• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will the game begin: Other characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ok sunny

Awards
Playing as YX would be pretty intriguing. Honestly, I wouldn't mind even starting of as Young Eraqus, either. We get to see Eraqus' perspective with the game, plus it seems very fitting knowing that there will probably diddlying loads of back story for YX and YE (I would also like he same for Yen Did).

Though, I would prefer to play as YX. He's a character we're more familiar with throughout the series than Eraqus. With his back story we could see his regular training and behind the scenes action where he prepares for what comes ahead in his later life, etc. If this were to happen, I feel like it would end in a note where YX is successful in a certain attempt of his that helps him persue his goals, such as gaining his current keyblade, or even Eraqus finding out his true intentions.

I would just be OK with Sora + DG to start off with, though.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Playing as YX would be pretty intriguing. Honestly, I wouldn't mind even starting of as Young Eraqus, either. We get to see Eraqus' perspective with the game, plus it seems very fitting knowing that there will probably diddlying loads of back story for YX and YE (I would also like he same for Yen Did).

Though, I would prefer to play as YX. He's a character we're more familiar with throughout the series than Eraqus. With his back story we could see his regular training and behind the scenes action where he prepares for what comes ahead in his later life, etc. If this were to happen, I feel like it would end in a note where YX is successful in a certain attempt of his that helps him persue his goals, such as gaining his current keyblade, or even Eraqus finding out his true intentions.

I would just be OK with Sora + DG to start off with, though.

I'm for YX, especially if we get to glimpse at all the things he said he experienced in his youth through his reports :D It would bring light to a lot of the character traits that Xehanort has for the fans that don't read the reports (like 13 year old me)

Arcadia

Except it's never shown that they don't sit next to each other? It'd be one thing if Eraqus sat on one end and Xehanort sat on the other and the middle throne was empty and they showed that. But anytime they're shown its MX on the right and Eraqus standing in the middle, implying he sat in the middle.

Except thats exactly how they're positioned on the very first, opening shot of BBS.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Except thats exactly how they're positioned on the very first, opening shot of BBS.

WOW, how on earth could I have missed that.

tumblr_nsgv1jivE41ub01y9o1_540.png

Then my point definitely still stands, perhaps a little taller than before.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Oh so they are! I had gone back to watch the cutscenes when the Mark of Mastery took place, before and after, and I even watched a playthrough of the exam to see if they could be seen sitting in the background (their models are completely absent lol). I guess I just didn't look back far enough, my mistake.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
I feel like I'm betraying Kairi (who I always, always dreamed of KHIII starting with) by saying it would probably be best/make more sense if we start with Xehanort at this point.

And tbh, everything we've seen thus far seems to point that that'll be the case. I feel like this game really wants to set up how similar, yet different, Sora and Xehanort are even moreso.

And since this is our last game with Xehanort, I feel like Nomura really wants us to see him as a character: not just someone evil, but someone that was once good, and had dreams and friends, like anyone else.

Though it kind of worries me a bit, because I really don't want Xehanort to be redeemed or saved somehow. And sort of Draco in Leather Pantsing him at the beginning (which isn't exactly what they're doing, I know, but I can't think of a better term for it right now), makes me inclined to think Nomura might try something like that. IDK.

Anyway, I was talking with SorasPromise on Tumblr, and we think the beginning will go like this: we'll see the scene with young Xehanort and Eraqus in the library (that Nomura all ready confirmed is the start of the game), and then it'll eventually segue into Sora standing in that same library (as seen in the trailer shown at the II.5 launch event), though we believe that maybe the others will be there, too?

Like, maybe the Lights have moved their headquarters to Cable Town, or whatever, because Yen Sid's Tower is too cramped? And the cutscene will probably continue with everyone talking about what they need to do henceforth.

As for the tutorial part, I do think it'll be Xehanort, but if that'll happen before or after the scene with Sora in the library, I don't know.

This is all speculation, of course, but with what we know so far, the two of us thought this is probably the most likely scenario for how the game will start.

Arcadia

I feel like I'm betraying Kairi (who I always, always dreamed of KHIII starting with) by saying it would probably be best/make more sense if we start with Xehanort at this point

tbh I'd rather have a Xehanort starter as well. My fear is that, if Kairi is our tutorial character, that's all we'll get to play with her. Call me biased or having some serious pie-in-the-sky fannish hopes, but Im holding out for an actual playable arc in the story for her. She needs it.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
tbh I'd rather have a Xehanort starter as well. My fear is that, if Kairi is our tutorial character, that's all we'll get to play with her. Call me biased or having some serious pie-in-the-sky fannish hopes, but Im holding out for an actual playable arc in the story for her. She needs it.

That is a very good point! And if there is a chance that we might get to play as Kairi more, if we don't have her as the tutorial character, I'd be all for that. And Nomura did say that he's considering allowing her and Riku (and maybe even King Mickey, IIRC?) to be playable.

However... I'm sort of afraid it won't happen. It seems to me that since we're back to a main title, and people have been missing playing Sora so greatly, Nomura will want to keep it all mainly him.

If nothing else, though, I hope we have some sort of Mission Mode thing--like in Days--where we can finally play as Kairi. But we'll see, I guess.

And how I wish that BbSV2 were still a thing, as it looked like Kairi might've been playable in that. And how I wish that, if nothing else, we might someday get a game about her adventure in KHII--as TV Tropes made a good point that it sort of paralleled Sora's story in CoM.

P.S. I love your icon! Kairinort is one of my fave fan theories, tbh--and something I'd loved to be explored in KHIII--but more likely than not, it'd be impossible for Kairi to become a vessel. But, hey: a girl can dream:)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

Agreed, besides how cute would it be for Eraqus to find Xehanort studying at the break of dawn in the study.

"You hopeless bookworm, I knew I'd find you reading down here"

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Agreed, besides how cute would it be for Eraqus to find Xehanort studying at the break of dawn in the study.

"You hopeless bookworm, I knew I'd find you reading down here"

Man, this would be really cool. It would continue the tradition that started form KHI. In how many of the games somebody has woken a sleeping character by staring at them? In KH1 Kairi wakes Sora up from his nap, in 358/3 Days Roxas wakes up Axel taking a nap in the clock tower, in Birth by Sleep Aqua wakes up Ven. Hmm, those are all the instances I can remember. I also remember Nomura saying that he likes to do that kinda of stuff, refer to previous games.

EDIT: Just read the possible symbolism between Eraqus and Xehanort, zealot and curiosity that has no third power to stable them. Man this so cool also. I just love the series when you can theorize stuff like this.

Last edited:

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
EDIT: Just read the possible symbolism between Eraqus and Xehanort, zealot and curiosity that has no third power to stable them. Man this so cool also. I just love the series when you can theorize stuff like this.

I like this theory too! It makes sense in entirety. I mean, what was one thing that Riku was able to hold onto despite being tempted by the darkness? His friend Kairi; she's a median for both Sora and Riku so they never stray off the wrong path. Same with Terra and Aqua; the force in the middle was Ven, since he understood Terra's plight and Aqua's concern. Same with SDG; Sora helped balance out the goofiness and silliness well in their trio, making them more connected than ever.

If Eraqus and Xehanort didn't grow up with Yen Sid, then there would be nothing to stop Eraqus' ridiculous notion that everything must be mostly light and nothing to stop Xehanort from going out to seek new worlds and use the powers of darkness freely. It makes perfect sense, really; there was no middle ground between them. One was extreme light, one was extreme darkness. None of them were like Mickey or Riku, where they see benefits in either side. That could never work out if there wasn't something taking those silly ideas out of their heads.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
So lets say the opening cutscene plays, then we get Xehanort entering his Dive. It's mostly a reprise of the original with the choosing weapons and all; but the stained glass gets darker and darker. The last pillar becomes pitch black. Xehanort defeats a big Heartless, that represents the darkness inside him. However, defeating it is just a gameplay mechanic. It's still alive, barely, once you defeat it, and Xehanort gets flashes of his 3D memories. Instead of killing the Heartless, he absorbs it's power, and the light from the "sky" of the Dive to the Heart goes out, and we only see the light of his eyes - turning to golden eyes.

Also, the music is an even more haunting version of Destati. The end of the track (think of KH1 when Sora was being sucked into the darkness) begins to mesh with a remix of "The Key of Darkness", to foreshadow where he's heading in the future. The narration also speaks of the Keyblade War legend and ominously foretells the horrific things Xehanort will do. Maybe the final line of the narration will be, "You are the one who will open the door to darkness." Or something that explicitly foretells what Xehanort will do in the climax of III.

He wakes up, and says, "this world is just too small." And he hears rustling, and turns to see the brown-robes Ansem approaching. The screen fades to black, and the logo appears. Then we get the scene of Xehanort and Eraqus' talk, which ends with "Oh I hope so."

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I've seen a pretty neat fan design of young Yen Sid, it'd be nice to see him in game. At the same time, I guess I could see why they wouldn't wanna redesign him, but they made the FF characters younger, so there's a chance.

Love that design!

I've wanted YX dive in to heart scene since the first scene in BBS so here's hoping for that.
Kairi and Axel would also make sense but wouldn't be nearly as cool.

How about Xehanort gets a Dive to the Heart, and Kairi gets a segment like the first game's Destiny Islands? Just a thought, I'd love for both of them to get spotlight in the opening.

I like this theory too! It makes sense in entirety. I mean, what was one thing that Riku was able to hold onto despite being tempted by the darkness? His friend Kairi; she's a median for both Sora and Riku so they never stray off the wrong path. Same with Terra and Aqua; the force in the middle was Ven, since he understood Terra's plight and Aqua's concern. Same with SDG; Sora helped balance out the goofiness and silliness well in their trio, making them more connected than ever.

If Eraqus and Xehanort didn't grow up with Yen Sid, then there would be nothing to stop Eraqus' ridiculous notion that everything must be mostly light and nothing to stop Xehanort from going out to seek new worlds and use the powers of darkness freely. It makes perfect sense, really; there was no middle ground between them. One was extreme light, one was extreme darkness. None of them were like Mickey or Riku, where they see benefits in either side. That could never work out if there wasn't something taking those silly ideas out of their heads.

Yeah, Yen Sid has always struck me as the only sane man amongst the old Keyblade masters. Choosing Riku as a Master in 3D was proof that he doesn't share in Eraqus' light-based zeal; not to mention that he's initially reluctant to point a finger at Xehanort in BBS even though he's had a history with darkness. And the "gone our separate ways" comment could also imply that being the sane one, Yen Sid didn't really care to stay too close to Eraqus and Xehanort, both being extremists of opposing sides. Maybe as kids they were close, but maybe Yen Sid eventually left the trio somehow and that's how they grew apart and went down their paths. If it was Yen Sid's choice to leave the trio, it could give him some depth, as he could feel responsible for everything since he wasn't there to keep Eraqus and Xehanort's zeal in check.

Kaijuguy19

It would be interesting if we opened up the game after the beginning scene that was shown at E3 this year with Aqua walking her way into the Realm of Darkness and finding out somehow about Sora and the others and what they're doing currently. Sort of like a mini homage to BBS volume 2 in a way.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It would be interesting if we opened up the game after the beginning scene that was shown at E3 this year with Aqua walking her way into the Realm of Darkness and finding out somehow about Sora and the others and what they're doing currently. Sort of like a mini homage to BBS volume 2 in a way.

That would be a little redundant after Blank Points, but I take your meaning, Square needs a way to recap the series without having to sit through hours of cutscenes.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

You know what I would love to see Aqua do? Be like Ansem the Wise and use the darkness wisely to escape the realm of darkness with him. I know this probably won't happen, but seriously, Square, if you use this as an opportunity to show Aqua that darkness isn't bad if used wisely, I will forgive all of your sins.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You know what I would love to see Aqua do? Be like Ansem the Wise and use the darkness wisely to escape the realm of darkness with him. I know this probably won't happen, but seriously, Square, if you use this as an opportunity to show Aqua that darkness isn't bad if used wisely, I will forgive all of your sins.
That would REAAAAALLY go against her character and without proper buildup and development it would likely ring really hollow. Plus I kind of get the feeling that if the story was going to let Aqua escape on her own she would have done it already. It's kind of positioned that she needs someone to rescue her, and at that point she wouldn't need to pull a DiZ

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
That would REAAAAALLY go against her character and without proper buildup and development it would likely ring really hollow. Plus I kind of get the feeling that if the story was going to let Aqua escape on her own she would have done it already. It's kind of positioned that she needs someone to rescue her, and at that point she wouldn't need to pull a DiZ

Agreed. Hell, even DiZ can't pull a DiZ by this point xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back