• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Has anyone ever thought that...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadentheman

Bronze Member
DDD wouldn't release in the summer but on the same day KH1 was released in NA/EU? Makes sense considering the JP version released around that time and the fact that Square definition of Summer 2012 is Fall 2012. So I expect a September release close to that date. So does anyone disagree?

Youniquee

Awards
Since most recording has been finished, it only makes sense to be released around middle of summer/late...me thinks.
Enix hasn't even given a 'Summer 2012' date to KH3D, right?

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
so far all we gotten was rumor dates of July or even June, my GS lady said it has been confirmed for a July release.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I want June or July I have already spoiled the first ten minutes of the game. It's way too tempting, the sooner the better

Roro

Awards
I'd like to think that the NA/EU version of the game is very near completion if not completed already, that being said I would think that a summer release date maybe around June or July would be the most ideal. But I always do think in the back of my mind that they might want to release it on the NA/EU anniversary too with some type of 10th anniversary bundle, then that would be around septemberish?

Anyway I agree the sooner the better, as much as I'd like some kind of 10th anniversary thing I'll be too impatient to be willing to wait for the game's actual NA anniversary :p

Ventuskeyblade

well the japan release date for the original KH was more important cause that was when KH was first released anywhere. I could imagine that SE would still release a 10th anniversary thing when the American date comes.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
People have proposed that before, but I'm not sure that SENA gives a crap about releasing the game in alignment with the 10th anniversary.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
People have proposed that before, but I'm not sure that SENA gives a crap about releasing the game in alignment with the 10th anniversary.

Perhaps they would if the date fell on a day that complied with DDD's completion better, but considering the game will definitely be done before summer starts, I highly doubt they would hold the game from store shelves for that many months just to place it on a day that only a few would probably recognize.

WaveK89

Delaying something purely on a marketing standpoint. I suppose, in this case, it's not really a good marketing strategy if one at all. It would pretty much make quite a few fans angry and disappointed. Of course, who am I to say what their progress to completion is or will be...

beastlycool

so far all we gotten was rumor dates of July or even June, my GS lady said it has been confirmed for a July release.

I wouldn't really believe her, nothing against the person, but Gamestop has been known to make up release dates so people will pre-order games. Last year they had Kingdom Hearts 3D, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Luigi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing 3DS, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and more 3DS games all coming out at the end of June on the same day in their release date catalog. It was the most pathetic lie I had ever seen them try to pass.

Wahm-bulence

^Yup. Someone once tried to convince me that I could be preordering KH3 soon, because she said they had finished production.
I played along to humour her.

I'm hoping for and early July release, well timed with the end of school. I wouldn't mind some delay though, if we got sweet bonuses or 10th anniversary merch.
Not September though. Too many spoils.

Lars

No, then it would be Kingdom hearts anniversary when it came out in USA. No stil think its July

Last edited:

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Yeah, the 10th Anniversary date has been tossed around frequently on these boards. But I'm sticking by my May-July estimation; it seems to be the most likely.

megatron532

Website
www.youtube.com
The only way I can see them doing this would be if they added A LOT of stuff into the overseas release of the game. And I mean a LOT of stuff to push it back all the way to September. With the way they seem to have production going now, we could even get a late May release(On my birthday, hopefully!)

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
I want June or July I have already spoiled the first ten minutes of the game. It's way too tempting, the sooner the better

I only saw the first fight, but I'm leaving it at that till the game comes out in the US. That's how hard I'm trying to resist the spoilers. I know it's hard. Just hang in there, man.

The only thing I want to know is why they had Sora and Riku fight Ursula. To me, that was really random. Was that just Yen Sid's doing?

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Come now, Square Enix has some decency. However, I wouldn't put it past them to pull a stunt like that. Perhaps if they add content, I wouldn't mind it. A few more Dream Eaters, Deck Commands, Keyblades, bosses (so zetta slow) and Tron content, I would be just fine.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Lol my friend is out of the loop(like he's not informed like we are) and he went into GAME to buy a game(I was outside with our stuff). He came outside and said he got so excited when he asked about the Kingdom Hearts release date.

But S-E have promised us news soon so here's hoping.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I read on the KH13 forums that they said July 27th was the leaked release date in Europe. Is this true?

Take it with a grain of salt. The "leak" occurred when the official KH3D page on SEEU's website was changed to July 27th and later became Summer 2012. Until there's an official announcement, it might be best to keep your expectations low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back