• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Identity of Robed Figures

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Young Master Xehanort: Aren't there hearts confined within you too?

I don't know if the Japanese--English translation will change this sentence much, but YMX talking about hearts "confined" within himself and Sora.........I just can't see it meaning mere "connections" with other hearts, rather than hearts they possess inside themselves. The sentence structure might change later (believe me, I played KHII in Japanese & English, so I know some things change), but with an important scene like this, I see the meaning staying the same. Confined sounds pretty conclusive, not to mention Vanitus.
When you boil it down, it really is a matter of interpretation as to what he meant. I find it unlikely that Sora has hearts other than Ven's inside of him (physically, at least).

If they were really talking about "connections", would YMX be able to just magically make Vanitus appear out of nowhere like that without using a dark portal, based on just a "connection?" Shimmering darkly too, as he has no real body anymore. If I'm wrong correct me, but I don't remember any KH character having that power.
This is the RoS, there's plenty of room for new rules. Also, Nomura did say that people of darkness appear wherever YMX is.

Granted, at the time it would've been an ambiguous question, but now we've played BBS. Looking at everything that's happened, Xehanort (or Terranort as he was at the time) and Sora are the only ones to have released their own hearts on purpose, and they are the only ones to retain control over their individuality afterwards. Via process of elimination, the question has literally been answered.
Not quite. Sora and XH are literally the worst examples to use because they were either/both special hearts under special circumstances. Either of those two could have been reasons as to why they retained sentience.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
When you boil it down, it really is a matter of interpretation as to what he meant. I find it unlikely that Sora has hearts other than Ven's inside of him (physically, at least).
Roxas
Xion

Not quite. Sora and XH are literally the worst examples to use because they were either/both special hearts under special circumstances. Either of those two could have been reasons as to why they retained sentience.

To make for a bitchin' final battle in KH1?

Lil-Kupo

Does anyone think eraqus is one of those cloaked figures

In the secret ending of BbS didnt Master Xehanort say he could sense Eraqus' heart within Terras?

Im thinking Eraqus' role in the story isnt quite over yet, I mean he knew Xehanort personally, so hes probably gonna provide some info in the 3rd one on how to finally take him down or just give more insight on his background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back