• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I was bored.....

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodgift

How about it?
I cannot say that is the BEST art ever! But what I can say is that, you have a MUCH more artistic skill than me!! that is actually quite good!! Wiked stuff, keep drawing! Practice makes perfect!!

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
My first suggestion would be to study the human anatomy more. Don't just draw from what you think you know but draw from life. Use someone else and make them model or use a mirror and draw yourself or take a picture. (Pictures aren't from life, but if you're using yourself as a model, whatever). If actually look at the human body you might be able to more accurately draw them. You also might want to start with more simple poses.

My second suggestion is to be more smooth in your coloring. If you're going to color, color the entire thing. Also be more careful in coloring, don't worry so much about long it's going to take you.

Drawing something doesn't need to take ten minutes or less. It needs to take more. You should take your time drawing something, it's not about how fast you can show it to people, it's about the quality of the drawing. The more time you spend learning how to draw and then drawing, the more valuable practice you're going to get and your art will be better.

dr.korytco

Drawing something doesn't need to take ten minutes or less. It needs to take more. You should take your time drawing something, it's not about how fast you can show it to people, it's about the quality of the drawing. The more time you spend learning how to draw and then drawing, the more valuable practice you're going to get and your art will be better.

This is true but drawers can draw more for their time the more experience they have , you should agree.:thumbsup:

paoupu girl

All this violence makes a statement
I cannot say that is the BEST art ever! But what I can say is that, you have a MUCH more artistic skill than me!! that is actually quite good!! Wiked stuff, keep drawing! Practice makes perfect!!
yep. that's what I keep telling myself, and most the reason why I'm still drawing =/

My first suggestion would be to study the human anatomy more. Don't just draw from what you think you know but draw from life. Use someone else and make them model or use a mirror and draw yourself or take a picture. (Pictures aren't from life, but if you're using yourself as a model, whatever). If actually look at the human body you might be able to more accurately draw them. You also might want to start with more simple poses.

My second suggestion is to be more smooth in your coloring. If you're going to color, color the entire thing. Also be more careful in coloring, don't worry so much about long it's going to take you.

yes, thanks. I usually do more simple poses, it's just that I decided not too on this one. I dunno why, though >.>
I'll try to keep all of that advice in mind ^^
that's great advice, also

This is mostly just a drawing that I did out of boredom, and it was pretty dark when I re-did it in pen, so sorry if that looks so horrible.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Hey its not so bad PG. I mean there are a lot of improvements that can be made, but hey we're not all pro's are we lol. Be pleased with your work yeah, as long as you enjoy what your drawing then it doesnt matter how good it is. Keep drawing!

paoupu girl

Hey its not so bad PG. I mean there are a lot of improvements that can be made, but hey we're not all pro's are we lol. Be pleased with your work yeah, as long as you enjoy what your drawing then it doesnt matter how good it is. Keep drawing!

of course :)
I know there are a lot of improvements and such, but it was just a quick drawing out of boredom.

Nelo Angelo

Enigma of Extreme
Awards
Well thats alright then. Take your time and enjoy the next peice you draw ;-) We shall be waiting to see it!

paoupu girl

Well thats alright then. Take your time and enjoy the next peice you draw ;-) We shall be waiting to see it!

okay then ^^
Well, the next drawing that I did is for one of my fave bands, so all of the random pictures and stuff in it probably wouldn't make sense if you don't know their songs or the references that I used >.>

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
This is true but drawers can draw more for their time the more experience they have , you should agree.:thumbsup:

Huh?

paoupu girl said:
yes, thanks. I usually do more simple poses, it's just that I decided not too on this one. I dunno why, though >.>
I'll try to keep all of that advice in mind ^^
that's great advice, also

This is mostly just a drawing that I did out of boredom, and it was pretty dark when I re-did it in pen, so sorry if that looks so horrible.

Alright, now draw from life. Have your model do simple poses. Draw someone just plain standing. Now have them maybe shift their weight. I know, new artists want to start off drawing from games and anime, drawing the figure from that, but it doesn't work because games and anime are all screwy anyway. Trust me on this one, I learned the hardway. If you're serious, draw the figure from life. And stop making excuses. :/ If you're going to draw, get some light.

ViVi94

Trying to escape the land of idiots and retards
So start with the realistic look? Hmm. I always thought "Start out with easy things like anime then get more realistic over time" Since it would make me gradually better, but I'll try that. Anyway, remember, tutorials on Deviant Art are your friends XD. Your BEST friends who you would give up a kidney for XD. But, if your serious about it, that's the place to go, look at others' work, model yourself, and of course, spend time with your bestest friends, the DA tutorials xD. You'll get better, we all have to start out somewhere ^.^

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
So start with the realistic look? Hmm. I always thought "Start out with easy things like anime then get more realistic over time" Since it would make me gradually better, but I'll try that. Anyway, remember, tutorials on Deviant Art are your friends XD. Your BEST friends who you would give up a kidney for XD. But, if your serious about it, that's the place to go, look at others' work, model yourself, and of course, spend time with your bestest friends, the DA tutorials xD. You'll get better, we all have to start out somewhere ^.^

That's what everyone thinks. But you can't really start with anime and expect to learn. You'll have ingrained in your head what you first started drawing. Since anime is the simple and cartooned version of realism, you'll have a cartoon-y eyesight when you'll draw and you'll draw what you think you know, not what you see.

Besides, since realism is the root of all drawing (cartoons are based off realism), it'd make sense to start there. You build the foundation of a building first so it won't fall over. Realism is the foundation of drawing.

dr.korytco

I dont want to post what I post and I cant delete the post that I have

Last edited:

paoupu girl

Alright, now draw from life. Have your model do simple poses. Draw someone just plain standing. Now have them maybe shift their weight. I know, new artists want to start off drawing from games and anime, drawing the figure from that, but it doesn't work because games and anime are all screwy anyway. Trust me on this one, I learned the hardway. If you're serious, draw the figure from life. And stop making excuses. :/ If you're going to draw, get some light.

Yeah >.>
I did start out with a few simple poses, but they were really suckish drawings (No, really, they were horrible) And I'm a lot better than I was a few months ago, but I know, I still need a lot of practice.
I have to do real drawings from life in art class quite a bit, actually, but I don't get my art class very much =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back