• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

High-Priced games

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raeneth

Has a custom user title
Awards
... I've never seen this trend. New DS games around here are around 30-40 dollars... actually more like 35. New console games like Xbox/PS3/60 are like 60ish or so *hasn't bought one in a while*. If games cost 90+, they're probably Guitar Hero or Rock Band, since both come with additional hardware. In addition, I'm sure the new Guitar Hero for the DS will be expensive since it also comes with additional hardware. I'd like to know the names of games that are expensive, since there's usually a reason behind it .-.

Tailing Ichigo, following his many exploits!
Website
z6.invisionfree.com
No seriously. It's really annoying. I mean, for example, we're all expectant of the coming KH game. Ofcourse we're gonna buy it right away. But the sad thing is, that later on, it's going to end up being much cheaper than it's original price.

It's also doubled if the game we want to buy is on another platform and we have to buy that console just to play that game. [FFXIII Versus anyone?]

Dead Ascension

A Hero's Countdown
Website
www.fanfiction.net
;_;
Truer words have never been spoken. Exactly, when it comes out, it's original price might be totally different. Heck, they might either raise or lower the price depending on how many people want it. Games such as these are left in the shop shelves for so long that most people will think it's not worth their time and will not bother buying them.

Many of the PlayStation games in Australia range from low $80.00AUD - $120.00AUD. Depending of gaming title. Which in some cases is quite annoying because you can expect the large fan based games are going to be expensive. But I guess we can only expect influx with the video game industy constantly upgrading.

Lee Akira

I see your point,but lets take a look to the past,a console use to be fairly overpice than that they are tofay..well ecxpet the PS3 it espensive as hell(lets not forget about games...like crono trigger it was like $80 buck)

Website
z6.invisionfree.com
Many of the PlayStation games in Australia range from low $80.00AUD - $120.00AUD. Depending of gaming title. Which in some cases is quite annoying because you can expect the large fan based games are going to be expensive. But I guess we can only expect influx with the video game industy constantly upgrading.

gungonX im pretty sure you've seen alot of pricey games. Lately things have been going up here in AUS alot, and they're usually late in shipping in new games anyway.

Like I said, inflation and what gungonX said is true.

The more popular the game or series, you can expect it to be heavily overpriced easily ranging to the 100s for those truly popular games.(Final Fantasy anyone?)

That's why it's best in Australia to pre-order.

.:{S u t e k i~M i d o r i}:. said:
gungonX im pretty sure you've seen alot of pricey games. Lately things have been going up here in AUS alot, and they're usually late in shipping in new games anyway.

Yeah I have, it's ridiculous! And I already have membership discount at the shop I buy from.

Fonzo

Yah if you look all the prices are slowly raising on video games, but a good explination is that the U.S. market is basicly slowly crashing!I have no idea why the games are so expensive in other places. Is there somthing that is causing it?

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Prices on Australian games have always, really, been the same. A reason for this back in the day was the dollar exchange, where we were essentially paying double for everything because our dollar was worth $0.50US. Now that we're in the $0.90US range, prices should be relaxing a bit, but of course the businesses don't want to reflect this change.

Then, of course, is the fact that we're also paying for localisation. But it shouldn't be nearly as much as it is.

Website
z6.invisionfree.com
Fonzo said:
Yah if you look all the prices are slowly raising on video games, but a good explination is that the U.S. market is basicly slowly crashing!I have no idea why the games are so expensive in other places. Is there somthing that is causing it?

Like everyone's been saying, the Outlet or people who're selling the games might've raised the price on much anticipated and popular games.

Awards
Prices on Australian games have always, really, been the same. A reason for this back in the day was the dollar exchange, where we were essentially paying double for everything because our dollar was worth $0.50US. Now that we're in the $0.90US range, prices should be relaxing a bit, but of course the businesses don't want to reflect this change.

Then, of course, is the fact that we're also paying for localisation. But it shouldn't be nearly as much as it is.

You're right.

But the public is slowly realizing that we shouldn't be paying as much as we do for just about everything, and eventually they just won't stand for it. I assume the Government will do something about it too, because something's just got to give.

But yeah, games have always been pricey over here. I always spend an average of $100 on a PS2 game, depending on release, $60 or lower on a DS game, and between $80 and $60 on a PSP game.

Decron

Dang in 10 years a game is probably 100 euro's if this goes on.Back in the days a game was around 40 euro's(new).Now it's sometimes way to much especially when you are a student.

You're right.

But the public is slowly realizing that we shouldn't be paying as much as we do for just about everything, and eventually they just won't stand for it. I assume the Government will do something about it too, because something's just got to give.

But yeah, games have always been pricey over here. I always spend an average of $100 on a PS2 game, depending on release, $60 or lower on a DS game, and between $80 and $60 on a PSP game.

True, the Australian Government has got into gear with them considering introducing an 'R' rating for video games, for the Australian video game market. So you could only hope they pay attention towards this area also.

digital gopher

lock the gates
Awards
Website
www.ea.com
Gaming is a really expensive hobby. But $70 for a DS game is pushing it.

Here in Canada we just started getting games that are the same price as the States. New games for 360 and PS3 were always $69.99. Although every once in a while I'll see games for $70. It's a pain.

Kazuma

For the Real not the Fake
Website
kazu52.deviantart.com
Lately, many of the games are high priced. A latest game for the PS platform was somewhere around $90.00approx and some DS games were around $69.99 [for one game btw] at EB Games.

It is a bit unfair that games are priced so highly. What does everyone else think?
Damn were do you live DS games here go for 30-32 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back