• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

High School Choirs

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I'm in Choir, tenor. We're going to go sing at Disney World this year. It's so exciting.
I love it... because there are some really sexy cool people in my class.

Last edited:

Ren

adios motherfucker
I'm in the auditioned choir in my school as well as Jazz.
It's been fun, and I've made some of my closest friends in that choir.

I just wish the teacher was more prepared and organized. She's fairly young (in her early thirties, I think) and she's an opera major. She doesn't play much piano, and a lot of the time she doesn't look at the music to figure out the more complicated parts beforehand.

I actually don't enjoy choral music that much, unless it's Eric Whitacre or something like his work. I'm starting to lose the will to be in choir partially because of that.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Yeah. The music is kinda bland.
My director is secretly a Neo-Nazi. =/
Bleh. And testing sucks.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Part testing isn't difficult for me, and I thank god for that.
I don't know if it's my musical experience or if the choir's too easy, but a lot of the time I don't do any work. That might be why I'm getting tired of choir. :X

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Are you a Saprano?
I know my part with some songs, but others I can never find it with just the piano playing.
It irks me.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
My choir is terrible.

it's either
a) competition, ex. OMGSOPRANOS ARE SOOOO MUCH MORE AMAZING THAN THOSE STUPID ALTOS LOLOL
or
b) "I'm such a good singer, you know, just like Hillary Duff, you can tell, because I sing classical choral music like a manufactured popstar"

It's pitiful, and yes, I am pretty bitter about it. It's been like that since 6th grade, and it's still the same people, except now they've faked vibrato enough that they're actually getting something and being moved up to higher choirs while I'm not.

Although, it might have been our director's fault anyways.
He can't play piano, or discipline the retards for the life of him. He's constantly made fun of.

I'm just singing in a local ensemble to keep sane before I can go to college or somewhere where it won't be like this.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Oh dear.
I'm sorry. D:
That sounds awful.

Ren

adios motherfucker
Are you a Saprano?
I know my part with some songs, but others I can never find it with just the piano playing.
It irks me.

I'm an Alto II. It's great fun. XDD
God, I hate songs where people like Mozart base them off of chords. Then you're jumping everywhere with nothing to work with.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
I'm in Concert Choir right now as a bass II. I wanna audition for Madrigal for next year. My teacher's a bit eccentric to say the least.

Last edited:

something-cLever

SECOND ALTO FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!

...If only because I literally will be an Alto for life, unless my vocal chords go through a massive change and I suddenly become a soprano, (ick :( I can't sing high to save my life. I sound like a dying animal when I try). Lol...XDD I was actually almost put on tenor, (I'm a girl, btw)...I know, sad, right? LOLz

But, yeah, I'm in an honors choir thing. It's fun. The director is hecka scary though. I missed two practices once because I was sick, and I seriously sat at home bawling my eyes out, cuz I was scared she'd, like, murder me. She's the moody musician type, you know? And I'm not even joking about the murdering part. I'm still not sure if she'll kill me... If no one hears from me in awhile, report to the police, please... 'o_O

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
I'm an alto, but depending on the song I can do soprano parts ok. Not WELL, just okay. But I don't do choir this year, I knew I wasn't going to have the time. Plus my choir friends are gone so no point anyway. But I did like it because we all were really tight until ppl started graduating/moving away and arrogant lower classmen thinking they were hot came in and caused drama. I wasn't in it last year either, but my friend told me there was so much going on in there that I wouldn't want to be caught in the middle of it. I never did a solo, I'm one of those ppl who likes to be in the back...and stay there.

There was this song we did...um..."It Don't Mean A Thing If It Ain't Got That Swing".....two words: never again. We had to do a dance with it and I felt so stupid. Thank goodness we only had a night show ><

But yeah, choir was awesome. I sort of miss it, but it wasn't rly my thing to begin with. Actually, I was only in choir those one or two years because it was put on my schedule ^.^ lol

I auditioned to become part of my school's chorale (select choir) and I got it. I am an alto lol we've been practicing for 2 months and we sound pretty awesome. one song I love singing is a combo of different songs from Les Miserables; it made me want to see the play now lol.

we should be doing some competitions soon, as well as concert performances at our school.

Last edited:

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
People always had problems with that in middle school.
We had this amazing piece that was a psalm with accompaniment from the band & orchestra (I was going to play violin with it) and some girl got upset that it said God in it and told her parents, and the parents told the school board and we weren't allowed to sing any sacred music for the rest of my time in middle school. All the rest of the music we sang was pretty stupid. Like Seasons of Love for the fourth time and something about trees.
I mean, you can't expect to not sing stuff like that when choral music originated in the church. And most great composers wrote famous pieces as masses or with text from the Bible or whatever. Handel's Messiah, anyone?
At some point, I think we have to realize that doing that is preventing people from developing an appreciation for certain pieces and getting a full musical education. No better than censorship, in my opinion.

Elorah

Awards
I was in the school choir for about a term xD Then I got pulled out because rehearsals clashed with band practise, and apparantely band practise was more important. When I was in the choir i was randomly singing parts from the soprano, and then parts from the mid section. There were a couple of us, called sopmids xD I've been thinking about trying to join again next year.

Neku99

In a corner, talking to someone in my head...
Website
neku99.wordpress.com
I just joined our school choir a few months ago. This is my first year in our school and well choirs are fun, I love singing and I also like the privileges, like when they tell you its choir practice, you get exempted with your current class, cooool.

I sing base and the soprano girls are amazing(not to mention beautiful) We had a contest at school and we bashed the college with awesomeness, we won all the awards WEEEEEEEEE.

...I only had one memorable(horrible) experience in elementary....the costume sucked and we we're in front of a huge crowd...i almost got traumatized by that costume...but all is good with me choir life...for now at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back