• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'm (finally) beginning to accept Xehanort somewhat

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

5glitchers5

Awards
Don't get me wrong, ALL of his forms are cool, but Master Xehanort is my 2nd favorite villain in the Kingdom Hearts Series, my # 1 favorite is his Heartless incarnation Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Ansem before the Xehanort Retcon). I like how he walks with his hands behind his back and I think some of his abilities are cool and Leonard Nimoy did a PERFECT Master Xehanort in KH BBS and KH 3D just like Billy Zane did a wonderful Ansem in KH1 (My Opinions). I also like Xehanort's defeat quote "Only now, have I truly won ...." one of his quotes when you loose "You played your role admirably" as to me that was the BEST defeat quote I have ever heard. Besides that I like him more than Xemnas as Xemnas to me is still cool and had cool quotes like "Nothingness, is eternal!" or "The fool Ansem said the heart's true nature is beyond his understanding, but it's not beyond mine!". Anyways am I one of the ONLY Ansem, Seeker of Darkness (Before Xehanort Retcon) fans out there?

[video=youtube;nR3aBUOMzH4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nR3aBUOMzH4[/video]

bgizzles45

Re: I'm (finally) beginning to accept Xehanort somewhat.

Yeah, I wish Billy Zane reprise his role. Oh well.

5glitchers5

Awards
Re: I'm (finally) beginning to accept Xehanort somewhat.

master xehanort is the boss:) but why in battle system his not challenging but his stronger than ansem and xemnas i wonder why in battle he was easy and eraqus was harder than him?

Because he was only tempting Terra to use the darkness hence his defeat quote "Only now, have I truly won ...." as he succeeded in opening Terra's heart to darkness so he can take over his body. I'm sure he only wanted Terra to use the darkness as he needed a new body, and not kill him.

Yeah, I wish Billy Zane reprise his role. Oh well.

Me too as I really wish out of all games he reprised it for KH Re: Com as he has KH 1 battle quotes there and the Ansem boss fight would feel complete with it.

[video=youtube;4Z35eU3cqek]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z35eU3cqek[/video]

[video=youtube;yBBOyxhSfok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBOyxhSfok[/video]

Here's old videos I uploaded as one of them is a comparison, the other gives us an idea of what the battle would've been like in KH Re: CoM if he stayed. Yes the videos are kinda old, so nothing is perfect.

Last edited:

Heart-Evoker

I'd probably say that his heartless form is my favorite out of all of them as well. And I wish Billy would have stuck around. Richard isn't horrible, but he doesn't add as much "character" in the voice and more of a "I'm the bad guy" type of deal. :/

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I don't think you'll find anyone who dislikes Ansem, and certainly everyone will tell you that Billy Zane was amazing.

However, even before the Xehanort twist, I never assumed that Ansem as he was would end up being the villain of the series...saga whatever. From the beginning they made it very clear that the Ansem we fought was the Heartless, and not the original or complete incarnation of the character. Though at the time I never would have imagined the reality of the situation, I did know that at some point the true villain would be Ansem's original and complete self.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Always seems many tend to prefer Ansem more than any other incarnation. (being only a close second or even tie to Xemnas and/or YX)

5glitchers5

Awards
Always seems many tend to prefer Ansem more than any other incarnation. (being only a close second or even tie to Xemnas and/or YX)

Well Ansem is the original. Plus I wish Ansem was his own villain like I said for the last 100 times lol. I wish they didn't go overboard with it. No revival process and new villains every game or two and KH would've been better off and at least not as convoluted.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I would say Ansem SoD is my second favorite version of Xehanort with Master Xehanort being my favorite (Leonard Nimoy is just awesome xD).

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I personally prefer Xemnas. I liked the way he was a villain compared with Ansem's way. The good thing about Ansem was that he was mysterious. Gathering "his" reports throughout the original KINGDOM HEARTS help build-up to this other character we have to find that knows a lot about the Heartless, darkness and the hearts besides from King Mickey. Then we find out that, the person that has been possessing Riku all along was him, Ansem.
Xemnas, on the other hand, is a cold powerhouse. The way he introduced himself by mocking Sora, appearing on a roof in Hollow Bastion and then summoning his subordinates left a mark of impression on me.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I only started liking Xehanort at the end of 3D. I was kind of unimpressed by BbS as a whole. I still prefer the younger version of him at the moment, but we'll see after KH3.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I personally prefer Xemnas. I liked the way he was a villain compared with Ansem's way. The good thing about Ansem was that he was mysterious. Gathering "his" reports throughout the original KINGDOM HEARTS help build-up to this other character we have to find that knows a lot about the Heartless, darkness and the hearts besides from King Mickey. Then we find out that, the person that has been possessing Riku all along was him, Ansem.
Xemnas, on the other hand, is a cold powerhouse. The way he introduced himself by mocking Sora, appearing on a roof in Hollow Bastion and then summoning his subordinates left a mark of impression on me.

^ Exactly my point here. Ansem is always second to, tied with or above Xemnas but in the end he's always someones top, second or third fave villain.
The most popular one to appear since them two is easily Young Xehanort...for some reason. I bet it's cause he's the bishie Xehanort

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
^ Exactly my point here. Ansem is always second to, tied with or above Xemnas but in the end he's always someones top, second or third fave villain.
The most popular one to appear since them two is easily Young Xehanort...for some reason. I bet it's cause he's the bishie Xehanort

I don't like Young Xehanort that much, to be completely honest. I just see him as the younger version of Master Xehanort. Sure, he's probably plotting something against MX, but meh, still indifferent about him. =/
I guess in this point of the series the least another Xehanort can do is inspire something besides "Oh look, another Xehanort..."

digimikej

Awards
I don't like Young Xehanort that much, to be completely honest. I just see him as the younger version of Master Xehanort. Sure, he's probably plotting something against MX, but meh, still indifferent about him. =/
I guess in this point of the series the least another Xehanort can do is inspire something besides "Oh look, another Xehanort..."
I WOULD like YX, if he wasn't a freaking robot. my favorite xehanorts, personally, are Xemnas and MX. Ansem was too...idk, I just got bored of him after the millionth comeback, I guess. and young xehanort really, REALLY needs to emote. like I said, robot. even older him shows emotions. its one thing to be calm and calculating, its another to talk like your real life siri.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I thought I was the only one that wasn't to fond of YX. Kindred spirits at last. ;A;
Thought my annoyance tends to stem from his ties to time travel and that there are 12 others now rather than his somewhat robotic demeanor. xD

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
and young xehanort really, REALLY needs to emote. like I said, robot. even older him shows emotions. its one thing to be calm and calculating, its another to talk like your real life siri.

That's actually the reason I like YX more. Of course, a lot is owed to the vocal performance, but I like how the character is calm and stoic rather than Disney villain lite like Old Xehanort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back