• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I'd really like to know what "Xehanort's Guardian" really is.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xammag

I think it's very cool that it just kind of appeared back in KH and we acknowledge it's symbiotic affect with versions of Xehanort even though we really have no idea what it is. It's kind of a meta way of introducing a character without ever directly referring to it. The only time we interact with the Guardian is via combat.

However, we can speculate, as we are good at that. Xehanort's Guardian (as that's what the wiki calls it and I like the wiki so we're gonna call it that) has appeared in defense of Ansem SOD (Xehanort's Heartless) and Terranort. We see that Terranort was the first appearance of it in chronology, although we don't exactly have enough evidence to say that Master Xehanort has never used it.

Some speculate that the Guardian is MX's Keyblade, and this may have something to do with it, but we see that it only appears with Ansem and Terranort. It does not appear with Xemnas or Young Xehanort, so this could mean that it is Xehanort's hearts darkness made form. What makes Xehanort so special that he essentially makes a psuedo-heartless out of his heart? Why can Ansem, a heartless, effectively create it's own bodyguard heartless. Would it be fair to refer to Ansem SOD as Ansem and the Guardian instead?

I can't help but think the Guardian will be explained as Master Xehanort's companion that he created to journey with him to other worlds. I think we'll be shown that darkness is not all bad and that the Guardian always protected MX from danger and was friendly, but somewhere along the line MX began to lose his way and the Guardian's angry appearance began to reflect that.

Plus, what's up with the bandages?

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Y`know, I had originally thought that the guardian was just something that terranort created with his dark powers, but I remember a fan theory that the guardian was somehow tied to eraqus.

Xammag

Y`know, I had originally thought that the guardian was just something that terranort created with his dark powers, but I remember a fan theory that the guardian was somehow tied to eraqus.

I was just thinking of anagrams for Xehanort's Guardian and the word "Radiant" is in there, and Eraqus was big on the light. Perhaps Eraqus' heart took refuge within Terra and was being healed, similar to how Ventus took refuge in Sora's heart, but Terra's growing darkness and ultimate possession by MX corrupted Eraqus' heart. This would explain both the protective nature of the Guardian like Eraqus to Terra, and the bandages could be a sign of the heart healing or having been healed.

Zanarkand16

I thought that it could have been Eraqus protecting Terra's heart. Like when Xehanort forced his Heart into Terra maybe Eraqus saved Terra from losing himself completely to Xehanort but in that process lost himself to the darkness in Xehanorts heart and got trapped and turned into a slave of some sort.
because I know Terra is still in there somewhere, But that might not be the case if it wasn't for Eraqus.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I was just thinking of anagrams for Xehanort's Guardian and the word "Radiant" is in there, and Eraqus was big on the light. Perhaps Eraqus' heart took refuge within Terra and was being healed, similar to how Ventus took refuge in Sora's heart, but Terra's growing darkness and ultimate possession by MX corrupted Eraqus' heart. This would explain both the protective nature of the Guardian like Eraqus to Terra, and the bandages could be a sign of the heart healing or having been healed.

Ah, but eraqus did take refuge in terra. Master xehanort satated that in the secret ending of bbs. I actaully do like this theory, especially the part about the bandages.

Xammag

I thought that it could have been Eraqus protecting Terra's heart. Like when Xehanort forced his Heart into Terra maybe Eraqus saved Terra from losing himself completely to Xehanort but in that process lost himself to the darkness in Xehanorts heart and got trapped and turned into a slave of some sort.
because I know Terra is still in there somewhere, But that might not be the case if it wasn't for Eraqus.

I like that idea, too. That Eraqus sacrificed himself for Terra to be redeemed.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The Guardian first appears during Terra-Xehanort's fight against Aqua, and when Terra appears during the fight so you can do a Trinity Limit, it is the only thing that is there which means it is a representation of Xehanort.

Also after the battle against Seeker of Darkness in KH3D when SoD is "sleep", the Guardian is still there reaching out to Riku.

The Guardian's creation is connected to when Xehanort forces his heart into Terra's body, and the way it appears seems to imply it is a manifestation of the darkness in Xehanort's Heart. It has Heartless features and is the most literal form of "No Heart", the anagram of Xehanort, and I think the most interesting thing about it is all of the X marks made by the bandages on its mouth (symbolism of being silenced, or of blocking the passageway of the soul which is the lifeforce of the body/being. As we know Xehanort has been trying to cheat death so he could continue his plans, and the soul is the key to death in Kingdom Hearts. The mouth has been considered a place where the soul exits the body through the exhaling of breath.)

If it is only a manifestation of Xehanort's darkness or has more connections to Terra, that remains unknown but it is at least verifiable that it is tied to Xehanort's Heart via Xehanort's Heartless/Seeker of Darkness being the only Xehanort entity to have control of the Guardian post the experiments in RG.

Extremely doubt it is related to Eraqus, or existed before the point in BBS when Terra-Xehanort first calls it from within himself.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I think I could be a mix of the ideas. With the protective nature and the bandages. He could have been healing at the time but ended up sacrificing himself while he was in the process.

that actually makes a lot of sense. in the end, xehanort's darkness corrupted eraqus' heart, turning him into the guardian. that would be a great twist in kh3

SquarePhoenix

Awards
North of normal. East of eerie. South of strange.
Well considering the yellow eyes and the hollow chest would suggest that Guardian is a pureblood Heartless, but that alone doesn't feel like enough of an answer. It's more of a question as to "who" is Guardian and I really do like the idea of it being Eraqus protecting Terra.
And I'm curious as to why in 3D it/he seemed to reach out to Riku before fading away as if it/he was asking for help.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well considering the yellow eyes and the hollow chest would suggest that Guardian is a pureblood Heartless, but that alone doesn't feel like enough of an answer. It's more of a question as to "who" is Guardian and I really do like the idea of it being Eraqus protecting Terra.
And I'm curious as to why in 3D it/he seemed to reach out to Riku before fading away as if it/he was asking for help.

thats right! it looked like the guardian was reaching out towards riku. what could that mean?

Zanarkand16

The Guardian's creation is connected to when Xehanort forces his heart into Terra's body, and the way it appears seems to imply it is a manifestation of the darkness in Xehanort's Heart. It has Heartless features and is the most literal form of "No Heart", the anagram of Xehanort, and I think the most interesting thing about it is all of the X marks made by the bandages on its mouth (symbolism of being silenced, or of blocking the passageway of the soul which is the lifeforce of the body/being. As we know Xehanort has been trying to cheat death so he could continue his plans, and the soul is the key to death in Kingdom Hearts. The mouth has been considered a place where the soul exits the body through the exhaling of breath.)

That could also mean that the guardian is also like a prison. It could be A manifestation of Xehanorts Darkness acting as a prison for Terra and Eraqus. The bandages over the mouth could be a way to seal the hearts inside so they don't escape.

Eraqus could have somehow lost himself completely so that Terra didn't, but Terra is still in the "prison" that could explain the Guardian reaching out to Riku. That could have been Terra's lingering consciousness.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Maybe Riku being able to dive into Sora's heart gives him the ability to dive into other people's heart and maybe reach out to Terra?
I don't know, I'm making stuff up now.
Riku can now dive into anyone's heart.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
thats right! it looked like the guardian was reaching out towards riku. what could that mean?

Watching that scene again, Ansem SoD is unconscious and for that brief moment Guardian acted on his own.
And in my previous response where I said, “I was making stuff up”, I meant that if Guardian is Eraqus, he could be asking for Riku’s help.

That could also mean that the guardian is also like a prison. It could be A manifestation of Xehanorts Darkness acting as a prison for Terra and Eraqus. The bandages over the mouth could be a way to seal the hearts inside so they don't escape.

Eraqus could have somehow lost himself completely so that Terra didn't, but Terra is still in the "prison" that could explain the Guardian reaching out to Riku. That could have been Terra's lingering consciousness.

Guardian himself could be the prisoner, too, the bandages could also represent restraint of free will even though that would better depicted around the wrists and not the face and torso areas.
Also Guardian doesn’t have legs, possibly implying that he’s not free to move on his own.

Riku can now dive into anyone's heart.

Sorry, I haven't played 3D yet, it makes it harder to remember that information when I haven’t played.
So thank for reconfirming that for me.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Sorry, I haven't played 3D yet, it makes it harder to remember that information when I haven’t played.
So thank for reconfirming that for me.
No need for apologies! It would be really touching if Riku were to help save Terra, since Terra is the one who set Riku on his path.

SquarePhoenix

Awards
*Gasp* I apologise in advance, I know I've made a lot of comments already, but this information I just remembered may be vital!
In my spare time I look for meaningful quotes related to the plot and one of Ansem SoD battle quotes made me remember something!

In KH1 when he says, "My strength returns...What do you hope to accomplish? Do not deny your fear. The final darkness is nigh."
Remember what Guardian does? He goes into the ground and reaches out to grab you like Terra's Dark Impulse!

Shogo-Kun

Awards
I honestly think that the guardian may have developed his own persona. Call me crazy, but with the idea of hearts being nurtured, maybe the Guardian might have developed his own heart (hence why he was reaching out for Riku, he looking for another connection). Although this means he has a heart of pure darkness.
Yeah, I'm bullshitting now. Though I like the idea of creatures deemed as monsters being more sympathetic. WE NEED MORE OF THIS, DAMMIT!!

Shinra

Banned
Awards
these ideas could be possible but maybe guardian could've, as Ansem's last desire in 3D, tried to reach out for the darkness in Riku that Ansem planted and failed to repossess Riku since Ansem's last bit of darkness was removed in KH2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back