• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'd really like to know what "Xehanort's Guardian" really is.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xammag

The Guardian first appears during Terra-Xehanort's fight against Aqua, and when Terra appears during the fight so you can do a Trinity Limit, it is the only thing that is there which means it is a representation of Xehanort.

Also after the battle against Seeker of Darkness in KH3D when SoD is "sleep", the Guardian is still there reaching out to Riku.

The Guardian's creation is connected to when Xehanort forces his heart into Terra's body, and the way it appears seems to imply it is a manifestation of the darkness in Xehanort's Heart. It has Heartless features and is the most literal form of "No Heart", the anagram of Xehanort, and I think the most interesting thing about it is all of the X marks made by the bandages on its mouth (symbolism of being silenced, or of blocking the passageway of the soul which is the lifeforce of the body/being. As we know Xehanort has been trying to cheat death so he could continue his plans, and the soul is the key to death in Kingdom Hearts. The mouth has been considered a place where the soul exits the body through the exhaling of breath.)

If it is only a manifestation of Xehanort's darkness or has more connections to Terra, that remains unknown but it is at least verifiable that it is tied to Xehanort's Heart via Xehanort's Heartless/Seeker of Darkness being the only Xehanort entity to have control of the Guardian post the experiments in RG.

Extremely doubt it is related to Eraqus, or existed before the point in BBS when Terra-Xehanort first calls it from within himself.

Well, if Eraqus was inside Terra, then he's inside Terra-Xehanort.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eraqus did not become a part of Terra's heart. Terra is shielding him within his heart, away from Xehanort. It is the same as how Kairi's heart was in Sora.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
How is that any different? There hearts are still joined together

Not exactly. Being shielded the way Eraqus and Kairi were is not exactly combining hearts, or as you put it joined together. If that were the case the Heart Unlocker would have just set free a single heart when Sora stabbed himself if they were "joined" but the left the body separately. If that makes sense.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
How is that any different? There hearts are still joined together

Hearts joining together and one heart being inside of another are two different things. Terra's heart is functioning more like a container so their hearts wouldn't have a deep effect on each other per say. In the case of two hearts joining together, the results would be akin to when Ven and Vanitas joined together.

Edit: Ninjas. Ninjas everywhere. D:

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
The Guardian also appears with Riku when he confronts Roxas in TWtNW. Obviously it's because Riku is using Ansem SoD's darkness at the time, but it's just worth noting that Riku was the one to command it to squeeze Roxas unconscious. This could be why the Guardian reaches for Riku in DDD.

So Terranort, Ansem SoD, and Riku have been associated with it.

I was under the impression that the Guardian was a creation of Master Xehanort's darkness, since Terra and Aqua band together to fight it briefly in the final fight of BbS. The only thing I'm confused on is why Terranort stabbing himself causes the Guardian to turn to mush. The BbS trinity archives state that Xehanort was the one in control at the time, and he stabbed himself to seal away Terra. So why that made the Guardian go kersploosh is not clear to me.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
I was under the impression that the Guardian was a creation of Master Xehanort's darkness, since Terra and Aqua band together to fight it briefly in the final fight of BbS. The only thing I'm confused on is why Terranort stabbing himself causes the Guardian to turn to mush. The BbS trinity archives state that Xehanort was the one in control at the time, and he stabbed himself to seal away Terra. So why that made the Guardian go kersploosh is not clear to me.

When Terranort stabs himself he loses his memory, assuming his amnesia was real, and that is probably the cause of why the Guardian disappeared.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I don't think he just sealed Terra away, but both their hearts. Which would explain why the guardian went "kersploosh".

Odium Crop

Banned
When Terranort stabbed himself with his Keyblade he was aiming to seal Terra's heart away so he could have total control but he sealed his heart too thus causing his amnesia.

What do you mean by 'seal'? I thought that he locked his heart inside of Terra's heart, and then, for some reason, started to fall to darkness.

State

Awards
They're trying to say that Xehanort wanted FULL control of Terra's body to finish Aqua, so he decided to lock Terra's heart, but in doing so, he accidentally locked his, too.

Pratiko

Awards
I've always thought of the Guardian as Terra's Darkness. You know, when Aqua is fighting Terranort in the 2nd Battle, there's some points where she's in this bright scene, like inside Terra's Heart and there's the Guardian and him, like this:

zvqtug.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back