• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

How will the game begin: Other characters

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcadia

I don't know. With the three thrones, the numerous references, the intimate knowledge they have about each other, I think the implication of the line is clear. The "gone our separate ways" thing in particular to me really invokes the feeling of growing up together. But I suppose it could be interpreted in other ways.

Of course that would just mean there are now two unseen Masters unaccounted for :S

I always felt that the empty throne was purposeful and symbolic when it came to Eraqus and Xehanort. Not only does it symbolize the gulf between them as friends and keyblade masters, but it also represents the lack of completeness in their generation. A lack of a third master throws things off balance without a middle party to balance Eraqus' zeal and Xehanort's curiosity.

namine_ftw

I really like the Xehanort idea. Playing as Kairi would be nice too!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I've seen a pretty neat fan design of young Yen Sid, it'd be nice to see him in game. At the same time, I guess I could see why they wouldn't wanna redesign him, but they made the FF characters younger, so there's a chance.

That's a really awesome design! I don't think they would ever actually show a younger Yen Sid though, because he's a classic Disney character and there's no younger version of him in Disney canon to to use as a reference.
I'm still praying that Xehanort, Eraqus and Yen Sid's Master is a woman.

That's what I'm hoping for. This series is woefully lacking in original female characters.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I always felt that the empty throne was purposeful and symbolic when it came to Eraqus and Xehanort. Not only does it symbolize the gulf between them as friends and keyblade masters, but it also represents the lack of completeness in their generation. A lack of a third master throws things off balance without a middle party to balance Eraqus' zeal and Xehanort's curiosity.
Except it's never shown that they don't sit next to each other? It'd be one thing if Eraqus sat on one end and Xehanort sat on the other and the middle throne was empty and they showed that. But anytime they're shown its MX on the right and Eraqus standing in the middle, implying he sat in the middle.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Except it's never shown that they don't sit next to each other? It'd be one thing if Eraqus sat on one end and Xehanort sat on the other and the middle throne was empty and they showed that. But anytime they're shown its MX on the right and Eraqus standing in the middle, implying he sat in the middle.

To be totally fair here, he was standing in front of the platform, not just in front of the chair, and the stairs to the thrones are centered in front of the middle one. He wasn't standing over the throne as one might right before sitting down, he was a fair bit away.

Though I do think he'd have sat in that one, since he is the Master of the land but I think having an empty throne and an empty spot in their friendship does add more to inequality of their friendship. I don't think Yen Sid was a third to their circle anymore than I think Mickey was a fourth to the TAV trio. But this is mostly my reading of it, and it's totally possible this could be proven wrong later on.

RoomKey

I hope it just starts off with regular ol' Sora. I would like to see the Station of Awakening again.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
To be totally fair here, he was standing in front of the platform, not just in front of the chair, and the stairs to the thrones are centered in front of the middle one. He wasn't standing over the throne as one might right before sitting down, he was a fair bit away.

Though I do think he'd have sat in that one, since he is the Master of the land but I think having an empty throne and an empty spot in their friendship does add more to inequality of their friendship. I don't think Yen Sid was a third to their circle anymore than I think Mickey was a fourth to the TAV trio. But this is mostly my reading of it, and it's totally possible this could be proven wrong later on.
It's just that if that was the intention, they would make it clear in the cutscene. They would show Eraqus and MX sit with a chair between them, but they never do. The series has done this sort of distance subtext before, but they did it in a way that highlighted the distance, not just left it up to the fans imagination.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
It's just that if that was the intention, they would make it clear in the cutscene. They would show Eraqus and MX sit with a chair between them, but they never do. The series has done this sort of distance subtext before, but they did it in a way that highlighted the distance, not just left it up to the fans imagination.
Like I said, I think he'd sit in the center throne myself, but mostly because that would mean Xehanort would be sitting on his left hand side and that in itself stirs up a whole bunch of Satan/left hand of the father ram imagery.

Mm, I seem to have staggered from the topic of conversation here.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've always been of the opinion that Yen Sid wasn't a brother apprentice to Xehanort and Eraqus since this was never specifically stated and Yen Sid was only referred to as an "old friend" and that they were all once "walking the path of the Master" , though I'd love to see what he looked like as a youngin'.

I always imagined him like Mickey to TAV. He crosses paths with them, sure, but he's being trained in a different way and is on a different path than they are.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I've wanted YX dive in to heart scene since the first scene in BBS so here's hoping for that.
Kairi and Axel would also make sense but wouldn't be nearly as cool.

I always imagined his Dive to the Heart going like this: You're going through, and you start off on a panel that has him and eraqus, and maybe something Destiny Islands-y on it. However, as you continue forward the panels are growing darker and darker, and more and more pureblood heartless swarm the panels that Xehanort is stepping on. Xehanort had never seen these creatures before, so he becomes afraid and tries to run away. However, when he interacts with them, he realizes that these creatures embody something that he wants: control of the darkness. He steps into the dark abyss, like when Sora sinks into the black puddle in his Dive to the Heart, but Xehanort is content, almost zen, with this fate of his. This allows it to end with a smile, and a quote like "is the darkness my key to getting off this Island?" "Oh, I hope so." Boom. Kingdom Hearts III logo.

Last edited:

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I always imagined his Dive to the Heart going like this: You're going through, and you start off on a panel that has him and eraqus, and maybe something Destiny Islands-y on it. However, as you continue forward the panels are growing darker and darker, and more and more pureblood heartless swarm the panels that Xehanort is stepping on. Xehanort had never seen these creatures before, but he becomes afraid and tries to run away. However, when he interacts with them, he realizes that these creatures embody something that he wants the powers of; he steps into the dark abyss, like when Sora sinks into the black puddle in his Dive to the Heart, but Xehanort is content, almost zen, with this fate of his. This allows it to end with a smile, and a quote like "is the darkness my key to getting off this Island?" "Oh, I hope so." Boom. Kingdom Hearts III logo.

Holy meteor. Send this idea to the writers as soon as possible. I want this to happen!

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Holy meteor. Send this idea to the writers as soon as possible. I want this to happen!

tangled-young-xehanort-and-eraqus-confirmed-in-kingdom-hearts-3-gameplay-trailer.jpg

Oh, I hope so ;3;

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I'm still praying that Xehanort, Eraqus and Yen Sid's Master is a woman.

Xehanort's master is confirmed to be male in Xehanort's Letter to Master Eraqus where he kindly accepted his request to overlook the Mark of Mastery for Terra and Aqua. This is what it says:

Xehanort's Letter

Ventus obtains Xehanort's Letter after leaving the Land of Departure.

Please accept my deepest gratitude for the invitation to witness your pupils' accession to the office of true Keyblade Master. It was a heavy mantle our Master placed upon your shoulders naming you Successor, but you have nonetheless persevered and raised two Masters yourself. I know it cannot have been easy.

I did you terrible harm in the past over a petty difference in opinion, and just a few years ago selfishly thrust my own burdens upon you. I think of you like a younger brother, and yet, fool that I am, I have never availed myself of countless opportunities to apologize or thank you for opening your home to the boy. Yet not once have you blamed me; on the contrary, here you are inviting me to such an important ceremony. I intend to be there to offer you all my blessings.

Our Master chose his heir wisely. Ours is a bizarrely ironic task—to watch over the light from the shadows—but in the face of that, the warmth in your heart and unfailing dedication to the light impress me to no end.

I have taken to wandering the World, and seen much darkness hiding in the light. Lately, I fear it has taken a turn for the worse. Perhaps Yen Sid has already told you about the Unversed? These fledgling emotions derive from negativity, and I can now sense their presence in nearly every world.

And on the topic of darkness: we must speak of another matter that concerns me, one related to the upcoming ceremony. When I visited several years ago, your pupil Terra drew my attention. His power is immense, to be sure, but within his heart I could see darkness just waiting to be awakened. I know this is none of my business, but I have reservations about welcoming Terra as a true Keyblade Master without taking certain precautions. The traditional examination, perhaps, to see if he has the Mark of Mastery? The choice is yours, and I will humbly respect your decision.

Take care. I eagerly await our long overdue reunion.

Extremely subtle, but nonetheless a confirmation on his gender. How did I remember this? Lol surfing KHWiki randomly and found this xD

Last edited:

KH2Rulz

Awards
Oh wow, starting as YMX is the best idea ever. It has so much potential for good foreshadowing, character development, exploration, etc.
It'd also be perfect to sorta recap players who missed out on all the other stories.

Awards
Xehanort's master is confirmed to be male in Xehanort's Letter to Master Eraqus where he kindly accepted his request to overlook the Mark of Mastery for Terra and Aqua. This is what it says:

Extremely subtle, but nonetheless a confirmation on his gender. How did I remember this? Lol surfing KHWiki randomly and found this xD
Or maybe it was just the translation. Didn't they originally translate Roxas's question as "Why did he choose you" despite the fact that he was referring to the keyblade? It might have been more ambiguous in Japanese.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
Or maybe it was just the translation. Didn't they originally translate Roxas's question as "Why did he choose you" despite the fact that he was referring to the keyblade? It might have been more ambiguous in Japanese.

Hm, that could be the case. I'll ask my multilingual friend what the japanese version says

Arcadia

KH Wiki, like TV Tropes, is a fan-run source, and thus full of head canons and wild theories and guesses presented as fact. Its a poor source of info.

Others who have gone and investigated the original Japanese script found that there's no real indication of a gender for Xehanort and Eraqus' master. Its vague and ambiguous at best.

Roxas was talking about Axel, though. Important to remember that Axel's suicide was literally just a scene ago.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
KH Wiki, like TV Tropes, is a fan-run source, and thus full of head canons and wild theories and guesses presented as fact. Its a poor source of info.

Others who have gone and investigated the original Japanese script found that there's no real indication of a gender for Xehanort and Eraqus' master. Its vague and ambiguous at best.

Ah, I do get you on the KHWiki part. I was on there so I could find a render of Young Xehanort's Keyblade and the Combined Keyblade for a project I'm doing, but while on there I decided to take a look into the wiki and see if they had the Xehanort Reports on file (since I was too lazy to go onto my copy of 2.5 Remix to read them). What I found is that they did, in entirety; I have been on many pages where they come up with the weirdest shit (like Ventus performed the inheritance ceremony on Sora), but the pages that are literally just pulled directly from the game are usually accurate. Anyways, just wanted you to know that I wasn't basing this off of a theory :D

Anyways, back to the topic at hand, sorry for not knowing the Japanese thing in advance! I can't read/speak the language, so I'm not as caught up as other people on these translation arguments! I'll make sure to take note of that about the master's gender

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Or better yet when they call the Queen "His Majesty" in KHII at Yen Sids tower. (They basically only say "The Majesty" or something genderless in Japanese.)
I really hope it's Yen Sid though and I hate those translation errors so if not I hope it's a dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back