreed that you could see it with the naked eye. You can go ahead and assume that I'm being daft or cocky. =_=;

I've gotten the email before, and it makes it sound like the planet would seem to be the size of the moon. It's not an exaggeration, but a mistake.

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
He never clarified clearly whether or not he still thought the size would be that large, just agreed that you could see it with the naked eye. You can go ahead and assume that I'm being daft or cocky. =_=;
Implied =/= clarified.

tl;dr

By saying close I mean that is close enough to be seen with the naked eye
Plus exaggerations are supposed to be written as if they were facts.

"Apparently Bigfoot is supposed to be the size of an elephant." :v EXAGGERATION OR JUST HORRIBLE WRITING SKILLS?!

Ren

adios motherfucker
Implied =/= clarified.

tl;dr

Plus exaggerations are supposed to be written as if they were facts.

"Apparently Bigfoot is supposed to be the size of an elephant." :v EXAGGERATION OR JUST HORRIBLE WRITING SKILLS?!

Okay, I'm sorry if I came off as ridiculously puffed up.
I couldn't tell if he was actually exaggerating or not. As I've said, the actual hoax made it sound as if Mars would look like the size of the moon. Thus, I couldn't tell if he knew that wasn't true or not.

I'm not going to try to defend myself against you anymore. :/ You're obviously going to stick to the assumption that I'm being a cocky know-it-all.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Nah, I should have figured :/ I just wasn't sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back