• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

I Am Legend

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
I_Am_Legend_Book_Cover.jpg

Based off a science fiction novel by Richard Matheson, I Am Legend tells the story of a young man who lives in a lifeless New York city, all the inhabitants having been either killed or mutilated by a deadly infection.

- Official Website -
- Wikipedia Page -
-High Quality Trailer on Apple trailers -

Be sure to check out the wicked slick teaser found on the official site. It plays right away, so you don't have to do anything.

Synopsis from Apple Trailers:
Robert Neville (Will Smith) is a brilliant scientist, but even he could not contain the terrible virus that was unstoppable, incurable...and manmade. Somehow immune, Neville is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City...and maybe the world. But he is not alone. He is surrounded by “the Infected” - victims of the plague who have mutated into carnivorous beings who can only exist in the dark and who will devour or infect anyone or anything in their path. For three years, Neville has spent his days scavenging for food and supplies and faithfully sending out radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. All the while, the Infected lurk in the shadows, watching Neville’s every move, waiting for him to make a fatal mistake. Perhaps mankind’s last, best hope, Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But his blood is also what The Infected hunt, and Neville knows he is outnumbered and quickly running out of time.
Personally, I'm eager to see this film. It reminds me somewhat of 28 Days Later, with a seemingly abandoned city and all. It has definitely perked my interest. I do hope it turns out alright.

The release date is scheduled for December 14, 2007.

Discuss the movie here. And if anyone has read the book, I'd like to know what you thought of it. I will probably be reading it in the near future.

Joe

Bronze Member
What, no credit?

Ugh...and to think I sent you the trailer via MSN.

Anyway, yeah looks pretty suspensefully spectacular; in fact looks to be an improvement over 28 Days Later.

I'm really looking forward to understand what makes his blood reject the infection.

I need to read the book. >_>

So uhh yeah, looks like a movie I'd actually spend money to see in theaters.

Wingring

I have really wanted to see this since I saw a trailer with my dad because it looks great

Euphoria

I've been here for 8 years. Wot?
Awards
I'm a sucker for movies like this. With the whole 'plague' and 'abandoned cities' and what-not. XD Heck yea, I'd go see it.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
You know I have to be honest. This movie looks like it will be really good. The only thing is there is one big "but". Honest to God, who the hell really sees Will Smith playing a lead roll in a horror movie? I just don't think it's going to work with him. I think the lead role should have been taken by somebody else. When I see it though I will let you know what I think.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
I see where you're getting, Agent, but remember the movie iRobot (Lol, is that how it's written? *isthinkingtoomuchaboutiPod*), a Sci-Fi/Action film, Will Smith is the lead character. Though these movies are hardly related at all, I'm thinking I Am Legend will be more Sci-Fi focused rather than horror based. That's not to say it won't be a horror film, just that it'll lean more in the Supernatural/Suspense/Thriller direction.

We'll see how it plays out. ;)

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
I see where you're getting, Agent, but remember the movie iRobot (Lol, is that how it's written? *isthinkingtoomuchaboutiPod*), a Sci-Fi/Action film, Will Smith is the lead character. Though these movies are hardly related at all, I'm thinking I Am Legend will be more Sci-Fi focused rather than horror based. That's not to say it won't be a horror film, just that it'll lean more in the Supernatural/Suspense/Thriller direction.

We'll see how it plays out. ;)

i can see why it might be a sci fi movie but at the same time I could've sworn I saw zombies in the trailer. Who knows. I definatley want to see it though. It looks interesting.

Deeman

out of order
Awards
Website
www.khinsider.com
Yes, this movie is based off the novel, I Am Legend. Looks like an excellent read, I'd love to pick it up. Just for your information, this novel was published in the 1950's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back