• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm INSULTED!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josiah

Quarian Power!
Everyone has their own definition of what makes a gamer... >.>;; So i think if you ARE your own definition, then you are a gamer =/

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
You're gamer if you enjoy playing games.

THe whole Pc vs. Consloe thing should be on a different thread (ironic. . i started the Pc vs. Console Thread)

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
hmmm, strange. i play PC games, and i weigh 110lbs, i have no glasses or acne, i have plenty of friends offline, rarely purchase things online, dont get picked on all too often, and i've never believed that i was on online game character with special powers.

oh, and btw, games are games. it doesn't matter what platform they're on(yes PC is a platform, just like xbox, ps2, etc.)

I guess, maybe I said that wrong.

If someone plays PC games and become a champ at the games, plays it day and night to, then tries console games and totally reeks at it, it's pretty obvious that he/she is a computer nerd, and will have at least 3 of those specifications.
I dunno how to say it. But you know what I mean, right?

A gamer is basically someone who plays games.
A true gamer is some one who can respect a game as well as its precautions. Take a 15 min break every hour, dont live infront of the screen, that kinda thing.

Covered in Bees

FLYNN LIVES!!!
Walking out at night, alone. Bumping into street s
Therefore the consoles, specifically designed for GAMERS ONLY will be the true gamer's platform.

koji said:
A true gamer is some one who can respect a game as well as its precautions. Take a 15 min break every hour, dont live infront of the screen, that kinda thing.

so, what you're saying is that if you play PC games, it automatically means that you cant respect a game and it's precautions?

also, it doesn't make sense for platforms that are designed for GAMERS ONLY to be the "true gamer's platform". here are the reasons:
1) computers had games on them before consoles even existed. so, by your logic, anybody who played games on those computers, before the existence of consoles, could not be a true gamer.

2) the xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, nintendo ds, and nintendo wii are all designed for more than just gamers. they're all equipped with features that appeal to people other than gamers.(in case you're wondering about the ds and wii, remember that the ds has a pictochat instant messenger, the play-yan, and the opera web browser, and the wii features the opera web browser, a photo viewer, and an upcoming dvd player.) so, basically, you're saying that if you play xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, ds, or wii, then you cant be a true gamer.

koji said:
If someone plays PC games and become a champ at the games, plays it day and night to, then tries console games and totally reeks at it, it's pretty obvious that he/she is a computer nerd, and will have at least 3 of those specifications.
so, you're saying that a computer nerd cant be a true gamer? i dont think i need to explain that one any further.

also, you seem to be saying that if you're not good at console games, you cant be a true gamer. i thought we already established that your skill level does not determine whether or not you're a true gamer.

LordMune

ANTHEISTNOSTIC
Awards
First off, I would like to say that I love videogames. I love everything about them. However, there are certain types of videogames, and/or systems, that I do not particularly care for.

Just last night, I happened to play Halo with a few of my friends. I would also like to say that Halo (and the Xbox, for that matter) is not something that I care for, nor would I spend my precious money on.

But, as things go, anything can be a blast when you're playing it with friends, even if you suck.

As I suck at Halo, and I don't like Xbox, my friend had the audacity to say that I was not a true gamer. (It was completely unfair. It was the third time I had ever played Halo.)

So, here's my question: What the hell makes a true gamer?
Non-prejudice against Micro$$$oft consoles and certain genres? It's ok not to like a particular game or the technical failings of a system, but the original Xbox was a perfectly fine console, unlike, say, the trainwreck that is the PS3.

As for the sucking at Halo != true gamer thing, your friend is retarded. I can beat him at Halo anyway.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Nope, nope nope. The PC is for computer nerds.
Here's how to identify Computer nerds (GEEKS):
Guess that makes me a nerd/geek

Always has glasses, fat, pizza faces(lotsa acne), eat only junk, has only online friends, buy everything online, are picked on in school as losers, and believe that they ARE their online game characters and have their special powers too.

lol? I'm not fat. I'm skinny for my age and I eat alot((107))Thats pretty skinny if u ask me. I don't eat Junk food, I eat it, but its not all I eat. and having one real life friend and having tons of online friends is good in way. I'm anti-social(that will bit me in ___ later on, I know)))

lol, I went to a school with nothing but preps and wanna be gang bangers. Not my fault.

Just because you like PC gaming doesn't mean u hack and cheat. People cheat on PS2 all the time, and the 360. ((but if MS sees u, or u get reported ur ___ed))Thats why I love Xbox Live

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
Nope, nope nope. The PC is for computer nerds.
Here's how to identify Computer nerds (GEEKS):
Always has glasses, fat, pizza faces(lotsa acne), eat only junk, has only online friends, buy everything online, are picked on in school as losers, and believe that they ARE their online game characters and have their special powers too.

Here's how to identify gamers:
They wear or buy lotsa gaming merchandise, have a real social life, eat healthy most of the time, sometimes has glasses, are only focusing on the game in a conversation or when actually playing the game, knows that it is just a game, doesnt waste time with hacking into games and cheating.

If a person has more than 3 of these specs, they are in that class. Hey, I didnt make it up...
Therefore the consoles, specifically designed for GAMERS ONLY will be the true gamer's platform.
hahahahaha

You have seriously demonstrated the highest caliber of your intelligence, and failed terribly- and I find this very, very amusing.

sometimes has glasses
AND THEN SUDDENLY A GENETIC TRAIT CONTROLS THE DIFFERENCE

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Either way it doesn;t matter whether or not the PC gamers wear glasses and crap, what matters is does that make them a true gamer.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Like I said, I didnt make it up. The Computer Nerd, that is. It was in a survey.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Theres a survey on Wii forums that Nintendo Wii take this gen. Theres a survey on a 360 that 360 will take this gen. survey are just topics in the end, unless there proven to be real

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I hate to say it, but Square Ninja's got a point. Why dont you show us this survey, Koji? Let's see if it's a reliable source, or if it's even real.

I deleted it. It was in an e-mail. There were like 20 points. It then rates how "geeky" you are. You start being a geek from 3. Ask around, someone's bound to still have it. It was pretty famous. It might not be a reliable source but if that's not a geek, then what is?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
test on how geeky are you?

I took one on What labal are you.
I got ( I don't forgot the numbers)
Emo
Goth
Nerd
I'm not goth or emo. I don't labal myself for one. But Yea those test are 100% real..

I'm also really Trunks form DBZ..
I took at test **Which DBZ character are you** long ago, and got him..XD

Didn't know these test was real. Now I need to find out how to use my power..XD

Edit sorry typos//

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
I deleted it. It was in an e-mail. There were like 20 points. It then rates how "geeky" you are. You start being a geek from 3. Ask around, someone's bound to still have it. It was pretty famous. It might not be a reliable source but if that's not a geek, then what is?
I'll answer your question with another- why should you even label someone as a geek in the first place?

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
I'm also really Trunks form DBZ..
I took at test **Which DBZ character are you** long ago, and got him..XD

Didn't know these test was real. Now I need to find out how to use my power..XD
Well, you put your hands close to each other, then concentrate. When you feel that spark inside you, let it flow freely into your hands. Dont let your body break it down. Once you get the feeling, keep practising over and over again until you master it. Then come back to me, I'll teach you to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back