• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► i really need your help i'm buying a laptop possibly

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
i gotta be honest guys i'm really dumb when it comes to shopping for stuff like this, but i am in the process of buying a laptop for school. it doesn't have to be anything special [although money isn't an issue here, i don't wanna spend more than four figures], but i need something that would be convenient for school [word, powerpoint, essential stuff like that] and perhaps fun stuff like a webcam so i can talk with babes haha and get they numba. i'm not much of a gamer so a top of the line graphics card isn't really necessary, but it would be nice if i could watch a basic youtube vid sometimes without it lagging. i just want something useful for me to take notes and write papers in school while at the same time having some good quality entertainment because my current computer is basically comatose now and since i have a comfortable amount of bank as of late haha *shoots hoops* i think it's time to move on from grandpa comp. i also would like it to be pretty compact so it can comfortably fit in my lap and is pretty sleek and sexy lookin' [much like me'self ;D].

so i need your help gang. i'm not a complete moron so i don't need too much help, but i just need a push in the right direction so i know what to look for, because honestly i'm pretty new when it comes to shopping in this department. help me out!!

and please don't recommend me a mac i don't wanna blow two grand on mediocrity

p.s. come on sham make me a better username i know you can do it

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
yeh my friend has a vaio i use it a lot it is pretty nice i was thinking of those i also saw my friend get an alienware that looks really sweet but i don't game and i don't wanna be a copycat but yeh thanks for the tips though broheem

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
yeh my friend has a vaio i use it a lot it is pretty nice i was thinking of those i also saw my friend get an alienware that looks really sweet but i don't game and i don't wanna be a copycat but yeh thanks for the tips though broheem

In my opinion Alienware is just overpriced crap from Dell; I'd rather not blow money on Alienware.. :S

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
I had a Toshiba, it was above satisfactory
You should get a Toshiba

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
It's nice.
for a vaio

No really though, seems like a pretty good laptop.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I recently purchased a HP Pavilion dm4-1160us Notebook. $500 bucks. Idk if it still runs that price though.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I agree with the HP Pavilion range recommendation. My last laptop was a HP Pavillion, and it lasted 4.5 years and I never felt like the technology was outdated, and there were very minimal problems. My new one is an Acer Aspire, and it's really fantastic, because it's only 14" so is very portable, but is also very powerful for a small computer, and was very reasonably priced. So again, I would recommend that you take a look at the Acer Aspire range.
Personally, I think the most important thing to look for is the type and speed of the processor; RAM would be a secondary consideration.

I think Macs and Vaios are great aesthetically, but are overpriced as hell. (Further to that, integrated webcams in Vaios are 0.3mp, which is pretty poor to be honest. HP and Acer laptops are generally 1.3mp, which is an improvement.)

denizenofevil

I can say that I would sooner chop my right arm off than buy another hp laptop. I've had two. I had to return the first one after a month when it blue screened on me. I bought a new HP model thinking it was just a fluke and I'm still having problems with it. Things will randomly stop functioning at times and then work other times. My computer freezes when I move while watching a blu ray or dvd movie and the customer service is a pain to deal with.

D

Deleted member 36435

HP is pretty shit-tier
especially when it comes to customer service

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
these are all great tips guys i plan on purchasing this weekend when i have free time but i'm sorry the sony vaios are looking pretty good after scanning all these possibilities sue me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back