• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Guild Wars 2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trag

Bronze Member
After pre-ordering the collectors edition, I realized I haven't made a thread about Guild Wars here. Resolved! Who here is going to try it out? Anyone excited for classes?
Here's the site for anyone interested: Guild Wars 2

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
One of the few games I'm actually looking forward to, but it's been hyped up so much that I expect nothing less than absolute perfection is going to satisfy me at this point.

Awards
I am absolutely going to play the shit out of this when it comes out. The second beta weekend event actually starts in about seven hours if I recall correctly, so if you're in it you might see me running around on Darkhaven.

I've always had a thing for melee classes, and before getting into the beta I was leaning towards the Thief, but after playing around extensively I've easily decided that I want to roll a Warrior.

I don't know how my expectations compare to yours (Eduardo), but I will say that I entered the first beta invent with my expectations very high, and they were still exceeded. I wouldn't call it absolute perfection, but the game is GOOD. Really, really good.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
I usually play caster classes; did you manage to see if they played as smoothly as the melee ones in the beta? And damn, I'm kind of hoping it's not that good so that I may keep at least some semblance of a social life =/

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
God dammit. After talking to Sam, now I really, really want this game. An unreleased game that I'll probably not have money for.

God dammit.

Scotty

PRECIOUS FAIRY VAGINA
Awards
Still undecided. Been playing the original GW since pretty much release and was hyped for GW2, got more hyped, little bit more hyped then burnt out completely. Promised myself I wouldn't get sucked in by another MMO... but it's Guild Wars 2.

Awards
I usually play caster classes; did you manage to see if they played as smoothly as the melee ones in the beta? And damn, I'm kind of hoping it's not that good so that I may keep at least some semblance of a social life =/

The line between casters and melee is a lot less clearly defined in GW2 than it is in other games. For example, if you equip a Mesmer with a single-handed sword, they basically become a melee class in the sense that all of their attacks are close-range. With a scepter on the other hand, they're a decidedly long-range caster class. Guardians look like a tankier version of the Warrior class at a glance, but if you build them properly they function very similar to a caster. So the differences between caster and melee are not quite as profound as they might be in other MMOs, and to some extent most classes can function in either role.

That said, I did play an Elementalist (with which I got my kupoing ass beat in PvP and have avoided ever since) and a Necromancer. Elementalists are dope, and very unique in the way that they shift between different atunements (fire, water, air, earth) to string together different abilities. I just wasn't very good with it, but I've seen them dominate in the past. I really enjoyed the Necromancer on the other hand (I mained one in the first Guild Wars) and a Minion Master build in particular. Those two classes are kind of opposites -- Elementalists are kind of squishy, and Necromancers are more tanky than anyone expects before playing them.

The classes are all really well balanced for the most part, though. I might have to say that at the moment Rangers are *slightly* overpowered.

Also, another big innovation in Guild Wars 2 is that moving does not interrupt casting. Combat is REALLY dynamic. Just throwing that out there.

Trag

Bronze Member
I played a Necromancer as my main in Guild Wars too, I can't wait to see how they've made them better. Unfortunately since I haven't payed off my pre-order fully I can't get in this weekend ;w; I am stuck watching videos of you lucky folks who can.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I was in one of the beta things a while back, but I can't get into this one. D:

Needless to say, of course I'm getting this game! The beta was one of the most entertaining things I've ever played!

I played a Ranger, by the way... And, yeah, they're a bit OP. Not that I personally minded much. :p

Trag

Bronze Member
I'll join you, but I won't be on tonight. I haven't prepurchased it in full so I have to wait :C

Awards
Wait doesn't this game NOT have a subscription fee? Why has this not been on my radar?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back