• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm INSULTED!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marluxia Diablos

First off, I would like to say that I love videogames. I love everything about them. However, there are certain types of videogames, and/or systems, that I do not particularly care for.

Just last night, I happened to play Halo with a few of my friends. I would also like to say that Halo (and the Xbox, for that matter) is not something that I care for, nor would I spend my precious money on.

But, as things go, anything can be a blast when you're playing it with friends, even if you suck.

As I suck at Halo, and I don't like Xbox, my friend had the audacity to say that I was not a true gamer. (It was completely unfair. It was the third time I had ever played Halo.)

So, here's my question: What the hell makes a true gamer?

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
well, no ones going to skilled at Halo if they don't play it, and u only played it 3 times..

I say he said that because ur the only person he can beat..

Marluxia Diablos

Naw, I was playing my other friend. He was napping. They are both fairly good. Not Halo-Heads, to be sure. As I know that there are several members here who are going to be out for blood now that I've said that I don't like Xbox...

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
First off, I would like to say that I love videogames. I love everything about them. However, there are certain types of videogames, and/or systems, that I do not particularly care for.

Just last night, I happened to play Halo with a few of my friends. I would also like to say that Halo (and the Xbox, for that matter) is not something that I care for, nor would I spend my precious money on.

But, as things go, anything can be a blast when you're playing it with friends, even if you suck.

As I suck at Halo, and I don't like Xbox, my friend had the audacity to say that I was not a true gamer. (It was completely unfair. It was the third time I had ever played Halo.)

So, here's my question: What the hell makes a true gamer?

A true gamer can grasp the controls of a game within minutes. But there really isn't anything like a true gamer. So, don't let it bother you.=D

mz. eggsy

http://j.mp/jIANdM
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I'd assume that the moniker of "True Gamer" comes as a reson de'tre, or "reason for being", meaning that they live for games and only games. That goes with the priority system Square has.

Enigmacy

[Following my Path]
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
I'd assume that the moniker of "True Gamer" comes as a reson de'tre, or "reason for being", meaning that they live for games and only games. That goes with the priority system Square has.

I agree with that. A true gamer would be someone who only lives for game. If that statement is true, then I would not want to be a true gamer.I live for many other things besides videogames. =/

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Did he say you weren't a true gamer because you got beaten or because you didn't like Halo?

A true gamer is someone who will wait outside to buy a system for 13 hours then play it for another 4. A true gamer is someone who is worried that Heaven (assuming you're religious) will be boring because of the lack of games. A true gamer is shocked by the thought that there are people in this wrold who have not ever played a game. A true gamer would rather have thumbs than a penis (does not apply to girls). A true gamer plays 26 hours of games a day a true gamer would rather be raped once a day by 27 fat, hairy men than lose games forever.

A TRUE GAMER WOULD SELL THEIR SOUL FOR THE NEXT GEN CONSOLES!!!!!!

*breathes in heavily* j/k

Seriously though a true gamer is just someone who loves games and is willing to spend a whole lot of time and money on them. <-- (my opinion)

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Ultimately this depends on the literal definition of the word true...

dictionary.com said:
1. being in accordance with the actual state or conditions; conforming to reality or fact; not false: a true story.
2. real; genuine; authentic: true gold; true feelings.
3. sincere; not deceitful: a true interest in someone's welfare.
4. firm in allegiance; loyal; faithful; steadfast: a true friend.
5. being or reflecting the essential or genuine character of something: the true meaning of his statement.
6. conforming to or consistent with a standard, pattern, or the like: a true copy.
7. exact; precise; accurate; correct: a true balance.
8. of the right kind; such as it should be; proper: to arrange things in their true order.
9. properly so called; rightly answering to a description: true statesmanship.
10. legitimate or rightful: the true heir.
11. reliable, unfailing, or sure: a true sign.
12. exactly or accurately shaped, formed, fitted, or placed, as a surface, instrument, or part of a mechanism.
13. honest; honorable; upright.
14. Biology. conforming to the type, norm, or standard of structure of a particular group; typical: The lion is a true cat.
15. Animal Husbandry. purebred.
16. Navigation. (of a bearing, course, etc.) determined in relation to true north.
17. Archaic. truthful.
–noun
18. exact or accurate formation, position, or adjustment: to be out of true.
19. the true, something that is true; truth.
–adverb
20. in a true manner; truly; truthfully.
21. exactly or accurately.
22. in conformity with the ancestral type: to breed true.
–verb (used with object)
23. to make true; shape, adjust, place, etc., exactly or accurately: to true the wheels of a bicycle after striking a pothole.
24. (esp. in carpentry) to make even, symmetrical, level, etc. (often fol. by up): to true up the sides of a door.
—Idiom
25. come true, to have the expected or hoped-for result; become a reality: She couldn't believe that her dream would ever come true.

Now to me, most of the examples given in the definition are pretty subjective...on the whole the truth can't be generalized so ultimately the definition of a true gamer is whatever you want it to be. If we go by definition 2, a true gamer is everyone who has ever played a video game because they all exist.

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
Yeah, a true gamer is just a video game lover... Like me... But most call it someone who is a natural at games.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Yeah well either way it doesn't really matter because anybody who would be on this site should probably count as a true gamer. You know accept the ones that aren't

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
A true gamer would be considered an individual who is both skilled in gaming, but also handles all situations occuring in the game and with his/her peers intelligbly and maturely.

Lots of people I know haet the Wii, but I don't go all 'DAMN YOU AND YOUR XBOX' at them, respect opinions. Respect is the first step to diplomacy, and diplomacy is the keystone to love. DRRRDRRRRDRRRRRRRRRRRR

Marluxia Diablos said:
As I know that there are several members here who are going to be out for blood now that I've said that I don't like Xbox...
What?

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
A true gamer can grasp the controls of a game within minutes. But there really isn't anything like a true gamer. So, don't let it bother you.=D
Yep, that's it. Basically someone who can master their gaming platform. However, a true gamer is not someone who will win every game, rather someone who can enjoy playing games. People who dont throw down controllers, and are not sore losers, or quick quiters.

But a true gamer is in it for the game, not for the cutscenes or the music. If you dont like a certain game, then that's okay becasue you can still find fun in playing other games.

MegaFlare

Goddess
Awards
^ If that was true, the amount of true gamers in the world would be slim.

A true gamer would be considered an individual who is both skilled in gaming, but also handles all situations occuring in the game and with his/her peers intelligbly and maturely.

I concur with this. I don't wait for 8 hours in line when a new console comes out, nor devote myself entirely to gaming and nothing else. IMO the description RTP gave fits me perfectly, I consider myself a true gamer for those reasons. ;p

LinkSlySora

I think a true gamer is someone who likes video games and plays them a bit. Not someone who all they think about is gameing, and waits hours-days for new consoles and games. I say I am a true gamer because i play video games oftean, and enjoy them, but I do do other things lol :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back