• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I need help in my religion. God, or no God.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
<NoMorals> said:
The big bang theory

LOL! :D The big bang theory is rediculous. You atheists should come up with something else. I mean, come on! Look around you! Could all of this have just appeared through the "Big Bang"? :confused:

<NoMorals> said:
The Theory of Evolution is fact. Do you know what a scientific theory is. a SCIENTIFIC theory. Not a theory. We have OBSERVED evolution. Seriously, you guys should read a biology book =/

Oh, so now its fact? Have you found the "Missing Link"? Nope. And, really, I have never heard that evolution has been oberserved. Link please?

<NoMorals> said:
Once more, life is what you make of it

If you want to be dictated by a god, so be it.

<NoMorals> said:
Did you read that? I said there was no ABSOLUTE reason. Dosn't mean you can't have a reason to live.

If I believed all that, then life would seem pretty grim. But thats just my opinion.

<NoMorals> said:
The univerce couldn't have allways been, yet, good could have?

Yup. It takes faith that God has always been. Like I've said before.

Phoenix said:
Speaking honestly? People turn to God because they're afraid of death and loneliness. We all are. So God is created as an escape. It doesn't make it wrong per se, simply foolish.

So your calling Christains fools? :thumbdown:

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
So after you die, thats it? THAT makes no sense to me.

How exactly doesn't it make sense to you?

What is the point to live then?

Is there a law of physics that says life must have a point?

What a sad, sorry life. :/

Pity you can't contradict him. If you could, we might take you seriously.

Come on. So the universe just appeared? Not just the world, but the universe also?

Big Bang. Read on it.

As for matter itself, one of the basic laws of science is that matter and energy can't be created or destroyed, only trransformed. So if matter can't be created, by definition, it's eternal.

Alright, God had no beginning. He never "Appeared".

Yet matter can't share this characteristic? Why?

To me, it seems it would take more faith to believe in darwinism then in God.

Oh, oh, of course! It takes so much faith to believe that mutations and natural selection exist! I mean, it's not like those have been recorded for thr past centuries!

No, we have DNA charts, geological layers, fossils of increasing complexity in these, and plain common sense. All you have is faith.

LOL! :D The big bang theory is rediculous. You atheists should come up with something else. I mean, come on! Look around you! Could all of this have just appeared through the "Big Bang"?

Use your brain. The galaxies are moving away from each other. If you went backwards in time, you would see them getting closer all the way to a singulariy. This is all the theory states.

Oh, so now its fact? Have you found the "Missing Link"? Nope. And, really, I have never heard that evolution has been oberserved. Link please?

* Sahelanthropus
o Sahelanthropus tchadensis
* Orrorin
o Orrorin tugenensis
* Ardipithecus
o Ardipithecus kadabba
o Ardipithecus ramidus
* Australopithecus
o Australopithecus anamensis
o Australopithecus afarensis
o Australopithecus bahrelghazali
o Australopithecus africanus
o Australopithecus garhi
* Paranthropus
o Paranthropus aethiopicus
o Paranthropus boisei
o Paranthropus robustus
* Kenyanthropus
o Kenyanthropus platyops
* Homo
o Homo habilis
o Homo rudolfensis
o Homo ergaster
o Homo georgicus
o Homo erectus
o Homo cepranensis
o Homo antecessor
o Homo heidelbergensis
o Homo rhodesiensis
o Homo neanderthalensis
o Homo sapiens idaltu
o Homo sapiens (Cro-magnon)
o Homo floresiensis

Missing link? Which one?

Tsuki-chan

&#12388;&#12365;&#12371;
Awards

That doesn’t make sense. Your soul/spirit must goe someone after you die. Your soul/spirit doesn’t just disappears because your not alive.

Quote:
What is the point to live then?
Is there a law of physics that says life must have a point?

“There is no point in living except to live life” is usually what I say. Though in life you usually try to prove something or like some people just lay low and not do anything. Life is just there to live/learn/enjoy…etc.

Quote:
Come on. So the universe just appeared? Not just the world, but the universe also?

Big Bang. Read on it.

As for matter itself, one of the basic laws of science is that matter and energy can't be created or destroyed, only trransformed. So if matter can't be created, by definition, it's eternal.

So you’re saying that the matter in the universe just suddenly made an explosion and transformed into a planet? Also the explosion part with the big bang part doesn’t make sense. An explosion is made when a chemical reaction is made by two or more things that is joined together. Well, what joined together? The “Big Bang” is saying that there was an explosion. An explosion of what?

Quote:
Alright, God had no beginning. He never "Appeared".

Yet matter can't share this characteristic? Why?

People are made up of matter. After a person dies there matter never goes away it just dissolves into the air/ground…etc and never goes away no matter how many air cleaning supplies we put in the air. God was claimed to be once be living so his matter could still be in the air.

Quote:
LOL! :D The big bang theory is rediculous. You atheists should come up with something else. I mean, come on! Look around you! Could all of this have just appeared through the "Big Bang"?

Use your brain. The galaxies are moving away from each other. If you went backwards in time, you would see them getting closer all the way to a singulariy. This is all the theory states.

I give you credit. This question made me really think. Though are you saying that if the galaxies that carry all the matter like planets/commets…etc. Just decided to move forward to eachother than Earth and the other planets would die? With all the matter moving towards eachother our planet would get destroyed by the others.

Yes my post has Counter Shock, Phoenix and my quotes.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

Say how it doesn't make sense first.

That doesn’t make sense. Your soul/spirit must goe someone after you die. Your soul/spirit doesn’t just disappears because your not alive.

Soul/spirit? Hah. You've no proof for this either. It's well known that everything we are resides in our brain.

So you’re saying that the matter in the universe just suddenly made an explosion and transformed into a planet?

No, and you saying this only proves your ignorance on the subject. It wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion. Planets are created from various planetesimals crashing into each other.

Also the explosion part with the big bang part doesn’t make sense. An explosion is made when a chemical reaction is made by two or more things that is joined together. Well, what joined together? The “Big Bang” is saying that there was an explosion. An explosion of what?

Not an explosion, an expansion. I'd recommend actually reading about the Big Bang.

People are made up of matter. After a person dies there matter never goes away it just dissolves into the air/ground…etc and never goes away no matter how many air cleaning supplies we put in the air. God was claimed to be once be living so his matter could still be in the air.

Exactly, because matter is eternal. Which is why casking how was it created is foolish.

I give you credit. This question made me really think. Though are you saying that if the galaxies that carry all the matter like planets/commets…etc. Just decided to move forward to eachother than Earth and the other planets would die? With all the matter moving towards eachother our planet would get destroyed by the others.

Misunterstanding. Right now, all the galaxies are moving away from one another. We confirm this via the red-shift. Now put it on a tape, and rewind it. You'd see the opposite thing. And our planet wouldn't even exists by this point. The lifetime of our planet is infinitelly short compared to our Universe. At any rate, you'll see the galaxies coming closer, and closer, and closer.... until they're all in one point.

That is the Big Bang theory.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
Alright Phoenix, im not that bible educated, and neither are the very few Christains on this forum. But there are people allot smarter about the bible then me, and could EASILY anser those questions. I cant, as im only 16. Your 18. Your most likely in college, and im still in high school. Im probably in a little over my head here, so im wont continue this coversation. But I'll leave you with this verse,

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Yes Phoenix, i put that up there because your a fool! XD I'd take you more seriously if you didn't call Christains fools.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Alright Phoenix, im not that bible educated, and neither are the very few Christains on this forum.

Yet you think you're right and I'm wrong. See anything wrong with that?

But there are people allot smarter about the bible then me, and could EASILY anser those questions. I cant, as im only 16. Your 18. Your most likely in college, and im still in high school. Im probably in a little over my head here, so im wont continue this coversation. But I'll leave you with this verse,

To the contrary. They still use points that were disproved decades ago. You're christian because you think someone contradicted evolution? Hah. What does that say for you?

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Yes Phoenix, i put that up there because your a fool! XD I'd take you more seriously if you didn't call Christains fools.

My turn:

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

Your religion condemns wisdom, anyway.

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
To the contrary. They still use points that were disproved decades ago. You're christian because you think someone contradicted evolution? Hah. What does that say for you?

Im a Christain because evolution seems rediculous to me. The bible makes allot more sense.

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

Your religion condemns wisdom, anyway.

He will destroy the wisdom that denies God. And that makes it not wisdom.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Im a Christain because evolution seems rediculous to me. The bible makes allot more sense.
An elaboration would be much appreciated.
I'll take a series of data complied together, backed up by experimentation and logic rather then a book created by man out of fear of the unknown.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

But *you* don't know about it.

"Round Earth seemed ridiculous to people back then. I mean, the world was flat, and they went down, how could the world be round?"

^ This is what is coming out of your mouth.

He will destroy the wisdom that denies God. And that makes it not wisdom.

It that makes it non-wisdom, why does the Bible refer to it as wisdom? There's no such thing as non-wise wisdom.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Alright Phoenix, im not that bible educated, and neither are the very few Christains on this forum. But there are people allot smarter about the bible then me, and could EASILY anser those questions.

I would love to see these people -_-

I cant, as im only 16. Your 18. Your most likely in college, and im still in high school. Im probably in a little over my head here, so im wont continue this coversation.

Don't use age as an excuss. I'm 15, yet, I debate with 40 year old bible thumpers and came out on top. You decide how educated you are. Don't let age dictate you're knowledge.

But I'll leave you with this verse,

...You are an ignorant fool. I leave you with a quote;

"FAITH IS BLIND"

By the way, have you ever heard of the Galapagos islands? If you havn't, you should do some research on it. That is where evolution has and still is, being OBSERVED. I guess you can say thats proof =/.

Counter Shock said:
Why would you pick theory over fact?

Counter Shock

Bunneh As$as$in
* Sahelanthropus
o Sahelanthropus tchadensis
* Orrorin
o Orrorin tugenensis
* Ardipithecus
o Ardipithecus kadabba
o Ardipithecus ramidus
* Australopithecus
o Australopithecus anamensis
o Australopithecus afarensis
o Australopithecus bahrelghazali
o Australopithecus africanus
o Australopithecus garhi
* Paranthropus
o Paranthropus aethiopicus
o Paranthropus boisei
o Paranthropus robustus
* Kenyanthropus
o Kenyanthropus platyops
* Homo
o Homo habilis
o Homo rudolfensis
o Homo ergaster
o Homo georgicus
o Homo erectus
o Homo cepranensis
o Homo antecessor
o Homo heidelbergensis
o Homo rhodesiensis
o Homo neanderthalensis
o Homo sapiens idaltu
o Homo sapiens (Cro-magnon)
o Homo floresiensis

Source? Those have been proven false. And if there really were missing links, we would be finding them everywhere. If they find a funny looking bone they'll say its a missing link when it isn't

Why would you pick theory over fact?

Fact? You think Evolution is fact? What has been proven?

By the way, have you ever heard of the Galapagos islands? If you havn't, you should do some research on it. That is where evolution has and still is, being OBSERVED. I guess you can say thats proof =/.

Somehow, I highly doubt that they are observing evolution. :/ Please, post something they have "Observed".

This debate could go on forever, so im done here.

Counter Shock said:

Research - evidence of evolution

Evolution has left numerous records which reveal the history of different species. Fossils, together with the comparative anatomy of present-day plants and animals, constitute the morphological, or anatomical, record. By comparing the anatomies of both modern and extinct species, paleontologists can infer the lineages of those species. Important fossil evidence includes the connection of distinct classes of organisms by so-called "transitional" species, such as the Archaeopteryx, which provided early evidence for intermediate species between dinosaurs and birds, and the recently-discovered Tiktaalik, which clarifies the development from fish to animals with four limbs.

The development of molecular genetics, and particularly of DNA sequencing, has allowed biologists to study the record of evolution left in the organisms' genetic structures. The degree of similarity and difference in the DNA sequences of modern species allows geneticists to reconstruct their lineages. It is from DNA sequence comparisons that figures such as the 95% similarity between humans and chimpanzees are obtained.

Thankyou Wikipedia for the research.

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
Source? Those have been proven false. And if there really were missing links, we would be finding them everywhere. If they find a funny looking bone they'll say its a missing link when it isn't

....they were proven false? Since when? Please, give and explination and valid proof that these have been proven false. Other wise, stop spewing bull shit from you're mouth.

Its been proof for years -_-

People like you still deny it though.

Somehow, I highly doubt that they are observing evolution. :/ Please, post something they have "Observed"

Darwins finches -_-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin's_Finches

Tsuki-chan

&#12388;&#12365;&#12371;
Awards
Quote:

Quote:

Soul/spirit? Hah. You've no proof for this either. It's well known that everything we are resides in our brain.

What exactly do you think keeps us alive and lets be ourselves, besides a heart and other organs?

Quote:
So you’re saying that the matter in the universe just suddenly made an explosion and transformed into a planet?

No, and you saying this only proves your ignorance on the subject. It wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion. Planets are created from various planetesimals crashing into each other.

Uh huh, in school they taught us it was an explosion of material/stuff in the space and it exploded. It was in our social studies class when we were learning about different religions like autheist(spelling?)

Quote:
Also the explosion part with the big bang part doesn’t make sense. An explosion is made when a chemical reaction is made by two or more things that is joined together. Well, what joined together? The “Big Bang” is saying that there was an explosion. An explosion of what?

Not an explosion, an expansion. I'd recommend actually reading about the Big Bang.

Once again, I learned it was an explosion in school.

Quote:

Misunterstanding. Right now, all the galaxies are moving away from one another. We confirm this via the red-shift. Now put it on a tape, and rewind it. You'd see the opposite thing. And our planet wouldn't even exists by this point. The lifetime of our planet is infinitelly short compared to our Universe. At any rate, you'll see the galaxies coming closer, and closer, and closer.... until they're all in one point.

That is the Big Bang theory.

Okay I understand that a little more.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Its been proof for years

People like you still deny it though.

Bull. It's a theory. The "theory of evoluion". The only evidence we have, are fossils.

Fossils that look alot like other fossils. But how does that prove that other animals EVOLVED into those other animal species? I don't think you understand the point.

They could have very well been other animal species. Finding a monkey that looks like another weird monkey doesn't mean they evolved into eachother. It could just be 2 different species, one of which died out.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Bull. It's a theory. The "theory of evoluion".
You misunderstand the scientific usage for theory in this case.
"a statement of what are held to be the general laws, principles, or causes of something known or observed."
- Theory

Scientist are agreed that biological evolution is indeed fact. The emergence of the hawthorn fly would be proof. The mechanisms for evolution is the source of the ambiguity between scientist, which is why it is a 'theory'.
The term 'theory', only comes into play when discussing how life evolves. There is no disagreement over evolution itself.
The only evidence we have, are fossils.
Geographical distribution
Comparative Anatomy
Natural Selection
Genetics
Speciation
Comparative physiology and biochemistry
I don't think you understand the point.
I know you don't understand a thing about the workings of fossils.
Finding a monkey that looks like another weird monkey doesn't mean they evolved into eachother.
No, one of them evolved from the other one.
It could just be 2 different species, one of which died out.
Your hypothetical situation shows hints of evolution.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards

1. Proven false where exactly?
2. You think fossils are common? Most dead creatures get devoured by scavengers. Only the rarest of the rare get the circunstances necessary to become fossils.

No, you're the one that brought it up. I'd like to see why exactly doesn't it make sense, as it contradicts no law of nature.

What exactly do you think keeps us alive and lets be ourselves, besides a heart and other organs?

Our brain. Food and oxygen.

Uh huh, in school they taught us it was an explosion of material/stuff in the space and it exploded. It was in our social studies class when we were learning about different religions like autheist(spelling?)

Because it's the easiest way you can explain it to kids. It was an massive expansion.

Btw, atheism isn't a religion.

Bull. It's a theory. The "theory of evoluion".

It's things like this that make you look like you don't know what the hell you're talking about. I've told you like 6-7 times, it's a theory in the sense of we don't know how exactly it happened, just like the theory of global warming. There is no doubt that it happened.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
At least Science is kind enough to propse it as a THEORY. Religion is absolutely true. All the time. Even though there are seven billion trillion of them, and they can't all be right.

=|

I find it extremely hard to believe in a God. It's incredibly easy to believe in Evolution. Because Evolution is... RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. >_< I can't stand kids who say, "No, no. Eph this assignment, Evolution sucks, GO GOD! GO GOD!" in the middle of my science class. Don't even say people aren't like that. It happened last year.

Genin~Kizashi

I've never had any religious background, so instead I just call life as I see it. Here's my view on the whole god thing:

Something has to exist beyond humans that is capable of creating matter, since it's clearly obvious that we cannot create matter. Until I find out what this creator is, I'll just refer to it as God.

God created us for some purpose. Not sure what. Personally, I dont care about that purpose. The only one that really has a reason to care about that purpose is God. Something tells me God would rather I stay out of it's personal affairs, so I'm just gonna leave him alone.

I dont know if God's still watching us or not. It could be. That really depends on it's purpose. That would determine whether or not it needs to watch us.

Anyway, to me, God seems to be nothing more than a creator. If God is still watching us, it's obviously not interfering with us. Everything that happens seems to be the result of existing matter(be it a war, a hurricane, etc.)

God could be watching us, but it's still not involved in anything that's going on down here. We should be grateful for the existence that it's granted us, but I really dont think there's any other reason to be grateful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back