• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Heroes: Genesis (~RP~)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azazel

The Company's grip on the world has literally become ridiculous. They run the media. The government. Some say, they even run the minds of every citizen that's survived the Shanti Virus.

The Rebellion

But of course, there's always rebellion. A small group of 3 unknown extraordinary humans cause mischief and mayhem for The Company. Saving anyone whenever they can. Thwarting them anytime they have the chance.

Merciless. Maniacal. Powerful. These words are very descriptive when it comes to The Company. They will stop at nothing to get what they want. And anyone who stands in their way will simply be erased from existence.

Company Headquarters:
Odessa Texas

Did you bring her?
"She had help..."​
The Rebellion?
"Who else?"​
They are really starting annoy me
"Is there anything else you would like me to do?"​
No. You may go
What are you gonna do now?
Don't worry. She'll come to me.... they all will
--------------------------
OOC: I'll let you guys start it off...​

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex stopped to rest. He was exhausted from running. The panting of his breathe was loud as he leaned on a tree to rest.
It was a cloudy night and no trace of moonlight could be seen.

"I should have paid more attention to my mom when she was trying to teach me to control my powers. Without moonlight creating shadows , I cant travel through shadows. I wish my mom had taught me how to create my own shadows."

"We can teach you...if you let us. We can help you better develope your umbrakinesis."

Alex eyes widened. The person he was running from caught up to him.He recognized that voice. It was a strang voice that sounded as if someone had to cough but couldnt. Alex turned around.

"You. I should have figured they would send you to get me."

"Well Alex, we have a past together, you and I, and The Company thought I would be the perfect person to bring you in. You have been telling others with abilities to fear us. Why? All we want to do is help them"

"You liar. I never told them to fear The Company. The few that I have helped feared you guys way before they bumped into me."

Alex gave the man an evil look. The man's name was Alfred Cunning. He was an old man about Alex's height with grey hair. This was the same man that taught Alex's mom how to control her powers and the same man that caught Alex's mom and turned her in to The Company.

"I dont need people without powers telling me how to control my own. I'll just learn how to myself."

Alex looked up. He could see the clouds moving out of the moon's path.

"That's the same thing your mother said when I first found her. Dont you want to see your mother agian Alex."

"Yeah, but I still wont go with you. I'll see my mom when I break into The Company and rescue her."

"What makes you think she wants to be rescued."

Alfred stepped closer to Alex and reached into his pocket.

"I dont want to do this to you but my orders were to bring your body to Them. They didnt say you had to be alive. I'm sorry but it has to be this way to better man kind."

Alfred pulled out a gun and pointed it towards Alex. The clouds covering the moonlight was gone and shadows of trees appeared. Allowing Alex to escape.

"Sorry old man," Alex smiled " but it looks like this time you wont get to complete your mission. "

Alex closed his eyes and in that instant the shadow of the tree Alex was leaning on swallowed his body.

Alfred let out a sigh and shook his head.

"When will that boy learn."

OCC: I hope that was a good start for my character. I couldnt think of anything else.

Last edited:

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
A cold night for a cold event. . .

Damien, or Gabriel as he now called himself, carelessly walked through an alley, kicking anything that caught his attention. At the end of it he paused and looked to his right, then his left, quickly. Above him, a street light flickered on and off, illuminating him for fractions of seconds at a time. He then proceeded to cross the street, appearing to be skipping along and warping across it in an old movie type style. Darkness enveloped him again as he entered the next alley, and he repeated the process. This was done for nearly half of an hour, until he came to one particular street. The light above was stable and bright. It lit the entire block, and now he was completely visible.

From the black shoes, thick, baggy blue jeans, and black sweatshirt, was the ever-so-conspicuous hood. It obscured the sight of his face that was bare, leaving only a gas mask for visual possibility. The mask itself was also black, blending in with his entire person. At the top of it, two circular lenses were situated for him to see from. The rings poked out slightly, producing a slight bug-eyed look. Below, a large muzzle cylinder protruded, and from that, another one on right side of it. In a rhythm, a deep foggy smoke exhaled from the side cylinder, expanding and dissipating into the night air, broken within moments by the light above. During the inhale, a slight sound of air being sucked into a small tube was made. On the left side of the main cylinder was a capped nub. Overall, his appearance was very sleek, very suspicious, and very malignant.

Continuing, he crossed the street and found his way to a boarded apartment building. Taking a hand from his jacket pocket, he slapped the wood, looked to the ground, and began to breath heavier. The exhaled fog was more occurring, and pushed out of the mask faster than before. Within moments, the wood burned an orange red, black, then gray and fell to the ground as ash. The event spread throughout the planks, one by one as he touched them, and cleared the wooden door. For the door itself he grabbed the handle. It turned a bright red and he opened it. As he did, liquid poured from the deadlock slot in the frame. He had melted it.

Inside was dark. It was convenient, but still not the best cover. For what he was up against, he'd need every bit of aloofness he could get. With that in mind, he stopped in the maroon-themed lobby and disappeared, completely invisible. Then, just as he had, quiet, small footsteps ran in a string to the door on the left, which, judging by the plaque on it, was to the staircase. It opened, making a pitching squeal, and closed behind the steps.

On the sixth floor he opened the door as silently as he could, stepping into the rugged hallway. Immediately to his right he spotted the door; room one hundred fifteen. A small, scared voice could be heard from within it. He approached, and like the front door of the complex, melted the locks. Then, he opened it, casually walking inside, completely unnoticeable by visual means.

In the living room was a woman. She was relatively young, perhaps twenty four as he was, and good looking. A nice body, cute face, and beautiful brunette hair. On the couch, she swayed back and forth, forward and backward, cupping her head in her hands. Whispers fluidly escaped her, and from what he could tell, were of her fears. He walked around her, still listening to the cries and wishes for redemption. Nearing her back, he became visible again, losing concentration. However, it didn't matter. She was too occupied to notice the deadly figure behind her. Taking a knife from his pocket, he cautiously took the blade from the handle, showing an extending, five inch long, jagged knife. Cocking his arm back and above his head, he swung, plunging the knife into the back of her neck.

A cold night for a cold event. . .

Novei

Dani watched the sky roll by as the dark blue pick-up she'd hitched a ride on pitched forward along the smooth road. She would have slept, if not for how if she fell asleep, her power would not alert her to any danger. That was the one set-back and the one thing she was jealous of this american comic book character called "Arachnid-man" or some such thing and his spider-sense. If that guy was in danger, he'd wake up and be moving, but unless she was awake, Dani wouldn't see it coming.

It had only been a few weeks since she was forced to abandon her home in Miami for the open-road with whoever she could hitch a ride with...however most merely made rude comments as to letting her go anywhere she wanted if she allowed them the use of her body for lewd things. With a shudder, she murmured under her breath, so her oh-so-generous ride wouldn't hear her, "Perverted yankees." She loved the states, but was still a Brit at heart, and would never let that out of her mind.

Her best friend, who she would have trusted with her life, had always wondered about how Dani could tell when the best surfs were coming up, as well as when bad weather was coming. Finally when she came clean, her supposed best friend, hadn't taken the news all that well. As heartless as it might seem, she couldn't even remember her name for hte life of her, and didn't much care to...if americans were that close-minded, than why had she ever left the United Kingdom in the first place?

Suddenly she remembered how her parents, at least her mother's side of the family, had forsaken her as a lost cause with all of her preferance for diverse cultures, and use of american "slang," she believed was the word. Only by moving to live with her father's family could she hope any sort of living, however when she arrived, she'd discovered the man had long-since passed away, as had most of his family. Only his mother was alive at the time, and left everything to Dani so she could at least get some american accepted credentials to work. But that all seemed so long ago as she watched the clouds roll by, when suddenly her back gave one tight cold clench. She knew what that meant, and signally to her rides, she found herself let off but a few miles from a large city which was the other way down the road, and was luckily the exact opposite direction that her feelign of "bad juju" as that kind grandmother of hers would have said.

Calmly she headed for it, marvelling at how large it seemed, even at this distance. If her eyesight wasn't her failing her, she could see a massive statue of some sort, shaped like a woman, which meant she'd finally made it to the city of New York, where a man who studied this sort of thing supposedly lived. If she could meet him, then maybe she could get help controlling her ability to sense directly where a person was coming.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
It was 3:53 after school and Matthias was walking home. As usual, by himself. Matthias had never really had any friends. He was known as "The quiet kid" at school. He was a very shy individual.He looked up at the sky to see a mix of orange and greyish blue and a lick of pink in the center of a beautiful sunset. Something as beautiful as that made him think of his mom. She had died when he was very young. He barely knew her. He continued walking. It was really hard on his dad when his mom had died. It had caused his dad to become less open to him. He was shy because of the fact that his dad had always made him do everything his way. He didn't really know how to live his own way.
As Matthias was finishing walking down a block, he began turning a corner and a bush rustled. It startled him. Suddenly, a boy with bright blonde hair, brown eyes, blue jeans, and a flanel shirt popped out.
"Hey, Matt! Did I scare ya?"

It was Ian. Matthias's only true friend. They had met becasue of a science project. They were assisgned partners and they were paired together. They had been friends ever since.

"Hey, Ian. What's with trying to freak me out?"

"Aw it's nothing. Just playing with you. So, how much homework you have tonight?"

"Just my math. 15 problems. Not much."

"Aw, lucky. I still have to do my book report. I forgot to do it and I have to finish it tonight." said Ian.
"Well, I have to get home Ian. Bye!"

"See ya, Matt!".

Ian walked across the street. Matthias continued down the street. Ian was such a good friend. Matthias needed more friends, but it was hard for him. He wasn't very social at all. Girls always stared at him and were amazed at how quiet he was. Boys mostly made fun of him because of his silence. It was hard for him. Really hard.
He was almost home. He could see his house from where he was. It was a normal 2-story house. It had a white picket fence in front of it. He opened the fence and walked to the front door. There was a note on the front door.

"Dear Matt,
Sorry, but I'll be home a little late tonight. Just microwave some leftovers in the fridge.

Matthias walked into the house. It was a mess. Something was wrong. His dad was a very clean and orderly man. He heard footsteps upstairs. Someone else was in the house. He heard voices and crept over to the stairs.

".....you find anything yet?"
"No. I don't think it's here. Maybe he keeps it at his office."
"We need to confront him personally and get it."

Get what? His dad never had anything that important. Had he got some promotion and got a classified file? Suddenly, the footsteps were coming downstairs. Matthias dove behind a couch before they saw him. He saw two figures apparently in suits walk out the front door. He breathed a sigh of relief.

Last edited:

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
Shanti-Day

That’s what some of the people around him had called this day, ever since the Shanti Virus had hit… After the mass decimation of the worldly population, those that remained had reverently transformed the once relaxing day into a memorial for the dead… It was beautiful sometimes, to see the hundreds of people gathering out among the city streets, dressed entirely in black to commemorate the sadness brought from the deaths of all those people… Like a sea of inky shadows, they twisted among the streets; a few singing songs of mourning, and a fire flames lighting up as they lit banners in their honor. The smell of burning incense drifted in through a few open windows, and even those who were not participating, leaned out of their doors to bow their heads in respect… It was eerie in a way, like the atmosphere itself was heavy with the pressure of the memories and reverence held in this single place… A single moment of spirituality, in which the entire city block was united… This was majestic… This was beautiful…

“This is crap!” shouted a single, ringing voice, which was fortunately blown away by a sudden gust of wind. The voice suddenly transformed into a muffled swearword as the particularly vengeful torrent of air carried the sounds of tinkling glass far over the crowd. A window shut with an angry thud, and high up on the twentieth floor of his simple apartment, Evan Lastings was rubbing his head slightly, brushing small fragments of glass out of his short, brown, hair, the strands releasing the shiny pieces with the ease of swindling money from a simpleton.

“And there goes the second window this month,” he muttered, staring at the shattered window with more annoyance then pain. The damn wind had to push the open window frame right into his head, where it had instantly smashed through… He cautiously stepped forward a bit more, not caring much about the small shards of glass he was stepping upon with his bare feet. In fact, they escaped his attention as he stared through the broken window to the street below. Fortunately, the larger pieces of glass that had fallen outward had landed in the empty sidewalk beneath the apartment, and Evan could barely see the twinkling sparkles far, far below… Well at least that was a relief…

“She’s not going to like this,” he thought aloud, bending over and carelessly scooping up the fragments of glass on the ground and hurling them haphazardly into a small waste-basket on the other end of the room. The glass made a light crunching noise as he tossed them into the basket, and he sighed as he stood, glancing around the carpet for any other possible remains of the glass… “Eh, I’ll go over it with a vacuum later…” he muttered, turning his gaze back to his small apartment. It was a relatively nice one, with a plain brown sofa and TV set in this portion of the room, a four person dining table with plain wooden chairs surrounding it like the petals of a single flower. The kitchen was separated only by a single counter, and the single bedroom for two people lay akin to that. The covers were tussled; the evidence of a previously interesting evening, but currently it was unoccupied, cold from the lack of warm bodies to occupy it… That would change soon, thought Evan, smiling slightly as he envisioned the coming night… She would be here soon… However, he doubted she would enjoy spending the night in an apartment with a smashed hole in one of the windows…
He had a couple of minutes… He walked over to a small closet hiding on the side of the dining room, and opened it easily. His eyes and hands rummaged slightly over the variety of things inhabiting the disarray within, but eventually his palms closed upon the object he was searching for. Withdrawing a large wooden board, he hoisted it easily over one shoulder, and returning to the broken window, placed it easily over the shattered hole. This would at least keep the wind from entering his apartment… and he had no fear of burgulars at twenty floors up… However, there were those strange men in the suits…

No. He had shaken them off. He would not be haunted by those suits again… He had given up his house, and very nearly, his wife. He would not let that happen again. Shaking his head, he grabbed his plain black jacket from the coat hook and slung it over his shoulder, easing it one with swiftness accurate of the average American. She wouldn’t be home for an hour or so. He would have time to go out and buy a new window before she got home….

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Matthias looked around the house. The floor was full of boring files that Matthias didn't understand. What were those two men looking for? It didn't make sense. He went upstairs. His dad's room was destroyed. The bed was even ripped up. He walked slowly through the room inspecting everything they had ruined.
A certain paper on the floor suprised him. He picked it up. It had some info on the Shanti Virus. Matthias had heard that mentioned on the news. It was incredibly deadly. The paper was filled with strange code except a photo papercliped to the lefthand corner of the paper. It was a photo of apparently the Shanti Virus image under a microscope. It was a large grouping of greenish orbs that looked like cells. They had some strange purple lining in them. That must've been the virus part of it that was so deadly. Suddenly, the front door opened downstairs and he heard a loud gasp. His dad was home. He ran downstairs.

Last edited:
Cambodia, harvesting all the orphans I can.
Aiden walked up and down the stairs of his house. It had been exactly a year since the Company had taken not only his father, but his mother and sister as well. 'Today's that day, exactly a year ago. So much went wrong' he thought to himself. 'First I find that my family had been captured by The Company....but not to long after that the Shanti Virus was released.' Aiden looked at the broken picture on the wall. It was of him and his family. His mother looked at the camera with a fake smile, trying to hide the fact that her son was causing so much trouble in the picture. 'What a day.' he thought, staring at the picture. His father was jumping up to grab Aiden. His sister, sitting at the bottom of the picture, trying to be the little princess she portrayed when their parents were around.

Aiden had a squirt gun in his hands, and was squirting the camera. It was one crazy day. That was a week before his life went downhill. Aiden looked around his house. It was trashed....he hadn't touched it since the day his family was abducted. At the time he had very little control over his power, but could create the basic wormhole. The two men broke in, and began to throw everything on the ground, and basically destroyed his home. They took his sister, knocked out his mother, and had a gun pointed at his father's face. He had just enough time to slip through the worm hole and escape. Ever since he blamed the whole event on himself.

'I could have saved them.' he thought, placing a hand on the picture on the wall. Aiden walked down the stares. In the short year that had passed, he had trained with his power everyday, in hopes of breaking into the company and taking his family. But there were many complications with that. 'They would most likely have some sort of security system that would block out my powers.....and I don't even know if they're alive.' Aiden walked outside and looked around. 'Gotta keep an eye out for any Company men.' he thought. Aiden walked down the steps of his house, and down onto the sidewalk of New York. "Today should be a beautiful day."

Last edited:

Novei

"Wow! New York City," she murmured under her breath, marvelling at the strangness of the place. All of the yellow "taxis" driving far ahead of the speed-limit, if she guaged it right. Officers were driving so fast she couldn't even see them as they went after both speeders, that weren't taxis, & car-jackers alike. She'd lived in Miami long enough to know about htis sort of thing, but it still fascinated her how hustle and bustle they all were! However, in one area of the city, all of the cars were parked just at the edge, none daring go near people were gathered in black. Her expression was curious as her bright, dusty blonde hair caught int he wind. The green beads caught the light and she noticed a few people wince. "Sorry," she apologized lightly as she walked away, sneaking into a doorway, trying to feel for anything dangerous.
She suddenly heard a loud cry of, "This is crap," echoed by the wind. Looking down at the ground, she spotted a bunch of glass shards. "Well now...what's this?" she thought aloud at the shining sight, her eyes wide as she tried to figure out where it had come from, when she spotted a shattered window a few floors up. "I wonder whoever could have done that," she decided to keep to her inner thoughts as she journeyed inside, wanting to make certain nobody was hurt by whatever shattered the window.
Her spine was feeling normal, yet it felt normal when she'd told her friend about her gift as well, and that ended terribly. The one thing she'd learned was that while her sense could predict danger, it didn't do so one-hundred percent of the time. She thought she'd counted properly, as to the floors & knocked on a random door on the floor, unaware of how it was the door three over to her left which held the place with a broken window.

Mordecai

And The Hero Fails
Website
www.google.com
The villain. . .

The room was still dark, even though morning had come hours ago. Light attempted to break in and pass the curtains, but it was hindered by the opaque fabric, ultimately illuminating the room just barely with an orange, dawn glow. Furniture had been moved messily to the side of the living room; the table was flipped on to it's side, held up on by two of it's four legs, against a wall; the couch that the woman had been sitting on the night before was pushed to the opposite side of the room; a large lounging chair had been situated to tightly secure the door closed, to give out an alarming alert of intruders when the door pushed against it.

Gabriel himself was in the middle of the room, hunched over in a very creature-like manner. His head anxious jerked up, then slowly bobbed, and went down again. Snarls and slight coughs came from him as he ferociously worked on something with his mouth. Under the dark orange glow, he squatted, over the body of the woman from the night before. Her face was blanched, eyes popping out but still without life, and her hands blue. At the top of her skull, a line formed, dark red, and then there was nothing. An open head with nearly nothing inside of it. What was left, however, was being picked up by Gabriel and pitched into his mouth after examining each piece. As his head jerked up once more, a vision flushed through him and sent him up to his feet. His eyes tried to shut as hard as they could to prevent seeing this horrible image, but he couldn't shake it. Jennifer, lying in his bed, dead, appearing the same way this young woman did. He stumbled to the wall left of the front door and slouched over, holding himself up by his arms on the paint. His fingers curved toward it, scratching at the white surface until one of his nails began to bleed. Then, pushing himself away from the wall, he hunched over and choked on his own air. A small portion of what he had just ate flowed from his mouth and splattered on to the floor, leaving him grieving, and coughing up more.

When he had recovered from his gruesome expedition, he searched through each drawer and cabinet until he found a knife. Leaning over the sink, the blade ran across his arm, blood seeping through the wound and forming over the blade as it slid. He watched, confused, then disappointed. Nothing happened but the crimson milk that was pouring out of his forearm. Frightened, he ran through the entire apartment, searching for a bathroom. When he had found it, he retrieved a towel and patted his arm with it. After minutes of holding on to his arm and regretting what he had done, he lifted it to see the damage. Literally, his arm was beautifully intact, pale white skin just as before, clear as a baby's. He smiled. The oncoming days would be easier, as Damien Victor "Gabriel" Donnelly was practically invincible.

shall rise. . .

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
OOC: Hope this isn't too confusing. Shouldn't be if you've already read Faith's bio.

IC: Faith opened her eyes to find that the train had arrived in New York City. She didn't know whether to feel happy or sad, especially since she'd been running from The Company for the past nine months. Patricia had betrayed her all along and was planning to hand her into them when she had her abilities more under control. As the doors opened, Faith grabbed her bagpack and then stepped into the train station trying to get a read of any Company agents that could be here watching her. But the thoughts belonged to everyday people either worrying about work, their lives or even the world going on around them. At least I don't have to worry about The Company for once, she thought herself. She had nothing left to live for, except for running. She wouldn't let The Company win and get a hold of her. No way on earth.

She walked up the stairs to the surface and out of the train station. Did she even have a plan? Faith knew that it'd be hard to get used to being here. She didn't really have a lot of money right now. Heck, she had used most of her money to get a train from Los Angeles to New York. Before that, she had snuck on to a cruiser and remained hidden; it was something that she was very good at. She should have rightfully been in education still, but what choice did she have? Run, run, run. It was all that she could do. Ever since the Shanti Virus had been unleashed, advanced humans had been to blame. The Company was the ruling body, they were the government. Faith shoved that thought out of her mind and then hurried to get a taxi. "Where to?" asked the driver. "Anywhere," muttered Faith. "Take me to the Apple." And so, the taxi took her to the Apple. After paying the driver twenty dollars, she stepped out and went to sit on a bench.

New York had been different to what Faith had expected. She hadn't ever come to this part of the world before. Having living in England, Japan and Spain in her life, America certainly was full of surprises. She was going to try for a new life here just like she had in Japan and Spain. It was the only way to get through it. Faith carried on sitting on the bench alone wondering about what her dead parents would think right now if they saw her sitting there. Would they be happy that The Company hadn't caught her? Or would they tell her to face The Company head to head? But she lowered her head and a tear trickled down her cheek. For Faith, the end of the world was already here.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex raised from a shadow. It was day time now, early in the morning, the sun was just rising in the east. Alex looked around to see where he was. There was a couple of trees around him but up ahead he could see a sign. He walked towards the sign that had 15 miles to New York on it.

"New York. I never been there before."

Alex started walking in the direction the sign said to get there.

"I might as well work on my powers while I walk"

There was trash everywhere on the road. Cans, bottles, and newspapers dating back to that day the virus was released. Alex picked up some cans and stacked them in the middle of the road.

"Lets see if I can grab them with my shadow."

Alex remembered this traing with his mother. When he first learned of his powers all he could do was travel through his own shadow. His mom taught him how to travel through others shadows and moving objects with shadows was the next step that he couldnt do. His mother made it look easy when she did it but he just couldnt get it.

"Ok, all I have to do is consintrate. Alex was thinking hard. "I have to focus on my shadow and the object and then imagine my shadow picking up the cans."

Alex was trying hard. He stared at the cans thinking about his shadow picking them up. After about 15 minutes of trying he gave up.

Ahhh! He screamed. "I will never be able to do it."

Alex heard a sound in the trees. He turned, examining his surroundings making sure nothing was there.

"Who's there? I know someones there, I heard footsteps."

Alex looked around and walked towards New York. He reached the city's entrance around noon. He had waisted time training his powers and waisted some energy and he was real hungry. The city had people in it but not as many as he would have pictured for New York. He thought it was because the virus had killed so many people. Up ahead he see a neon sign blinking Tony's Burgers. The place didnt look so clean but he was hungry and he didnt see a better place anywhere close. He walked into the diner. The inside was worse than the outside. It had rickity chairs and dirty tables, and the floor was covered in leaves. Only 3 people was in there. 2 men eating together who was staring at Alex and then 1 man behind the counter. Alex walked towards the man.

"What do you what?" asked the man behind the counter.

"Um.....I just want a cheeseburger and a Coke." Alex smiled. The voice of the man sounded a little feminine for this man. The man was somehwhere around 300 pounds and he had a little girls voice. This was funny to Alex.

"Alright. That will be 5 dollars and 21 cents. I will have your food out in about 10 minutes." Alex handed him the money and the man went around back to cook.

The 2 men sitting down raised from their table. They walked over to Alex trapping him in a little circle between them and the table Alex was siiting at. One man pulled out a knife.

"We saw you in the woods, boy." said one man.

"You have powers. We dont like your kind here."

"I havent done anything to you two, so can I just eat and you leave me alone."

"Nope, its your kinds fault that the virus was released."

"No it wasnt. The Company is lying to the world. It's their fault not those with abilities."

"Well I believe the normal people."

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
OCC: It wouldnt let me post my whole thing so I had to double post. Sorry.

The man with the knife swung at Alex. Alex retreated into his shadow and arose from the shadow of the other man. He took a plate from the table and smashed on top of his head. The man fell to the ground. The man with the knife ran towards Alex still swinging but Alex just kept walking backwards dodging until he backed up into the wall. Alex grabbed the hand with the knife to stop the man from killing him and punched him in the stomach with his other fist. Alex tried to run but the man he hit earlier grabbed his feet and tripped him. The man then held him down to the floor as the other man came over.

"You will pay for releasing the virus and killing my family."

"It wasnt me who did it." he yelled. Alex closed his eyes. He sank into his shadow accidently bringing the man that was holding him down with him. He rised from another shadow without the man. Alex was startled. He never traveled through shadows with someone else. And now the man was gone.

"What did you do to him?!"

"I dont even know!"

The man pulled out a gun this time. Alex was feeling heavier now. Like he had gained some weight. He stared at the man pointing the gun at him. He never felt so scared. Not even when Alfred Cunning held the gun to his face the night before. Alex thought hard and his nose began to bleed.

Suddenly Alex's shadow rose from the ground. It was still connected to Alex from the feet to the ankles but from the ankles on up was off of the ground as if it was another person all together. His shadow glided across the floor towards the man.

"What the hell!" The man dropped the gun out of fear.

The shadow picked up the gun and absorbed it into itself.

"Yes, I finally completed the next stage of my powers."

Alex was still feeling heavier than himself and then he remembered something his mother said. She said that when you absorb an object into a shadow. Whatever shadow that was will gain half the weight of the object it absorbs until it is released by whoever put it there. Alex knew what was making him heavier now. That other man that he accidently absorb was trapped in his shadow and the weight of the man made Alex heavier. He consintrated hard. His shadow spread its arms as if it was about to fly and out shot the man from its chest. The man hit the floor hard and began to rock back and forth in the fetal position. The mans eyes were wide open.

"What happened to you?" asked the other man.

"So....so dark. Nothing but darkness."

Alex felt bad. The man had gone crazy from being trapped in a shadow. Alex didnt mean for it to happen but I wouldnt have happened if they hadnt tried to kill him. The man picked up the knife.

"Look what you did."

"I didnt mean to.!"

The man started running at Alex with the knife in his hand.

"Stop." said the fat man behind the counter. But the man with the knife kept running. The fat man opened his mouth and let out a high piched scream. Circular soundwaves could be seen coming from the fat mans mouth. Alex covered his ears.

The man with the knife was hit by the soundwaves and went saoring through the window.

Alex turned towards the man with amazement.

"You have abilities too?!"

Last edited:

Novei

"Umm...hello there, sir, I'm just wondering if you heard some glass shattering ont his floor," she suggested to the man who hade answered lightly. His face bore a serious expression before stating, "It was probably that crazy neighbor of mine...he's in that room over there," he finished, pointing to the door calmly before slamming the door in Dani's face.
It amazed her just how rude people could be...not that she hadn't met rude people before, but that was just impolite to slam the door in her face, without even saying good bye. "Good day to you to," she grumbled before heading ot the door the man had indicated and knocking, just loud enough to be noticed. She kept her arms close to her side, in case she needed to protect herself, but didn't want to appear too aggressive by taking up a combat stance she'd seen in a movie.

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex was still in shock. The man simply opened his mouth and the guy flew throught the window. The other man was still crouched on the floor scared. Alex's shadow fell back to the ground becoming just a shadow and not a shadowy figure. The fat man went around back and came back with the cheeseburger and coke.

"Here, eat."

Alex walked to the counter. Picked up the burger and took a bite.

"So what is your power?" he said with a mouth full of food.

"You just saw. I'm able to send a high pich sound from my mouth." He leaned toward Alex. "But dont tell anyone. You are the only person that knows about my powers. And everyone else that knows or knew was killed by the virus or either The Company."

Alex wanted to help. He had helped 2 other people with powers earlier in his life and he felt like he had to help this guy. Alex told the fat man about his plans to find his mother and expose The Company.

"Do you want to help me?"

"Sorry kid but I cant. I enjoy living this normal life right now. I suggest you forget about your plans and do the same. Messing with the company is like suicide."

Both Alex and the fat man looked outside. A crowd of people had circled around the man's who went out the window body. He wasnt dead, Alex could see that he was still breathing, he was just unconcious. Alex and the fat man went outside with the people. The people looked at them knowing that they had something to do with it. Police sirens could be heard coming towards the diner.

"I think it would be best if you left. I'll think of something to tell the cops." the fat man whispered towards Alex.

"Thanks." Alex shook the fat man's hand and ran out of site of the crowd. He closed his eyes and sunk into his shadow.

Alex arose from his shadow. He was farther in New York City now. He couldnt hear the sirens. Behind him he could see a girl sitting on a bench crying. He wondered if she saw him come from a shadow and then relized that she didnt.

"Wonder whats wrong with her?" he asked himself as he walked past the girl on the bench, trying to ignore her tears.

Number XIV

The door to the convience door flew open, and a black-clad man stepped in. The cashier glanced up wearily at him, setting down his iPod. The man paused, listening to the country music filling the air for a moment. He frowned.

Suddenly, the music changed. It was now "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'," by the Rolling Stones. The cashier recognized the song, but didn't remember putting it on his iPod, let alone choosing it. Confused, he picked up his iPod. With a yelp, he dropped it again, jerking his hand away. The thing had shocked him! He decided it would be best if he just left the thing alone... machines were so unreliable these days.

The customer now had a slight smile across his face. He walked to the back, and grabbed a Starkbucks Doubleshot, and then walked over to the ATM in the corner. After a moment, he stepped back, and handed the cashier a twenty silently. The cashier blinked in surprise, then rang him up, and gave him his change. The man grabbed the contents of the "Take A Penny, Leave A Penny" tray, and left.

"Ahhhh..." sighed Erik as he stepped outside. He popped the top of his coffee, and drank deeply. Not the same as the real thing... but still, pretty damn good. He glanced up at a building across the street, one that towered over the rest. His target. He began across the street slowly.

Prophet

come and go
Website
www.facebook.com
As Evan reached for the doorknob of his apartment, the sound of knocking suddenly filled the air. His eyebrows raised, and he drew a swift breath, glancing over at the obviously broken window covered by a large wooden board. Was she back already? Normally she wouldn’t have come back for another hour… This wouldn’t be pretty, even for the beautiful woman he called his wife… Wincing slightly, he glanced through the small peephole in his door, expecting to see the tired face of his wife after a long day at work... Hopefully she wasn’t in too bad of a mood…

However, as he glanced apprehensively through the hole, he saw an unfamiliar face rising up to greet him. It was a female alright, but one with startling different features then his wife. Her hair was a light blondish color, and her skin was slightly tanned in its hues… She seemed young, maybe.. 18? But who the hell was she? He had never seen her before in his life… However, the relief of seeing a woman other then his beloved wife, whom would surely knock his head about as soon as she saw the broken window, overcame this cautious fear, and he slowly slid the door open, seeing the girl fully for the first time… Hmm, she was attractive… In that budding, eighteen year old sort of way. But Evan was far too involved with his wife to even consider that for another second, and he instead gave her a curious look, expressing his confusion at her knocking.

“Uh, hello?” he asked, eying her slightly as he walked outward, closing the door of his apartment behind him with a solemn click. He was clad in his black leather jacket, with a pair of simple blue jeans and another black shirt underneath that. Needless to say, he wore a lot of black for a 25 year old male. “Can I help you with something?” he continued, trying to discern something from the 18 year old’s expression,

Raiton Kensei

Peace through Violence
Awards
Alex continued to walk past the crying girl. He didnt know where he was. This was his first time in New York. He wanted to ask some of the people for directions but he didnt know where he would go.

"New York isnt as fun as I thought it would be. I guess I'll find a hotel to stay at."

Alex walked around looking for a hotel. He finlly found one and rented a room for 1 day. It was about 3 o'clock now, he still had a full day ahead of him and he didnt know what to do. Then he got an idea.

"I know what I'll do." Alex smiled at the idea. He waved his hand to get a taxi. One stopped and picked him up.

"Where to sir?" asked the taxi driver.

"Take me to the Statue of Liberty."

Azazel

"We're headed to New York, Zach" Hanabi said, looking at the small boy standing beside her. "That's where I first heard about this virus. It's also where most of the survivors are. Not to mention where my parents died"

Hanabi had been studying her powers for a while. Well, ever since she met Zach. For some strange reason, she could only use it when she was near Zach, and it was the same power that Zach exhibited.

Zach. She didn't know why she allowed him to stay with her. Maybe she liked his company. Or maybe it was because she could mimic his power whenever he was around. Also, it seemed kind of cold to leave a little boy all alone. Especially when the world is as it was. Although sometimes, the dark side of her didn't mind seeing Zach being eaten from the inside out by the virus. Or on a laboratory table, with members of The Company towering over him.

What Hanabi didn't tell Zach was that New York was also the headquarters for The Rebellion. Or so from what she heard.

"Ohio to New York. This should be a trip, eh Zach?" Hanabi added on looking at Zach. Fortunately, she knew how to drive. Now only if she had a car...​

OOC: Sorry for the short post. It's kinda hard to make a long post when I have someone with me XD

Also, I just got back from basketball practice, so if anyone has been reading everyone's posts, can you shortly summarize it for me?

Athel

Machinist
Zach looked up at Hanabi. "Why do you treat me like such a kid?" he asked her. She always seem to keep the same attitude with him. "I'm not little anymore. I'm almost 13."

He sometimes wondered why Hanabi kept him around. He needed her to help him, but he didn't believe that she really needed him. It might have been because of his power.

He looked down at his own hands. He knew that he could do amazing things. He could change one thing to another by focusing on it. Hanabi could do the same thing but only when he was around...

"Anyway, why are we going to New York?" he asked her. "And how?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back