• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

is he gone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
When ven beat vanitas it showed him turning into orbs of light and falling into vens hearts. When i saw this i thought that it meant that vanitas just returned to vens heart, but a lot of people keep saying that hes completly gone, so im asking is he still in vens heart or just completly dissapeared.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
For now, no one is sure but most people think he's gone. I just hope they don't bring him back because of fanservice

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I think that he retreated into Ven's Heart. He IS Ven's Darkness, so he'll return to his point of origin. Plus, when Ven's Heart trsnsferred to Sora's at the end of BBS, I won't be surprised if Van went with him, for he's a part of Ven's Heart, which is now a part of Sora's Heart. It could also explain why Van looks like Sora.....

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think that he retreated into Ven's Heart. He IS Ven's Darkness, so he'll return to his point of origin. Plus, when Ven's Heart trsnsferred to Sora's at the end of BBS, I won't be surprised if Van went with him, for he's a part of Ven's Heart, which is now a part of Sora's Heart. It could also explain why Van looks like Sora.....

That's because Ven visited Soras heart in the beginning of BBS (first cutscene). The wierd thing is that Ven went to the island because he lost all his streanght and almost died after Vanitas being created

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Fact is...we don't know what Vanitas's current status is.

There are in fact 3 possibilities I can think of at once:

1. Vanitas is completely destroyed, that would also mean that the shard of Ven's heart which formed his own dark heart is destroyed as well.

2. Vanitas was re-absorbed/re-integrated into Ven's heart, that would mean that Ventus has his darkness back and that Vanitas (if his sense of self and mind still exist) is now within Sora as well
...tsk, it's getting crowded, with Roxas, Xion, Ven and then also Vanitas.

3. Vanitas's dark heart was as badly injured due to the destruction of the x-blade as Ven's was (after all, Ven's manifestation inside his heart disappeared as well), so this would mean he either has found shelter somewhere else like Ven did with Sora (possible candidates would be Riku => suit similarities and Vanitas being on DI before Ven he could have set up a back-up plan or Xehanort => indicated connection between MX and Vanitas by golden eyes, similar to Braig and Isa) or his injured dark heart faded to the RoD and is now stuck there in eternal torment.

Vanitas666 said:
That's because Ven visited Soras heart in the beginning of BBS (first cutscene). The wierd thing is that Ven went to the island because he lost all his streanght and almost died after Vanitas being created
What's so weird? The issue is actually pretty simple:

1. Xehanort tears Ven's heart out of its body, extracts the darkness and cuts off a part from it,traumatizing and heavily injuring Ven. (flashback scene 4 years before BBS).
2. Vanitas is created (at this time he either has a blank face or looks like a dark Ven).
3. Vanitas starts to feed on Ven's remaining light and power, sending his already injured heart into a critical state.
4. Xehanort notices it too late, and dumps Ven on DI to allow him to "die" peacefully.
5. That night is the same night as Sora is born.
6. Sora's heart, on its way from Kingdom Hearts to its intended body which is about to be born, gets distracted by Ven's great pain and follows the bright light of Ven's heart. It's Sora that visits Ven's heart, not the other way around. On the broken awakening platform we can clearly see the part of Ven's heart that was cut out and is now Vanitas's heart.
7. Sora offers Ven to heal his pain and allow him to survive by connecting their hearts, which forms an incredible deep bond between both boys, and the missing part of Ven's heart is filled by Sora's heart giving some of its energy.
8. This causes Vanitas to take on Sora's looks, because the "shard" of Ven's heart that is the base for his dark heart is still connected to the rest of Ven's heart from where it came.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
3. Vanitas's dark heart was as badly injured due to the destruction of the x-blade as Ven's was (after all, Ven's manifestation inside his heart disappeared as well), so this would mean he either has found shelter somewhere else like Ven did with Sora (possible candidates would be Riku => suit similarities and Vanitas being on DI before Ven he could have set up a back-up plan or Xehanort => indicated connection between MX and Vanitas by golden eyes, similar to Braig and Isa) or his injured dark heart faded to the RoD and is now stuck there in eternal torment.

I think I just figured out why Ven goes away in the BBS Vol.2 trailer... du du du...

What's so weird? The issue is actually pretty simple:

1. Xehanort tears Ven's heart out of its body, extracts the darkness and cuts off a part from it,traumatizing and heavily injuring Ven. (flashback scene 4 years before BBS).
2. Vanitas is created (at this time he either has a blank face or looks like a dark Ven).
3. Vanitas starts to feed on Ven's remaining light and power, sending his already injured heart into a critical state.
4. Xehanort notices it too late, and dumps Ven on DI to allow him to "die" peacefully.
5. That night is the same night as Sora is born.
6. Sora's heart, on its way from Kingdom Hearts to its intended body which is about to be born, gets distracted by Ven's great pain and follows the bright light of Ven's heart. It's Sora that visits Ven's heart, not the other way around. On the broken awakening platform we can clearly see the part of Ven's heart that was cut out and is now Vanitas's heart.
7. Sora offers Ven to heal his pain and allow him to survive by connecting their hearts, which forms an incredible deep bond between both boys, and the missing part of Ven's heart is filled by Sora's heart giving some of its energy.
8. This causes Vanitas to take on Sora's looks, because the "shard" of Ven's heart that is the base for his dark heart is still connected to the rest of Ven's heart from where it came.

I didn't realize they where still connected but yes, that make sense

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think I just figured out why Ven goes away in the BBS Vol.2 trailer... du du du...
Really?
Lemme guess...you think that Vanitas somehow occupied Ven's comatose body while Ven's heart is resting in Sora now.
If so, I'm eager to hear how you'll explain Vanitas being able to force Ven's body awake and use it.
Remember, Ven went comatose in the first place because his heart was so heavily injured it couldn't maintain his awake status.
So, when the x-blade was destroyed Vanitas's heart in this scenario should have been injured as badly as Ven's...how could he possibly move the body then?
If Vanitas's heart would have found "shelter" in Ven's body it would be stuck there in torment, wouldn't it?

I didn't realize they where still connected but yes, that make sense
See, not so complicated or convoluted after all.
The Ven-Sora-Vanitas-Connection explained in 8 steps.
Add two more steps and you can also explain why Ven's heart went to Sora in the end.
Another three steps and one can explain Roxas's appearance and his ties to Ven and Sora as well. ;)

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
^ Ven has a heart of pure light and Vanitas of pure darkness, Darkness might recover easyer. Vens light was stripping away in the beginning, it sound much more fragile then the darkness that seem to be everywhere and is just waiting to be embraced

just a fun quote - Light think it's so god damm quick but no matter where the light goes it allways find the darkness is already there

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
^ Ven has a heart of pure light and Vanitas of pure darkness, Darkness might recover easyer. Vens light was stripping away in the beginning, it sound much more fragile then the darkness that seem to be everywhere and is just waiting to be embraced

just a fun quote - Light think it's so god damm quick but no matter where the light goes it allways find the darkness is already there

That's however only an assumption...do we have any indicator for darkness being able to recover easier?
Ven's light "stripping" away in the beginning was because Vanitas was feeding on it and about to devour him.
The reasons Ven was so much "fragile" that time was not because of the light or darkness, it was because we had a 9/10-year old kid there which was
1. Utterly beaten up by a pack of heartless.
2. Traumatized by his own master ripping his heart out of his body and then cut it.
3. The heart being injured greatly by that ordeal.

All this together had Ventus so weakened that he was not able to put up any resistance to Vanitas.
=> Quote Vanitas: "You used to be too broken to talk back."

That aside, the first injury can't really be compared to the second in terms of severity...the second injury inflicted through the destruction of the x-blade was much much worse, and if Vanitas was not reintegrated into Ven his injuries should be as bad as Ven's.
Even if he can heal faster...he'll need a living heart or another energy source to rely on.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I know, and the part of the theory that Vanitas does still exist somehow I have no real problem with...the problem comes with the point of Vanitas being in Ven's comatose body.
It would not help Vanitas one bit, he has no gain from it because he can't use the body. The destruction of the x-blade would have crippled both hearts with severe injuries, and if Ven's heart can't keep the body awake anymore neither can Vanitas's.
He would be stuck there in torment, and unlike Ven, he would have no shelter where he could rest to even start recuperation.

Terranort may have been "halfdead", but the difference is that Terranort's injuries weren't inflicted to his heart(s), both Master Xehanort's and Terra's (as well probably Eraqus's) heart's were still pretty much unharmed.

Zul

Awards
Would be a terrible waste of a character if they did nothing else with him. He could come back, he could be 100% dead, or he could appear as visions to Ven as Ansem SoD did to Riku in CoM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back