• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heroes: Genesis (~RP~)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
After sitting and wondering what she could do next, Faith rose to her feet, wiped away the tears streaming down her face and then began to walk down the streets not really caring about the people that shoved past her. But then after a few minutes, it was starting to irritate her. She felt angry, but whenever she would get angry, her powers would often spiral out of control. Eventually, Faith came across a five-star hotel. She glanced down at the money that she had - only three hundred dollars. It was one hundred and fifty dollars per night. When she put started closing up her purse, something slipped out. She bent down and picked up whatever it was that she dropped, but shock hit her when she saw exactly what it was.

It was a credit card with the owner being called Mrs Catherine Crest. Faith's eyes widened and looked around to make sure that no one was watching her. Had this possibly belonged to her mother, who had been killed so many years ago? She could care less HOW it had gotten in there, it was the fact that it WAS there. She walked into the hotel with her bagpack and then walked right up to the reception. "May I help you?" asked the manager in a French accent, who glared coldly at her since she looked like she'd been living rough like a homeless person. "Hi, I'd like to book a room, but I was also wondering if you could see how much money I have on my credit card, please?" said Faith, handing over the credit card. The manager continued to glare coldly at her, but then his expression changed when he saw who the card belonged to. "My, this belonged to Catherine Crest," he said as if he'd just seen a ghost. He kept on looking at Faith and then down to the credit card. "I knew her personally. She was a good friend of mine."

"I know you're freaked out right now, but I'm her daughter," said Faith, sighing. But it seemed that the manager had already acknowledged that. "Ah yes, I could recognise those eyes from anywhere," he said, bowing his head. "I am Boswell Askwell, a dear friend of your late mother. The last time I recall seeing her was shortly after you were born. Alas, my dear, your eyes. I know when I see a child that I have seen before when they stand before me. Please ..." He stepped out of the reception desk and told someone to resume his duties. "... follow me. There is much we need to discuss." Faith felt confused, but then she remembered Patricia mentioning a Boswell Askwell. She followed him eagerly towards the lift. "I guess that we do have much to discuss," muttered Faith to him, as the lift doors closed.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Matthias came apon the scene of his dad, bug eyed in disbelief.
"What in the world happened?"his dad shouted.

"There were these two guys, and they were looking for something, and.."

"Sh! Hold on Matt! What two guys?"

"These two guys in suits and they were looking for something. They destroyed your bedroom."

His dad put a hand to his forehead.

"How could this happen?"

Matthias pulled out the file from behind his back.

"Dad? What's this?"

He held up the Shanti Virus file.

"Where did you find that?" he said as he rudely snatched away the file from his hand.

"It was on your floor. In your bedroom. Dad? What's going on?"

"Don't worry Matt. It doesn't concern you"

"I don't care. What's going on?"

"Matthias ,enough! You have no reason to know!"

"Why not?"

"Because I said so!"

Matthias had had enough of his dad's secrets

"I don't care! You need to tell me!"

"No I don't!"

"Why don't you ever tell me what's going on? Why am I always the one who just follows orders and does nothing?"

"Well, that's how it is Matthias. I'm the adult, and I..."

"Adult? You....don't act like an adult. You barely pay attention to me! I'm sick of it!" Matthias walked out the door, furious.

"Matthias! Where are you going?"

"Away from you!"

Matthias continued his frustrated walk down the street. Little did Matthias know that was the last time he would ever see his dad.

Last edited:

Azazel

OOC: Very nice posts guys. I'm gonna go back and read them all now 0_o

IC:

"Were you just listening?" She asked the kid.
"I just told you why we were going to New York. Maybe I can get some answers about this virus there"

"We need a car. Unless of course you would like to walk all the way there... But. Where are we gonna find a car at? The whole world is close to extinct. It'll be a miracle if we see a car around here..."

"Unless. I know a warehouse around here. Maybe we can find a car there"

Hanabi had led Zach to an old abandoned warehouse near and old part of town.

"This place was used for making sheet metal" Hanabi exclaimed, looking at the boy's puzzled face

Hanabi led Zach in a complicated maze through the warehouse, searching for something that could get them where they needed to go. Finally after about 30 minutes of aimlessly searching through the building she found an old green van. The windows were shattered and one of the tires were flat.

"Zach" She said, taking out a flask of water from her back pocket

"Turn this into air, and fill that tire up!"​

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex leaned back as he rode in the taxi. The sun was shining brightly through the window into his eyes. He moved over to the other side of the seat and glanced at the taxi driver. He was an indian man with short curly hair. He aslo had a beard and a mustache.

"Do I know you from somewhere. You look familiar."

"No sir, this is the first time I've seen you."

He didnt know what it was but something was familiar about the taxi driver.
He arrived at the dock to the statue.

"Just buy a boat ticket and they will take you to the Statue of Liberty, sir. You owe me 15 dollars."

Alex paid the taxi driver and got out the car. The taxi driver drove off. He checked his wallet to see if he had any money left. All he had was a 20 dollar bill. He looked at the sign and it would take half of his money just to buy a boat ticket.

"I guess I came all this way for nothing. If I want to eat I'll have to save my money."

Alex wanted to go back to the diner to talk to the fat man but it was too far away. He figured that he would walk back to the hotel to save money and look around the city while he did it. He arrived at the hotel about 30 minutes later. He went up to his room and found the door to be open. Inside he could hear people talking.

"He should be here." said one voice.

"Let's just leave and come back when he's sleep." said the other.

"No, we will wait here for him."

"I'm leaving"

"No, you are not! The only reason you was released was to follow my orders and that is what you will do."

At that moment Alex recognized one of the voices. It was the voice of Alfred Cunning.

Athel

Machinist
Zach grabbed the bottle and focused. His mind went blank and he appeared to be visualizing the water molecule's from the inside. He walked up to several hydrogen atoms and touched them. They turned hotter and began moving faster and faster. He did this process to several of the atoms until the water had turn into air.

He finally exited from the molecular level and regained his conscience. He opened his eyes and handed Azazel the bottle.

"No prob."​

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Matthias had no idea what he was doing. He just knew he couldn't stand his dad controlling him anymore. He loved his dad, but he couldn't take it any more. He just walked. It was 6:45 in the evening. He saw a park out in the distance. As he got closer, he saw an odd looking fellow in some weird clothes and a hood. A bit scary looking. Oh well. He was heading the opposite direction he was. He was really angry at his dad. He leaned on a street light and put his hand on it. He began to feel a very gentle tingling sensation. Suddenly, it become a huge sensation and traveled to his hand. A light escaped from his hand and trveled up the street light into the bulb. The street lamp bulb exploded. A small shower of sparks flew to the ground. He looked at his hand. His hand had small bolts of electricity surrounding it. They quickly faded. He was stunned. He had seen the exact same thing around his hand when a bully tried to punch him a while ago. He put his hand up. He streched his arm out toward a tree. He tensed his mucsles and a large bolt of electricty shot out and struck the tree, setting it on fire at the base of trunk. He quickly ran to the park fountain and grabbed some water in his hands and tossed it on the fire. He looked at his hand and tensed his muscles again,but not as hard. This time the lightning came to his hand and stood there. It was a magnificent ball of orbiting electricity.

Last edited:

Azazel

OOC: Lol, I think I'm quiet caught up

"Great" She said, smiling at Zach. As soon as Hanabi stepped into the van, her stomach turned. A foul odor lingered around the van, burning her nostrils.

"What the hell is that?" Hanabi said sniffing around with disgust. She quickly came to the back of the van. There was a large cooler under one of the back seats. This. This is where that stench was coming from. Hanabi quickly opened the cooler, not knowing of what it contained.

The girl's eyes widened as the cooler top slung open. The strong stench of a rotting corpse overpowered the oxygen that was in the van. Inside the cooler was of course, a corpse. But not just any corpse. It was the corpse of a little girl. She had to be about 7 years old.

The virus? No. The virus doesn't kill like this. The little girl's body was mutilated and her eyeballs lay beside her, connected to her socket by a mere vein. Plus, why would she be in a cooler if someone hadn't killed her.

It didn't really matter right now. All that mattered was getting to New York. Hanabi kicked the cooler out of the van, and quickly shut the back door to try to cover up the smash of the cooler, so Zach wouldn't notice.

Finally. The two of them were on their way to New York.

Surprised. Angry. Confused. This is everything Hanabi felt when she left her small town. People. There were people. Way more people than she expected. Way more people than she had seen on the television.

She thought that the whole world was basically extinct. Had her whole life been a lie? Had her whole life been monitored?

"We're on our way, Zach" Hanabi said to the little boy, to cover up the shocked look on her face​

Athel

Machinist
Zach looked at the cooler that laid beside the van.
"What could have Hanabi seen that freaked her out so much?" he thought.

He sat in the passenger seat of the van. The dashboard had cracks and the odometer was busted. Not much, but it'll get us to New York.

Zach saw an old cellphone lying next to the emergency brake. He picked it up. Somehow it still had some battery power. He picked it up and turned it on. He clicked '*-6-9' and heard the phone ring. He looked at the call it was being sent to.

Primatech Paper, Odessa TX

He handed the phone to Hanabi nervously. "Look!"​

OOC: '*-6-9' makes a phone call the last number that called you.

Azazel

Hanabi chuckled when she looked at the caller id.

"What are you doing calling a paper company?" She said jokingly.
What is it? A strange voice replied over the phone
"Sorry. I dialed the wrong number"
Oh

It was impossible to dial that number by accident. There was a complicated number sequence that had to be entered. Plus Hanabi's voice sounded very familiar

Well, we get that alot. We have a very common number. Heh
"Yeah. Okay. Well, sorry for interrupting you. Bye" Hanabi replied, hanging up the phone

Did you trace it?
Yes...

"Look how old this phone is? And now the battery's dead..." Hanabi said, throwing the phone out of the window

"I'm gonna need my rest, if I'm to drive all the way there" She said, pulling into a hotel.
"And you're looking a little tired yourself, kid" She added nudging the boy with her elbow

Hanabi parked the van in the back of the hotel. She picked up a rock that was lying on the ground. In a few seconds the rock turned to a small diamond rock. She had gotten relatively good at her power. And also very good at lying, as she had to explain to the hotel clerk why she was paying for their room with a solid diamond rock

"I'm waking you up early. So no playing around, you hear me? Straight to bed" Hanabi lectured Zach as she opened the door to their hotel room

3:00 AM
A turn of the door handle rang through the silent room as the two of them lay asleep, unaware that someone's hand was on their door handle​

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Leaving the lift doors on the twenty-third floor, Faith followed Boswell into a large hotel room that was fit for any A-list celebrity. "Your mother's favourite room," said Boswell, as if he had read Faith's mind, which he hadn't obviously. "She took a liking to New York and always came to this hotel when she was on business." Faith looked at him confused. On business? What did he mean by that? "Ah, so then you weren't told?" asked Boswell, crossing his arms after shutting the door behind them. "Your mother owned her own company over seventeen years ago. As a matter of fact, it was your father's. After they met, they joined together to run it. It was a toy company, I believe, but I think it could have been used for much more than that. I believe your parents had more potential than creating toys fit for children."

I can't really say anything, thought Faith. She had already read his thoughts; he wasn't with The Company and he did seem to know her mother.I never knew Mum or Dad. Patricia refused to tell me anything, so Boswell is my only chance. She eyed him closely. "So how close would you say that you were to my parents?" Boswell looked at her suspicious. "Please don't take it the wrong way, sir. I ... my godmother never talked about my parents. She forbid me to even mention their names. And then when I found out something really terrible, I made a run for it ..." Boswell nodded, but knew she couldn't carry on talking. "You must be exhausted," he said. "I've heard about your little travels along the world, Faith. Spain, Japan ... it must be breathtaking. But there's also something else." He whispered in her ear. "I know what you can do, Faith. Your mother was the same as was your father."

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex wondered how Alfred could have found him. He tried to remember if he left any clues to where he would be and none popped into his head. Alex didnt didnt even know he was gonna be in this hotel. Alex quitely walked into the room.

"I hear something"

Alex quickly vanished into his shadow.

"Who was there?" asked Alfred.

"How am I supposed to know. I control ice, I dont have super hearing."

Even though Alex was hiding in his shadow he could still hear them talking. Ice, he has the ablility to control ice. That kept going through Alex's mind. He thought that The Company didnt use people with abilities to help with missions anymore.

"I know you're there Alex. Hiding in a shadow. I know how your mind works. You think that you will just hide here in the shadows until we leave but that wont happen."

That was what Alex had thought about doing. It sickend him to know that Alfred knew how he would think. Alex stepped out of his shadow in front of Alfred and the other guy.

"How did you find me?"

"Havent you learned by now that We will always find who we are looking for." Alfred gave an evil smile.

"Why is this guy helping you. I thought those with abilities couldnt be trusted and were locked away."

"The one's who run The Company thought that, just this once, I could use some help."

"I have a name" said the guy who could control ice. "It's Salem. So stop calling me 'guy'. "

"Salem, was released just to help me capture you. It's a deal that we have."

Alex looked at Salem. He was shorter than Alex. He had blonde hair with a cap on backwards and icey blue eyes. He was dressed like a pro skater and had his lip pierced. Alex could not imagine why someone with abilities would help the people that locked him and others like him away.

"You can get all the help you want, but I still wont be caught."

Alex raised his shadow from the ground and positioned it in front of him.

"So it's a fight you want huh."

The room got cold and ALex looked at Salem. It was abvious that he was causing the drop in temperature. Parts of Salem's body began to harden to where only his hands and his feet were frozen solid like ice.

"Let's begin."

Novei

"Hello sir," greeted Dani with a cautious note in her british accent before asking, "Is everyone in here, alright? I'm not a cop or anything," she explained holding her hands up innocently before calming down and stating, "I just worry somebodiy might have gotten hurt, what iwth all the glass int he street." She really was, genuinely concerned, yet this man's appearance was a bit startling before she suggested, "and if anybody from somethign called hte company comes, could you please not say anything about meeting me," she asked as quietly as she could. However the fear crept into her voice, no matter how she struggled against it. While she was running from the company, she still hadn't learned to be as cautious as she should be when it comes ot them.

Number XIV

Automated doors slid open before Erik as he stepped into the building. He invoked his Cyberkinesis, quickly hacking into the hotel's security system. Things were all quiet, and he had arrived in between guard shifts, just as planned. He pulled a few quick hacks, switching the security camera feeds with previous footage from their databases- that way, they would never see anything, but wouldn't figure it out until it was too late. He sent an easy-to-handle virus to the reception desk computers for a distraction, and then headed for the elevators.

"The hell? Charlie, help me with this damn thing!" swore one of the clerks, trying unsucessfully to work his computer. A security guard and several other employees rushed over, and Erik slipped into the staff-only elevator unnoticed. He snapped his fingers, and the elevator began to move, faster than it was designed to. It drifted to a stop, and Erik stepped out, using his powers to send it down to a lower floor, and activate the emergency fire alert on the elevator.

Safe. He walked through the security office for this floor- empty- and stepped out into hall. He was here, of course, on business- there was an exchange of cash going on in this hotel, and he wanted in. And by "in", he meant to steal everything and run. Suddenly, he heard a voice from down the hall.

"Let's begin." A blast of ice shot out through the open door, coating the wall. Son of a bitch! thought Erik, moving toward the room in question. If these guys get security sent up here, the job's impossible. I've got to end their fight before it begins. With a grim smile, he jacked into the hotel's air conditioning. Finding the room with the ice-man, he raised the temperature up, up, up... up past the limits of the system.

"One hundred fifty degrees," he grinned sadistically. With that, he snapped his fingers, triggering an overload of all the outlets in the room. They would burst, sending bolts of electricity all over. Sometimes, he just loved being himself. Most of the time, really.

((OOC: Think fast, Vexond!))

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Salem through a blast of ice towards Alex's shadow. The shadow absorb it and shot it towards the door.

"I know you can do better than that."

Alex ran towards Alfred while having his shadow attack Salem.

"I'm tired of you following me." he said as he punched Alfred in the face. ALex's shadow was across the room fighting Salem. Salem let a out an icy breathe aimed for Alex. The breathe went past his shadow and froze everything in its path. Then suddenly it stopped.

"What!"

Salem was shocked and so was Alex. The room started to heat up. Everything that was frozen by Salem's breathe began to warm up. The ice began to melt on Salem's hands and feet. Then a loud boom was heard and the lights began to flicker on and off.

"Something must have caused the heater to overload and burst. Let's leave Salem, we can find him some other time."

"But if I dont kill him the deal will be off."

"No it wont, you are under my orders now lets go."

Alfred and Salem ran out of the room. Alex was getting real hot.

"It feels like its hundreds of degrees in here." Alex was getting dizzier by the second, he felt as if he would pass out.

Azazel

Hanabi quickly jumped from her bed, listening in on the throttle of the doorknob. She slowly moved towards the doorknob, watching the shadow under the door shake back and forth.

Hanabi reached for the doorknob, her heart almost beating out of her chest. She quickly opened the door. But somehow, someway, the front of the hotel was deserted.

"Zach. Get up. Now!" She said, yelling at the boy as she grabbed the keys to the van from the nightstand table.

The two of them quickly left the hotel parking lot.

"No more stops"

Hanabi stuck to her word, not stopping until she reached New York

Manhattan
Exit 24
5 Miles
4 Miles
3 Miles
2 Miles
1 Mile

*Boom* *Crash*

Hanabi's head violently shook back and forth as a black truck rammed the van from behind, causing them to run into a guard-rail​

Number XIV

Erik didn't try to stop the two men as they ran out of the room. Rather, he kindly stepped out of the way, before hacking the security system to report them as they ran into an elevator. He didn't care about justice or anything, he just wanted a good distraction for the guards. Stepping into the room, he spotted a kid there, staggering in the heat. He grabbed him by the lapels, and hauled him out of the room, dropping him onto the floor of the hall. A moment later, the heater exploded, smashing up the room, and causing a terrible din.

"Damn. I better hurry." He glanced at the boy with interesting. He was breathing, that was enough. Erik heard the footsteps of guards as they ran up the stairs nearby, and he grinned. "Adios, kid!" he laughed, and ran off down the hall. He burst into the security office... and this time, two guards were in it. Damn.

With a swing of his hand, the monitors behind the guards exploded. The men fell forward, dropping their pistols, and Erik quickly drew his. He had already called the elevator, and as he stepped backward into it, he fired a bullet into the control panel, so they wouldn't call for backup. "Better luck next time, gentlemen," he grinned. The doors closed, and the elevator dropped to the ground floor quickly. As the doors flew open, he hid his gun, and stepped out. Guards were blocking access to the regular elevators, and tons of people were milling about in confusion and curiosity. He spotted a man running for the exit, carrying a briefcase- his target. He stepped in the way, and shoved the gun into the man's chest.

"Uh-" gasped the man, freezing in place. Erik motioned, and the man handed him the suitcase. "I- I gave you the money. Now go, or I'll scream."

Erik looked at the man, his eyes narrowing. "You don't threaten me," he hissed. With a snap of his fingers, he shut off the man's pacemaker. Then he slipped into the crowd, and once safely outside, turned it back on. All in a day's work.

Athel

Machinist
Zach jerked in his chair. "What was that?" he shouted.
He messed with his belt for a few seconds and then got out of the van.

He walked up to the drivers side door.
"Are you insane!? You drove into us!"​

Azazel

As Hanabi approached the truck, she noticed something horrific

"Zach. Get away from there. Now!"

Hanabi quickly ran over to the truck and opened the driver's door. A body fell out of the truck right in front of her feet. She noticed a gunshot wound in the back of the man's head

"What the hell is going on?!" Hanabi screamed in frustration
"Zach. Come one. Get in the truck!" She added, kicking the man's body from under the car's wheel.

Time Square. As long as she made it there she was safe. The Company is powerful, but not risky enough to enter Rebellion territory...​

Athel

Machinist
Zach looked over Hanabi's shoulder at the dead body leaning out the truck.
"No..." he thought.

As Hanabi got back in the van, Zack looked over the dead man and saw two files. He reached over and grabbed them. They were...

"What..." he held the files up. "What's going on..."
He ran back to the van and set one of the files on Hanabi's lap.

"Look! It's..." He pointed to the name on the label of the file. "..you."​

Last edited:

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex woke in the hall. He saw a man running away from him as he heard the gaurds coming towards him. He was still a little dizzy. Alex retreated into his shadow to escape. He rose out of the ground in an alley way. He leaned against the wall of a building thinking about what happened. He couldnt remember who the man was that help him out of his room.

"Why did he help me."

Alex got up.

"I need to find somewhere to sleep. I dont have a hotel room anymore."

He walked out of the alley and into the rush of the city. He looked around to see if he could find Alfred or Salem and wasnt having any luck. He made it a park where kids were having fun playing around. He wondered how it must feel to not know whats going on in the world like the little kids. He sat on the park bench and his stomach started to growl.

"Why am I always hungry."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back