• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Guys play me like a video game...D:<

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Eh, come on now not all guys are jerks. Only about 99% of them. You just gotta hope your lucky enough to find that 1% who love you for you and not for other things on their mind. If a guy is using you to get to someone else, then hes either stupid, or still learning how to properly handle relationships.

I guess you could say older guys are more mature, but that isn't always the case.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Eh, come on now not all guys are jerks. Only about 99% of them. You just gotta hope your lucky enough to find that 1% who love you for you and not for other things on their mind. If a guy is using you to get to someone else, then hes either stupid, or still learning how to properly handle relationships.

I guess you could say older guys are more mature, but that isn't always the case.

Yeah, my last boyfriend was four years older than me and we lasted for a long time...but by the end, we were constantly getting in fights, so...yeah. That relationship went out the window. And believe me, I know that not all guys are jerks and I try not to think like that. Mainly because I have several guy friends whom I adore. The problem is, the guys that start hitting on me aren't nearly as cool as my guy friends and it's just like...wtf?

Kat, I think our "solution" lies within a pill, somewhere...>.>

╬ProperArtist╬

Instantly Classic
Awards
Website
the13thmember.deviantart.com
Your simply just gonna have to take a little break. Take a break from guys right now, because as of now they seem to only want to use you for their own intentions. All i can say is keep an eye open but don't let a guy conquer you completely you know what i mean. Give him alittle of yourself but not all of it, because you need some of that to fall back on incase it doesn't work.

To be honest i hadn't dated for along time because simply i'm not one for that whole dating every girl that looks at me cause it's expect, instead i looked for "that girl" instead of just going in all the way.

If you don't feel complete, like yourself, shielded, and overall have that feeling in your heart then don't go out with the guy because chances are it's not gonna turn out good. If you can sit with a guy and have an awkard pause and it not feel awkard, but instead like you know what the guy is trying to say even without words then you know it's foreal.

and w/ older guys it can be good, cause i'm older than my gf and all is good, but just make sure you shy away from the possessive type...

your not hopeless, hell girls in general aren't hopeless, you just gotta know when to make your move

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
After reading all the other posts on this thread... I see that several good points are covered, and then, some bad points are made as well. See, I don't think the problem fully lies with the guys in this case... some of the blame is to be shared by everyone. That includes you Tobuoi. First, let's look at the facts:

-- You're 15

-- You're Female

-- You're in High School

-- You've dated an older guy for 9 months

-- You're 15

Why did I state 15 twice? For obvious reasons. A girl at your age is at a very tender psychological stage. Guys will always be present in your mind, no matter how much you want to deny it. You'll probably become sexually active... if you haven't already.

... Wait. You haven't had sex with any of these guys have you? I can understand if you don't want to say that here, you're welcomed to tell me in a PM or something. It IS important to the equation.

At any rate, back to the main topic. There seems to be some issues with the guys you've dated. One in particular strikes me -- this guy that's a Freshman or whatever in College. I'm only going to say this one -- NEVER date a guy that's that much older than you. Sure, people can be like "you should be able to date whoever you want, no matter how old they are!" Well, they're wrong. A guy that age, looking at a 15 year old, isn't going to respect you no matter what you do. They will play with you, and toy around, until they get bored or until you get smart.

Your taste in guys seemingly sucks. Get over it. Change it. Lower your standards, or raise them, whatever it takes. Done? Good girl.

Now let's address guys. My studies as a Double Major ("Pre-Law with direction in English" and "Psychology") have taught me one thing -- in the end, all guys subconsciously want one thing -- you... or something you have that I shall not speak of in this case.

That may make things a little negative, but there's hope! Let's not fail on this subject, shall we? Guys are easily influenced. That's why they think the way they do, because of the unrestrained stereotypes that culture them. Obviously, you're looking for a guy that won't just use you (because yes, as it should be apparent now, they have been using you, and I HOPE TO GOD OR WHATEVER ELSE you haven't given them what they wanted). This is going to be hard to come by. Your best bet at this moment in your life would be to play the Relax Card!

-- Sakura enters in her Card Captor outfit and plays Relax --

>.> Weird.

Anyway, don't think about serious relationships right now. I'm not stopping you from doing that, but it would be in your best interests to date, but just to date around (No, not be a whore (because that involves physical relationships) and just have that freedom socially). I'm not saying don't kiss or hug or something like that, but don't take it too far. If the guy acts like he wants to, stop him right there, and tell/ask him:

"I'm sorry, but this isn't what I was wanting. Is this really what you want though?"

At that point, he'll either do one of a few things:

-- Say yes because he's a horn-dog and just wants to get in your pants.

-- Say yes because he might just really have thought it was what you both wanted. In this case stop and talk things out, because he can be saved!

-- Say no after a long moment of thought. This is the guy you should pay attention to, because later on down the road he might be worth getting into a serious relationship with.

Now, let's see... what else. Oh, yeah. As far as having pretty friends, observe the guy before you think about dating him. If he appears to have some interest in a friend, don't even touch him. Bad, dude. These are some of the worst ones, because not only do they want your friends, they know they'll use you and get shit from you while moving in closer.

Also, before you date a guy, ask his exes about him. Not all they say will be a lie. Ask some of the girls he hangs out with about him, just get information from whoever or whatever you can. This isn't creepy or over-cautious... it's playing it safe! There's nothing wrong with digging up dirt on someone.

Now, after all that, I hope it gives you some help Tobuoi. I am a guy, for those wondering, so don't think this is being written from a feministic point of view. I'm 18, and happily engaged -- so that should be proof that there is help out there. I hope this answered any lingering questions you had, and if you need further help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Later,
LoC.

Tobuoi

Who's that girl?
Website
www.tobuoi.deviantart.com
Brace yourself for much quoting.

See, I don't think the problem fully lies with the guys in this case... some of the blame is to be shared by everyone. That includes you Tobuoi.

Yes, I know. I believe I stated this in my first post, dearie. That's why I'm seeking out your advice. :D

I'm only going to say this one -- NEVER date a guy that's that much older than you. Sure, people can be like "you should be able to date whoever you want, no matter how old they are!" Well, they're wrong. A guy that age, looking at a 15 year old, isn't going to respect you no matter what you do. They will play with you, and toy around, until they get bored or until you get smart.

I know where you're coming from, but this is a rather fruitless argument when it comes to me...I am the daughter of a currently 34-year-old mother and a 43-year-old father. They were 16 and 25 when they started dating. Mind you, I don't go LOOKING for someone older than me, but it's not really a concern of mine. After my last relationship, distance is more of a concern...which does play into the "they're too old" bit.

Obviously, you're looking for a guy that won't just use you (because yes, as it should be apparent now, they have been using you, and I HOPE TO GOD OR WHATEVER ELSE you haven't given them what they wanted). This is going to be hard to come by. Your best bet at this moment in your life would be to play the Relax Card!

-- Sakura enters in her Card Captor outfit and plays Relax --

Lolz.

Anyway, don't think about serious relationships right now. I'm not stopping you from doing that, but it would be in your best interests to date, but just to date around (No, not be a whore (because that involves physical relationships) and just have that freedom socially). I'm not saying don't kiss or hug or something like that, but don't take it too far.

Trust me, I tend to try and stay away from that sort of "drama," but people can be so confusing. XP

Oh, yeah. As far as having pretty friends, observe the guy before you think about dating him. If he appears to have some interest in a friend, don't even touch him. Bad, dude. These are some of the worst ones, because not only do they want your friends, they know they'll use you and get shit from you while moving in closer.

Ah, but you see, they trick me. I'll have to learn to be more astute, from now on. >.>

Oh, and I am, indeed, a virgin, by the way. Go me. Anyways, thanks for your comments...if nothing else, they make me think...and that's good to do, once in a while.

Lord of Chaos

Once more 'round the room we waltz.
I know where you're coming from, but this is a rather fruitless argument when it comes to me...I am the daughter of a currently 34-year-old mother and a 43-year-old father. They were 16 and 25 when they started dating. Mind you, I don't go LOOKING for someone older than me, but it's not really a concern of mine. After my last relationship, distance is more of a concern...which does play into the "they're too old" bit.

You have to think though. Things were done differently back then. That was normal. Now, it's something frowned upon. Besides, that doesn't make the argument fruitless. You having no heedance or intelligence about it would make it fruitless. You're smarter than that Tobuoi. =/

Also, if they trick you, there are some very common signs that point towards them wanting to go through you to get to someone else. You should analyze the situations in which it's happened before to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back