• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Guys play me like a video game...D:<

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Alright! I've been having issues with guys for quite a long time, and I've finally figured out what the problem is! Something about me gives guys the impression that they can "play" me...they think that they can use me, cheat on me, string me along, tease me, and so on. And it's gotten me rather upset on many occasions...this has been going on for about two years, I figure. Here're some examples that I feel may help you understand where I'm coming from (the names aren't important, but I'll lose track of what I'm writing if I don't use them)(P.S. YOU CAN SKIP THIS IF YOU WANT. If you read the stuff that's below all this jazz, you should still be able to...reflect):

~Jake had a crush on my very pretty, best friend, Megan, for a long time...however, after much rejection, he found that having a crush on her wasn't fun anymore. What more convenient thing to do than go to her best friend, Chloe (me)? Unfortunately, I bought it, and started getting attatched to him, as well...However, after a few weeks, he decided that he didn't REALLY like Chloe, but instead, still liked Megan. I was quite upset.
~Alex and Chloe were good friends by the end of the school year, but Alex had to move up to New Jersey to live with his dad! Oh, no! Don't worry, though...Alex would be coming back to his mum's for breaks. Well, later that year, over winter break, he came back, and sought me and a few other people out. We hung out and he started flirting, so I flirted back. This lasted a few days...then, the day before Alex left, he kissed me and said that he really liked me. The next day, knowing that he was leaving, I decided to go to his house and try to clear things up. Turns out that he had a girlfriend, already! I was quite upset.
~After nine months of going out with me, Kyle decided that he wanted to break up. Afterall, Kyle was a freshman in college and I'm only a sophomore in high school. Naturally, I was more than just a bit devastated, but then things started to look up. A month later, he said that he had missed me and asked me if I would take him back. I asked him over and over again if he was sure, and he said that he was. But I guess he didn't mean it. See, he asked me out again at the end of break, knowing that he was leaving again and wouldn't have to deal with me. He yelled at me for calling him, a couple times...then, exactly one month later, he said that he wanted to break up with me. Despite the "I love you" that he had voiced, just the night before...I was quite upset.
~Jon, feeling bad for poor Chloe, being made to cry and feel like an idiot like that, decided that he would console her in the most flirtatious way possible. He put his arm around me and talked to me and all that jazz. After a few days, I began to try to pick his feelings apart, because I had just gotten out of a half-assed relationship and I wasn't jumping with joy to get into another. Well, I noticed that Jon had a crush on beautiful, irresistible Megan. However, Megan has been dating Scott for nearly two years, now. Yet again, I proved to just be a distraction for some poor sap who couldn't wrap his head around the idea that the girl he was madly in "love" with was already taken. He even admitted this to me...I was quite upset.

NOW, despite the fact that this is technically those silly boys' fault, I'm not gonna kid myself: something about ME has to change if this crap is gonna stop. Now, mind you, you don't truely know me, so you can't tell me what to stop doing...however, if you could give me some advice as to what I should start doing so that these blokes get these stupid ideas out of their heads when it comes to me, I would take it to heart and be very grateful. <3

T

Tyler Durden

Well, by rejecting this guy you already took the right step.

But you should be able to tell if a guy is using you if-

he doesn't talk to you often

he doesn't talk ABOUT you often

he constantly stares at your best friend.

Other than that, can't help you.

Ferry13

O_o a dancing Gaara
Rotterdam in the netherlands and in my house and i
mmmm i wish i could help you , but my love life isn t esp good, i m the person who always has bad luck,all the girl i like , like me in a best friend way and they usually like one of my friends :( but if i have a chance with one something else destroys it for me(long long story)

but anyway mabye you should play hard to get (a lot of guys who just want to have some fun will stop) but mabye a good guy will leave and a bad one wh likes challenges stays so , it can go multiple ways

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well right now, and for the last few months, I've been single. I still wish I was with her, but I'm pretty sure that that's not going to happen. .

On to your problems, Tabuoi. . . You feel like you're being used, well you are. . .you just have to look for the right guy, maybe try to get to know someone who you think you might grow to like. It'd be better than meeting someone for three days and then all of the sudden you ask them out. . .or maybe that's just my opinion. . .but to me I think that that'd be rushing things and it probably wouldn't turn out too well.

Just try to get to know someone before you ask them out, or accepting them if they ask you.

Remember this is just my opinion and I could be COMPLETELY wrong. . .

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
Gwah, my poor, dear Tob! Dx

I wish there was something more consoling I could say to you, but... there's no 100% correct formula to finding a guy. It's all "Guess and Check".

Dx

Maybe... just... find someone who doesn't even know this Megan! >.< =o Who likes to draw. And does art as well as you do. =D Because I've seen your work, and even the Paint documents are freaking amazing.

D=> Good luck... <Wishes there was less lame advice to give>

Last edited:

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
XD Thank you for the advice, all. And yes, Ichi, I've concluded to myself that I should be just a wee bit meaner from time to time...

Lol, Kat, I love you! But you already knew that...

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Well like others said, get meaner lol. I can add however, that it seems you don't need someone else right now. You've been used and mistreated by jerks and hormone filled boys, I say take a break. Relax, discover yourself and be single and love it.

When you think you are ready though, you'll see that the person your looking for won't just fall into your lap, you have to look past the sweet talk and look at the guy for who he is. When you do find what you like, go after him, or you might lose him. Maybe your problem is that your just going after the wrong kind of guys. The person your looking for might be right in front of you, yet you'd never know it until you tried.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Hehe, thanks. Yeah, embracing my singledom really does sound appealing, right now...

It's not so much that I'm unhappy, right now, I'd just like to be prepared to deal with these sort of situations better, because I'm sure that more will come...anyways, you guys have given me some really helpful advice.

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Well you should stop falling for the wrong guys. If you have knowledge before hand of them liking/"loving" your best friend then simply don't date them.

Me being the kid that is the best friend of the most popular guy in school, i know how that feels-of course i don't really enjoying going for everyone just cause they asked me out cause thats just plain careless.

For you i'd say don't let your guard down so easily, you gotta test them w/ questions. Ask them about how they feel about you-like truly, deep in their heart feelings. You know just the hypothetical questions and deeper than just "I like you questions", the intellectual stuff. Also as my gf did w/ me when we first started dating, trust them but don't trust them. Leave yourself alittle room to be understanding and all that a good gf is, but don't open yourself completely---it could come in handy if things take a turn.

Overall just don't let yourself fall for anytype of guy, watch first, play cat & mouse alittle....just to see just how interested they are.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Be assertive, without being aggressive.
If you don't show that you have needs, and wants, for them to be dating you, then they will think it's all about them. Make sure that a guy knows it's a relationship concerning two people. You're involved. You deserve respect, and if you don't get it, it simply won't work out. Make it clear you won't tolerate what you won't tolerate, and that you like what you like. Now don't be a spoiled brat, but let your bf know that you are a person and have preferences and needs just like them, and both of you need to respect eachother and try to fulfill them.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Lol, that sounded. . .mean to say the least. . .(what Violent_Anger said. . .)

I'd just like to say something. . .if you open yourself completely, it's just a bigger target for the salt, and no one wants salt in their wounds to make it worse. . .

You get what I'm saying? Get to know the person first. . .Don't fall head over heels just because the guy down the street asked you out, if random people just go up and ask you out then I'm pretty sure that they are just after something, if they've shown interest for a while then it's a safer choice. . .

Devious

The thread is long... But one more post couldn't hurt...

I'd have to say it might be your disposition.

If you put off the look that you are easy (I say that in a way meaning you are easy to say yes to going out with said boy... I'm not ((and will never)) calling you a whore...) then you could be letting men as chovanistic as that into your life. Most I can say is just say no. I'm not saying change yourself. Now you have some insight on how men are like this. So now you know the approaches. I'd say you pick your man... Don't let them pick you... Because guys are assholes (I should know, I am one...)

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
Lolz ^ "Guys are assholes (I should know, I am one)"

Anyways, I know what you guys are saying, and I'm typically not one to jump out and tackle the first guy that walks my way...however, when I get to the point where I DO become interested, they go and turn the tables on me. I mean, I just don't get where they get the impression that I won't be hurt or I'm not worth showing any compassion for...you know what I'm saying?

Katattack

Thank You Jonathan Larson
Recounting my exploits as an Anarchist. =D
It's like this, Tob.

Guy: *Sees girl* =O Omg. Girl.
Girl: *Sees guy* =O Omg. Guy whom I'd like to get to know.
Guy: *Talks to girl* ._. We get along really well and stuff.
Girl: =D
Guy: I think you should hook me up with your friend.
Girl: ._. But you just said-
Guy: ._.

There is no logical reason for them thinking this way. Girls have attempted to understand it, and we have failed. I think it has something to do with that Adam's Apple of theirs. I assume it contains what I like to call: "Confusemones". They're like hormones, but even more stupid.

It's only logical. Some guys have been able to overcome the confusemones. These are the ones to look for. Unfortunately, they're dying out because the Confusemone'd guys are trying to get the non-confusemone'd guys to revert back to primal behavior.

TOGETHER, FEMALEKIND MUST FIND A SOLUTION.

xD

Devious

*Ahem*... I am one of the "non-confusemone'd" guys :p even though I have broken hearts... Which I regret... I have had my heart broken by my first AND second love (only went out with my first love, my second love lost her feelings for me T_T)

I know where you're coming from. I've actually been asked that, it sucks. I've also had girls stolen from me several times... It's horrid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back