• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How Xehanort should die.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Like clearly Xehanort is the only one getting a raw deal out of this, so what is really keeping any of them together? Their shared goal for power. Once they get access to power, the Seekers are going to start shoving sharp objects in all sorts of dorsal regions.

I guess the ones that are brought there with time travel get some more time to live and exist in a way? They will be defeated by Sora on their timeline in the past, so why not join their main essence in the future and possible get some payback and revenge from the person/persons who will defeat them on their own time line in the process?

If they are all going to become Xehanort, wouldn't they also gain his thirst for power and complete disobedience towards authority? I

I like this idea, Xehanort is done in by his own greed, curiosity and lust for power that begins to grow in his vessels, when they became more like him.

This is probably a weird idea, but if they become full Xehanort clones, would they have a chance of getting Oldnorts memories too? As the MX`s heart piece swallows the hosts old one, maybe that means that memories in MX`s one will overwrite the old ones, since memories are mostly the base of a person`s personality.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I guess the ones that are brought there with time travel get some more time to live and exist in a way? They will be defeated by Sora on their timeline in the past, so why not join their main essence in the future and possible get some payback and revenge from the person/persons who will defeat them on their own time line in the process?

I like this idea, Xehanort is done in by his own greed, curiosity and lust for power that begins to grow in his vessels, when they became more like him.

This is probably a weird idea, but if they become full Xehanort clones, would they have a chance of getting Oldnorts memories too? As the MX`s heart piece swallows the hosts old one, maybe that means that memories in MX`s one will overwrite the old ones, since memories are mostly the base of a person`s personality.

I think they already have access to GeezeNort's memories, seeing as how it's possible he uses his hosts to play as an omnipresent being. Maybe they themselves don't have access, but by linking their minds, they pretty much end up submitting themselves to Xeha.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I think they already have access to GeezeNort's memories, seeing as how it's possible he uses his hosts to play as an omnipresent being. Maybe they themselves don't have access, but by linking their minds, they pretty much end up submitting themselves to Xeha.

But if they all had access to Nort Prime's memories, why would some of them like Y. Xeha still be in the dark about what the big plan is?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
But if they all had access to Nort Prime's memories, why would some of them like Y. Xeha still be in the dark about what the big plan is?

He was? I hardly remember much of DDD, since I played it back when it was first released, but maybe he blocks out some memories in particular...?

...or maybe I'm wrong, haha.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
He was? I hardly remember much of DDD, since I played it back when it was first released, but maybe he blocks out some memories in particular...?

...or maybe I'm wrong, haha.

If I remember right, Young Xehanort only knew what Ansem SoD told him. In Re:coded he seems to only be aware of things in the vaguest of senses, having only know what was told to him by Ansem SoD, and in KH3D he seems to sort of pave the way to the knowledge of who he becomes through the versions of himself he works together with.

Beamer

Awards
Probably not going to happen: Young Xehanort stabs MX in the back, says he is a pitiful old man and he doesn't want to ever become him, MX dies, YX starts to fade away because he's essentially closed the time loop of the existence of Xehanort.

[...]
I don't think Master Xehanort will die by any of the heroes' hands, though. I have a hunch about this.

You know, I really think that you'll have a final battle between Sora and Xehanort, but he seems less phased that you expected (not unlike Ansem in KH1). And then out of the blue, Young Xehanort stabs him in the back like you said. It would be a really cool way of giving Xehanort both the punishment he deserves through Master Xehanort, and redemption through Young Xehanort. Even though he's still destined to become MX, YX decides that for this moment while his memory is still intact, he wants to do the right thing and/or prove he's not MX to himself or something. I wouldn't say it won't happen, but given Nomura's track record, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
That is why I said once they all gain access to power, they will likely break off from Xehanort really fast because of some plot explanation. It would be absolutely boring if they all had to follow Xehanort at all times. The ending of the game would be so absolutely flat because the conflict between the Guardians and the Seekers is barely compelling on a basic level. Two sides clash after probably fighting all game, oh no! World ending!

Add a little inner group conflict and you get something with a little more depth and entertainment value. Even with them all being "Norted", we don't know the extent of Xehanort's control over each vessel even though we have theories that it might be full control. Since we don't know we can't dispel any idea of what may happen during the final battle.

Also, would it not be a good juxtaposition to show the Guardians of Light who are all independent people having a more unified front than the Seekers of Darkness who are all essentially Xehanort or a vessel of Xehanort?

If they are all going to become Xehanort, wouldn't they also gain his thirst for power and complete disobedience towards authority? I can't believe for a second that they will all stay obedient for the entire battle when Xehanort himself is not a loyal, obedient person. Controlling them may keep them in line, but I just don't think it'll stay that way

Of course this is all a possible and plausible scenario, especially since Xehanort has been shown more than once to be ignorant of the true capabilities of hearts and contrary to his claims he doesn't know everything about how they function. The Replicas not functioning how he expected certainly sees to that, a neat parallel to DiZ/Ansem the Wise learning from his "created hearts" in the digital Twilight Town not functioning like he wanted, with the difference that up to now Xehanort didn't learn.

This is true, maybe I should have gone more into detail as I was certainly not aiming to totally shoot this down.
What I think should be pointed out though and given more thought is that this new "Xehanorganisation" will most likely not function like the first Org with backstabbing and betrayal as well as factionalism all around which I can see people getting mislead impressions and expectations about.
It clearly depends on how much control Overnort can exercise and if that control somehow will waver for whatever reason it is a given that at least the originally unwilling slave-vessels will immediately turn against him, which is certainly something that most likely will be reserved for the series of final conflicts however they play out.
(As I highly doubt it will be just a clash to form an ugly super weapon of doom over which then a tug-o-war will happen).

Indeed it would, as the "united front" of the Seekers is certainly forced while the Guardians are united of their own free will. So far I'd say the only Seekers we can count for sure as being there on their own volition are Overnort the Old himself and Xigbar/Braig. I'm iffy on including Ansem SoD and Xemnas even as they seem to be Overnort's "main enforcers" as we do not really know how much of an own "personality" they really have or if they are just walking/floating extensions of Overnort's will.
It may not mean anything, but somehow the forced "unity" of the Seekers reminds me somewhat of the plans Foreteller Aced seems to pursue in X[chi] with uniting all the unions under him by force.

That question can possibly be answered when looking at the "development" of Saix/Isa I'd say as he increasingly became more and more Xehanort-like in behaviour and viewpoints but interestingly as he did just that his plans to rebel and do his own thing also diminished and he turned more and more into Xemnas' faithful second-in-command.
It won't stay that way forever for sure, as otherwise it would be impossible to save Terra. If I had to place bets I'd say some heart shenanigans and connections will cause disruptions, Sora is good with these and Xehanort as said above is ignorant/dismissing of their true capabilities.

Heh, you could say that but in all honesty so far most of the versions of Xehanort do not seem to be all to keen on getting revenge in any kind. The plans involving any of the heroes including Sora seems to be mainly motivated by the main Overnort's own ambitions rather than something personal.

Would certainly be a sort of karma ending for the old geezer, although I'd like it the most if it was a mixture of that and him getting some comeuppance from his former victims, the latter also being the reason why I am not really sold on all these proposals of Sora doing it alone one on one.

Err I actually doubt that as the pieces the main Overnort plants are more akin to small seeds with probably a fixed set of instructions instead of actually having memories from the Overnort. As the heart piece grows it simply overtakes and suppresses the personality/memories of the actual heart's owner, stuffing it all in the fridge so to say while saying "this house is now mine". Since Overnort has most control, I'd assume that he can regulate what exactly his vessels get to see and as such it is an one-way connection with the actual vessels themselves having no access nor say in matters.

Young Xehanort certainly doesn't have access as BlackOsprey pointed out and the same goes obviously for Xigbar/Braig. I even go so far and advocate that not even Ansem SoD and Xemnas know or have access to all the important information Overnort the Old has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back