• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Is Birth By Sleep a challenge?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
the game is really easy on proud mode. because if you defeat the first boss on all the characters you can go back to that world and buy all the lvl 1 magics fire,blizzard etc then just stay in that world until you can get third lvl magic spells which doesn't take that long at all. the game is really short too because i lvl up to lvl 30 before i actually started the story and it only took me 5 hours to complete right up to the last boss for each character. so you have to set the difficulty for yourself do you want to get good commands at the start or do you just want to stay at a low level throught the game.
did you just say you leveld up in the first world till you where in lv 30? in that case, noob! ofcourse it's easy

I hope it's hard but it seems pretty easy, I start on proud mode and if that's easy I play the other charachters on critical and if all charachters gotta be on the same savepoint for some reason I re-play ven on hard after Terra and Aqua

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I have to say there where easy bosses and then there where really hard ones.
I think the NA will be a bit harder but it should be fine.

Skyus_solstice

im currently playing on proud mode with aqua.. 1st planet..
originally i was trying to beat the game without grinding but damn even normal enemies would kill me without noticing my hp going down..
easy in standard mode though

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I haven't played the game yet, but from what I heard, yes the game is fairly easy. Not like KH2 or anything, but not even as hard as KH1 from what I heard. However, it also depends, if you level up to level 30 in the first world, yes, the game is going to be easy no matter the mode, but if you actually take the time to play the game and don't level up too much, the game will be decently challenging.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
I still thought Kh1 was easy. lawl.

Critical mode ftw.

yeah, I didn't even need to get Ultima Keyblade in order to beat Ansem. I just wacked his guts with Oblivion Keyblade.

perhaps in proud mode, I might have needed Ultima, or could have as well gone without it. I decided to use it anyway since I never got the chance to complete the Ultima sidequest in my normal gameplay.

I think the only battles that were hard for me in proud mode was Riku II and Sephiroth.

but...Sephiroth. blah, he's hard regardless what level of difficulty I start my gameplay with.

Xenin

Banned
I agree that KH is easy later. I remember never being able to beat Riku but I breezed throught the game every boss. Sephy and Ice Titan were my only booga boos! But yeah I hope BBS is fun. IDC bought difficulty honestly. If I did I'd threw KH2 out the window. I destroyed that game in a day and was like....Son of a BI+++!!!!!
But yeah it's not bout difficulty to me..It is important..I don't want it being as Hard as KH was for me the first time but not as easy as KH2. For the record: it took me like half a year to beat KH the first time (Second two day lulz) and took me like three days to beat KH2 an dthats cuz I had school and tried to do as much as possible.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
For me BBS was challenging in some battles and i had to try a little harder but maybe that happened because i was playing the Japanese version...in the English version i am pretty sure the game will be a breeze even in proud mode, now about the critical mode i am sure that at one point it will be challenging but you know i don't think that KH games are difficult in general.

All KH games were easy with some battles in them being a little harder to beat and that's all.

The only game i found more difficult than the others was KH1 and the only reason for this is that it was the first game in the series and you had to get the hangs of it...

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
When it comes to BBS, it all depends on which mode you play on.

Beginer mode is crap easy
Normal mode is very well balanced
Proud Mode is like KH2FM+ Critical Mode

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
KH1 was hard for me until after the Rikunort battle, mainly because I didn't realize that keychains made your keyblade more powerful. I also didn't know the purpose of spells like reflectaga, and the only ability I had equipped was dodge roll. I also didn't know anything about defensive items. I've only recently started using the Guard ability in Days. I usually just play it safe with standard mode, but I think this time I'll go with Proud, I doubt it'll be harder than KH1, and I don't want to complete every single thing just to get the secret ending.

kupo1121

Awards
I know I'll end up completing all the things regardless if I play on Proud or Standard. I usually stick to standard but now thinking about it, I think I'm gonna go with Proud for my first run through, and then after I replay it I can go through Critical.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I don't know why people are saying KH1 was very hard 0_0
I mean, the only reason it was hard for me to play it was because I played it when I was seven and it was my first console video game ever. But now... even on Expert mode, it's nowhere near as hard as everyone says. For me, BBS on Proud Mode is MUCH harder than KH1's expert.

kupo1121

Awards
That is also a reason, because my first playthough of KH1 was also at like a young age (8 I believe) so that is why many people find it hard I think, for the same reason. However, now many people are much older so the game is much easier. Also, different games are different to different people, some people might find playing a certain game more difficult then others.

Swordsaint

I played through KH1 again just the other day. It's not overly hard. I'd say it's harder for the first 4 worlds excluding Traverse town and Alice. Deep Jungle, Colliseum and Agrabah. They're not really that hard though. They're just harder than the rest of the game because you're still lacking good abilities. I'd say the game becomes a cakewalk after Agrabah. Kurt Zisa, Phantom and Ice Titan are super easy. The only thing difficult in 1 is Sephiroth.

Both Chains of Memories are easy too when you learn to use your keyblade stats PROPERLY. (example:speed and combo finish) as well as learning some sleights for normal battles. Build a good deck and it's too easy. learn to reload to the point where one button press reloads your deck between attacks. This makes reloading 3's easy as well. Use your dead time between attacks for this.

KH2 is fairly easy as well. The only remotely difficult thing here is a bit of the final underworld colliseum, it's all optional.

days is pretty easy too.

KH2 fm + is the only really hard one yet. critical is a bitch. i have a bit of trouble not understanding japanese though, so it's probably technically easier than I think. I just HATE rereleases in japan with so much more extras we wont get.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
That is also a reason, because my first playthough of KH1 was also at like a young age (8 I believe) so that is why many people find it hard I think, for the same reason. However, now many people are much older so the game is much easier. Also, different games are different to different people, some people might find playing a certain game more difficult then others.

Agreed. I guess in the end it just depends on the player itself that determines the difficulty rather than just the game. That and there's experience. We've all had experience with so many KH games that now we've kind of learned the patterns and tricks that make the game easier but we don't even think about it because it just becomes natural instinct.

kupo1121

Awards
That is true as well that we learn tricks and ways around attacks to the point where the game becomes easy. Eventually, Sephiroth might become easy as well if people constantly verse him too learn his tricks, so it's a mix of things.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I really hope its a challenge. I played kh1 on normal my first time, and after that, i start every kh game on the hardest available difficulty my first playthrough. kh1 was only a difficult for me at certain parts, final riku battle and sephy, but other than that i enjoyed the decent challenge/pace it gave me.

Chain of memories was moderately difficult for me, but re:com on proud was nothin at all

kh2 i felt kept a decent story, but- started on proud, beat it two days after i got it. it was breeze. it was a joke, and i was very disappointed in its lack of any challenge whatsoever. what is this being saved by mickey shananigans? i was never saved by him once until a couple weeks after i beat the game, and my friend told me about it, so i went back and died on purpose in a fight to see it.

I was pleased with days. i started on proud and i gotta tell ya, that was my favorite kh yet. not only did the story hold its own, but it provided me with a new challenge and i enjoyed not beating it at after a couple days. i enjoy getting stuck every so often, it allows me to strategize.

I hope to god BBS is a challenge, because i believe it to have the potential to be the best kh yet, and praise the lord we are getting a critical mode, i'll use it from the start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back