• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

High-Priced games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight12

Are you talking about the price range in general? Or ONLY in Austrailia? Because the games around where i live ( and im talking about Gamestop, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart) are around 60 bucks for PS3 & X-Box 360 and Wii games are 50. Not to mention, DS games are 35 :S, i mean come on PKMN Emerald was 35 :\

Chupacabra

I've noticed that too lately and I also hate the PS3 games being sooo expensive but I think this will pass till the PS3 is a bit older.. DMC 4 was like 70 € ~ D=
and God of war for the PS like 60 € even if it only lasted a few hours.

I tend to import new games since in the dollar is so weak right now and I save so much money XD even shipping is cheaper

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
If you live in the states, you'll get the prices Neo mentioned. $35 for handheld games and $60 for console.
I've noticed that too lately and I also hate the PS3 games being sooo expensive but I think this will pass till the PS3 is a bit older.. DMC 4 was like 70 € ~ D=
and God of war for the PS like 60 €
I would have thought that prices in Europe would actually be lower than what we're paying in the states. Atleast the Canadians are finally benefiting from surpassing the USD's value.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
It's pretty ridiculous how much games cost these days. I dont have any of the next gen consoles but I plan on buying one. The price of the games kind of makes you second guess it though. idk, prices will probably go down in some time. Everything else is going up anyway.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
The most expensive game I've seen is Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

79.99 USD USED!

Alpha_Sonix

In the UK the prices for PS3 or X360 games are usually something from £40 to £50, Wii games are £30 to £40 and PSP and DS games are £20 to £30, they only make games high priced if they have huge popularity such as GTA IV will be £49.99 when it gets released in stores, while it's usually £38 to £40 when you pre order it, you know how much £50 is in USD? $100.

Agent007

I ♥ Livi
Website
www.myspace.com
The most expensive game I've seen is Marvel Vs. Capcom 2.

79.99 USD USED!

Well the thing about that is that it's a rare game and I think the company that made it, went bankrupt or something. It's rare to ever see that game anywhere anymore. Thats why like at EBG and GS, it cost around $80.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
True, the Australian Government has got into gear with them considering introducing an 'R' rating for video games, for the Australian video game market. So you could only hope they pay attention towards this area also.
If that was the case.

This situation has nothing to do with the government regulating the video game market, but really, the whole consumer market. We're being charged ridiculous prices for everything. And I understand that the dollar exchange changes day in and day out, hour to hour, but considering for a whole month or so we've been at $0.90US, you'd think the current market would be able to reflect this. But no. What the government needs to do is regulate prices. Sure, businesses should be aloud to set prices to whatever they want, but when it gets to the point where we are actually paying double the amount Americans are, then it's f*cking out of hand.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Why would people sell the games for however much it costs to make it? Developers and Publishers, as well as the stores, want to make money. They can't if they sell it at a truly fair price.

Zangetsu

Live Life Like Its Your Last Day
Awards
this has been going on 4ever and always will.
But i would like to know the name of these expensive game cause only ones $90+ are games like Guitar heroes, rock band, ddr , etc. cause you need certain things with the game to play it. But i agree its a pain to buy games that are going for $60-$70 but no one ever said being a gamer is cheap

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Move to America or Japan and you may not have to pay $100 for a video game. Lawl.

But yes the growing prices are a bit ridiculous, and it's kind of hurting the industry.
High prices = people being more careful about their purchases = only AAA games and big-brand-name-games being sold = no-name and low-quality games not getting sales (like Okami) = the industry only having important franchise games, with loads of sequels for each (DMC4, GTA IV, MGS4, GT5) instead of innovation because it's too risky = games being high prices in order for them to be able to generate a profit, due to exclusive-franchise sales.

It's a terrible cycle >:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
If it helps any, I bought Okami for the ps2 when it first came out. . .

and my friend has Marvel vs. Capcom 2. . .

anyway. . .

It's just like gas, something HAS to happen, eventually. Otherwise no one will be able to afford using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back