• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will the game begin: Other characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsaken Shadow

This thread has to do with discussing the possibility of the game opening with another character's scenario, a la KH2. Do you think this is possible, and if so, which character would it be? An existing one or a completely new character? And how would it play out?

Here are a list of possible scenarios that I came up with:

Kairi: We ended 3D with her being brought to Yen Sid's tower as a candidate for a Guardian of Light. This would be a good 0-level reset imo because of Kairi's lack of experience, i.e., it gives us an excuse to start with no abilities at all. She serves as a good tutorial character, still learning the ropes of combat with the keyblade. Sora is, after all, in the RoS.

Lea: Similar to above, except his gameplay would likely be a lot cooler and we'd start out with many fire-based attacks. We could even have a dive into the heart for consistency's sake, also we need a reason to hear the Destati themes again! Another possibility is that, as we know Sora is in the RoS and last we know, Donald and Goofy were worried about his whereabouts, Lea and Kairi could have a short visit to the RoS to find Sora, and when they do- BAM- the titles.

Aqua: Starting in the Realm of Darkness, where Aqua could possibly find an important clue or a message regarding the situation with Xehanort, and instead of having Sora and co. bust her out, she could bust herself out of there. Unlikely as this would mean 'saving' Aqua too early and gameplay, environments, etc. would be too similar to BBS:FM's Secret episode.

Ven: Inside Sora's heart? Identical to a dive into the heart. But naah.

Ansem the Wise:
More Realm of Darkness gameplay. Could be identical to the scenario I just described for Aqua, except it makes more sense to have Ansem the Wise play this role as it was never explicitly stated that Sora needed to save him. Ansem could possibly bust himself out of the RoD, because I have a strong feeling that he's going to make a return somehow. This scenario could play out in a way so that the player finds out the contents of the data he saved inside Sora before Sora does.

Young Xehanort: My personal favourite. As we already know the opening scene comprises of the conversation between him and young Eraqus from the E3 2015 trailer, this would be a good place to start. Instead of beginning with another cheery tutorial atmosphere, we could have something more dark to set the tone for the rest of the game. Another user in another thread suggested that the scenario could end with some seriously haunting foreshadowing for the future, right before the titles come on.

So what do you think? I would love to hear your ideas.

Alternatively, we could begin with RoS Sora as well, seeing as that's where he was last supposed to be, and we could have some combat with the dream eaters as well- even though it's unlikely that they'd make an appearance in KH3.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Young Xehanort: My personal favourite. As we already know the opening scene comprises of the conversation between him and young Eraqus from the E3 2015 trailer, this would be a good place to start. Instead of beginning with another cheery tutorial atmosphere, we could have something more dark to set the tone for the rest of the game. Another user in another thread suggested that the scenario could end with some seriously haunting foreshadowing for the future, right before the titles come on.

This. This needs to happen.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Whoever or whatever the game starts with, I'd like to see a break in the tradition of long, slow tutorial beginnings. Both KHI and II are infamous for their very long tutorials and even longer prologues. I'm hoping III will start fast and exciting rather than slow and leisurely.

Even so, there should definitely be something in there that uses the Stations of Awakening and/or Destati. For old times' sake.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
KH3D had the strongest start aesthetically. Immediately fighting Ursula, two seconds in. It wasn't the best fight but it was still a really cool way to start. KH3 should take it more slowly. A return to Sora's Station of Awakening from KH1 would be neato.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
I would want the game to start with Aqua in the Realm of Darkness. She has a strange connection with Sora, and predict his future.

Sounds a little weird, but if we want any emotional stuff to happen between the two, I would like that.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
If we have to have a slow tutorial-esque start, I think Kairi would be the best choice. But, at the same time, after so long of not playing as proper Sora + DG in a main title-y thing, I think they would want to start with him right away.

Awards
Although I'd love to play as Kairi, I'm intrigued by the idea of getting to play Xehanort's story. Then we could have Xehanort's station of awakening, just like we had Sora's, Roxas's, and Ven's in KH1, KH2, and KHBBS. Plus, since that chess game is apparently the opening scene, it would be cool to play and see what happens after that, learn more about the bad guy in his youth, ect. We may even learn why he has the most ancient keyblade in existence. Their master probably would have wanted to pass it on to Eraqus, so it probably wasn't an inheritance thing. Wouldn't it be a neat parallel if he took that keyblade from their master or Eraqus in the same way that Sora took Riku's keyblade from him? If Xehanort sought power to protect the ones he cared about before? If Xehanort is just doing everything because he's a fatalist?

Morgenstern

Awards
Although I'd love to play as Kairi, I'm intrigued by the idea of getting to play Xehanort's story. Then we could have Xehanort's station of awakening, just like we had Sora's, Roxas's, and Ven's in KH1, KH2, and KHBBS. Plus, since that chess game is apparently the opening scene, it would be cool to play and see what happens after that, learn more about the bad guy in his youth, ect. We may even learn why he has the most ancient keyblade in existence. Their master probably would have wanted to pass it on to Eraqus, so it probably wasn't an inheritance thing. Wouldn't it be a neat parallel if he took that keyblade from their master or Eraqus in the same way that Sora took Riku's keyblade from him? If Xehanort sought power to protect the ones he cared about before? If Xehanort is just doing everything because he's a fatalist?

We haven't seen who that master is. For all we know he could has just as easily wanted Xehanort to take the key anyway.

Actualy...playign as Xehanort for the turtorial might be interesting

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
As am I, that'd be cool. And if we play as Xehanort for a part, we'll probably get to meet their master and a third member to their trio if they had one (since everything seems to come in 3 here)
The third member was Yen Sid. He says as much in BBS.

It would be neat to play as Xehanort for bit, I just have a hard time imagining it actually happening for some reason. I kind of picture the beginning to be like KH3D, where you get the one flashback cutscene and then it just jumps straight into the game proper.

I also don't think Nomura and co want to try and design a young(er) Yen Sid lol. That's probably why he isn't in the cutscene in the first place.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I've always been of the opinion that Yen Sid wasn't a brother apprentice to Xehanort and Eraqus since this was never specifically stated and Yen Sid was only referred to as an "old friend" and that they were all once "walking the path of the Master" , though I'd love to see what he looked like as a youngin'.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I've always been of the opinion that Yen Sid wasn't a brother apprentice to Xehanort and Eraqus since this was never specifically stated and Yen Sid was only referred to as an "old friend" and that they were all once "walking the path of the Master" , though I'd love to see what he looked like as a youngin'.
It's not said in a cutscene, but if you talk to Yen Sid at some point in BBS he reveals that he, Xehanort and Eraqus were apprentices together. I'm trying to find a screenshot of it right now.

tumblr_m98kcaRjng1qbc2ylo1_1280.png

tumblr_m98kcaRjng1qbc2ylo2_1280.png

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's not said in a cutscene, but if you talk to Yen Sid at some point in BBS he reveals that he, Xehanort and Eraqus were apprentices together. I'm trying to find a screenshot of it right now.

You're going to find
Yen Sid: There was a time when I walked the path of the Keyblade Master
alongside Eraqus and Xehanort. But the three of us have gone our separate ways.

Which I interpret to mean that they were just good friends, I find it hard to believe he was training under the same master, or else the reports would have mentioned him alongside Eraqus. But I could be proven wrong, not that it really seems to matter at the moment.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
You're going to find

Which I interpret to mean that they were just good friends, I find it hard to believe he was training under the same master, or else the reports would have mentioned him alongside Eraqus. But I could be proven wrong, not that it really seems to matter at the moment.
I don't know. With the three thrones, the numerous references, the intimate knowledge they have about each other, I think the implication of the line is clear. The "gone our separate ways" thing in particular to me really invokes the feeling of growing up together. But I suppose it could be interpreted in other ways.

Of course that would just mean there are now two unseen Masters unaccounted for :S

Moose

Awards
I don't know. With the three thrones, the numerous references, the intimate knowledge they have about each other, I think the implication of the line is clear. The "gone our separate ways" thing in particular to me really invokes the feeling of growing up together. But I suppose it could be interpreted in other ways.

Of course that would just mean there are now two unseen Masters unaccounted for :S

Wouldn't one of the thrones be for the master?

Awards
The third member was Yen Sid. He says as much in BBS.

It would be neat to play as Xehanort for bit, I just have a hard time imagining it actually happening for some reason. I kind of picture the beginning to be like KH3D, where you get the one flashback cutscene and then it just jumps straight into the game proper.

I also don't think Nomura and co want to try and design a young(er) Yen Sid lol. That's probably why he isn't in the cutscene in the first place.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I've seen a pretty neat fan design of young Yen Sid, it'd be nice to see him in game. At the same time, I guess I could see why they wouldn't wanna redesign him, but they made the FF characters younger, so there's a chance.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I've seen a pretty neat fan design of young Yen Sid, it'd be nice to see him in game. At the same time, I guess I could see why they wouldn't wanna redesign him, but they made the FF characters younger, so there's a chance.
That's a surprisingly good fan design of Yen Sid.

He looks so Disney-like.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've wanted YX dive in to heart scene since the first scene in BBS so here's hoping for that.
Kairi and Axel would also make sense but wouldn't be nearly as cool.

emotionengine

Don't worry. Considering it's been almost a decade (!) since the last main console installment, there will be a nice long intro/recap and some tutorial stuff to get everyone up to speed. Most here are hardcore fans, but S-E cannot rely just on you for sales. And remember, this will be on Xbox too, where the user base has potentially zero previous exposure to the KH world/saga. KHIII will have to appeal to, and be welcoming/inclusive to, gamers who have previously never been into KH, or those who may have played it 10-15 years ago but have since forgotten pretty much everything about it.

EDIT: hm, after giving it some more thought...maybe one of the "special surprises" that will be revealed this year will be a downloadable, playable prologue demo of sorts? Something to get new players up to speed on story and gameplay mechanics?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back