• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

InFamous RP?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I've been throwing around in my head the idea of an RP based on the game inFamous for the PS3.

For those who don't know what inFamous is about, this is the most basic of spoiler-free summaries, taken from the inFamous Wiki itslf, since I cannot explain it better:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

By the end of the game, it switches from fighting the gangs to defeating the source of the first Ray Sphere blast, which I will not reveal for spoiler purposes.

There is also a second installment of the game, released recently. It follows a similar premise, just in a different city:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

BTW, A "Conduit" is someone like Cole, who can either develop (or HAS developed)powers of some sort either from birth, or awakened through artificial means, such as the first Ray Sphere blast in Empire City.

If your'e still here after my long-winded explanation of the game's structure, here is my dilemma.

In the original games, the only (known) Conduit is Cole. (There are two others in inFamous 2, but I'm assuming not too many people on the KHI have played the game yet) In an RP like this, there would have to be more Conduits, and a more expansive universe to contain all of these super-powered people.

At first, I thought I would base it on the Evil ending of inFamous 2 (Skip to 1:45, unless you want to see the Good ending, too!):

(Sorry, that was the only vid with JUST the Ending I could find. ALL other vids with the Evil Ending had Gameplay in them, too. >_>)

But then I figured that basing it off of that would make them all Evil, and all on the same side. Not much of a plot, as you can probably tell.

I would appreciate any ideas, collaborations, and/or plots in mind.

I'm still developing a basic outline as well. When I have something, I will add it here.....

Last edited:

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
As am I, I haven't played either yet(well if you want to count the demo of the first then yeah I played it) but I'm sure I can learn about it quickly through its wikia.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Ok, that sounds good. I know Chaosmax says he'll do research, but have you played either of the games, Kingdom? I'm hoping for at least one of the participants to have knowledge of the game, just in case. Not that outside collaboration isn't encouraged, either. :D

Abhorsen

Well, just because the game ended the way it did doesnt leave room for suggestion that there wouldnt be 'evil' conduits that wouldnt go against Cole and be the 'good guys'. That very well could be the next game if there is one.. that is a loophole to making it whatever you like. have some of them mutate into creatures, bla bla, some side with the government and conspire against cole as 'dbl agents'. The possibilities are endless. Lets do this, i am in if you kick it off!!

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
Well, just because the game ended the way it did doesnt leave room for suggestion that there wouldnt be 'evil' conduits that wouldnt go against Cole and be the 'good guys'. That very well could be the next game if there is one.. that is a loophole to making it whatever you like. have some of them mutate into creatures, bla bla, some side with the government and conspire against cole as 'dbl agents'. The possibilities are endless. Lets do this, i am in if you kick it off!!

Cool. But the Evil Ending is Non-Canon, so that's another problem. It's just a matter of how many decide to get involved. If I can get at least five or more RPers, I'll make a Sign-Up for it....

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
I'm in, I have played InFamous before though but I really like the stor of it

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
My friends have told me much about it though. And I can result to a wiki

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
So when do you plan on posting the RP Klom (sorry if it sounds like I'm rushing you I'm not)?

Oh, I know. :3 When I find someone that's played the game as well as when I can come up with a proper starting plot.....I'm still deciding whether to base it after InFamous 2's Evil Ending, after the Good Ending, or in an Alternate Universe.....

I have played the first game Klom so no worries there.

Oh, that's awesome! Ironically, I've only played the first game, too. (But I've become interested in the series as of latee, so I lookd into the second game.) Now that I know someone's played the game, I can start coming up with a basic plot.

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
I know i'm double posting here, but I've decided what I'm gonna do. The RP will be based around inFamous 2's Evil Ending. I'll have the Sign-Up Thread for it made in 2 days, 3 tops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back