• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

groups......

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

america`s next top kairi

• namine

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • xion

Votes: 12 57.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

soragill150

who do you think should be the kairi in the roxas axel and ????? group?should it be namine or xion?

Last edited:

Muse

you look atrocious
... Wait, what?

Neither. Axel and Roxas have no need for a female. :c

Muse

you look atrocious
NO! BAD YAOI FANGIRL!
*swatts w/ a newspaper*
i vote Namine, b/c she's been around longer and b/c she doesn't die at the end of the video game she debeuts in. =D

Whoever said it was for yaoi reasons? :/ Yeesh.

Axel and Roxas can be best guy friends without their needing to be a girl in the middle of that. That was what I liked about their friendship to begin with. Because it was just the two of them. They didn't need to be a trio.

But then Days comes along and that all screws over.

Just for the record: I don't even like AkuRoku. :v

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Naminé.

There's a few reasons as to why that's so for me, but I can't say anything as of yet considering it would be considered spoilers. For the most part, I'll just say that while they might not have been seen as three together, they did bond individually, and Axel got to know Naminé on a personal level. In KH2: FM+ we got her going with Axel, and the novels (as well as the manga), go into their adventures somewhat after that. And they are beyond, beyond adorable :3. I mean, goodness, it almost made me love AkuNami.

Almost >.>.

Honestly, I prefer the AkuRokuNami trio. But again, I can't go deeply as to why.

Yet, AkuRoku, friendship, by itself, it's all that's needed.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
NO! BAD YAOI FANGIRL!
*swatts w/ a newspaper*

Wtf. Not needing a girl has nothing to do with being gay. It just means their friendship is that strong.
Unless you need explanation as to what male friendship is all about, in which case :v

Hm. Kairi... in what sense? If you go with hate, I think it's Xion, hands down. So far I adore the lass but I can see where so much hate would ensue.
As for "bonding" in the sense SRK were at least supposed to be bonded in, Namine's way way way way way no. Aside from me not seeing anything that would bond her to Roxas aside from their pathetic, miserable fates, I see her as far more Sora and Riku oriented than AkuRoku related.

Lifes.Lover

For the deeds of today resonate....
Website
lifes-lover18.livejournal.com
who do you think should be the kairi in the roxas axel and ????? group?should it be namine or xion?

To be honest, I feel that it should be Xion, not Naminé.

We have absolutely no evidence to see that Naminé, Axel, and Roxas knew each other and were friends together at any point. I can't see her being part of a trio when she doesn't even know them at the same time.

However, I'll stick by what I originally thought, and say that there shouldn't have been a female there at all. Or, for that matter, a man.

For all of KH2 and onwards till news of Days and Xion surfaced, we've believed that Axel and Roxas were best friends on their own. There was nothing of Xion there, and her suddenly being there just makes no sense, to me.

At the same time, however, I don't hate Xion.

slmcknett

Namine, because technically, Xion is just like a second Roxas, so she doesn't fit into the Kairi category.

Lifes.Lover

Website
I really don't get that at all. Roxas was the only one Axel 'liked', so why would he even try to care at all about Demyx?

And to go along with that, if Roxas was the only one Axel 'liked', then it also confuses me about Xion. I suppose this is one thing that will either be chalked up to a plot hole or something that's explained in Days.

Namine, because technically, Xion is just like a second Roxas, so she doesn't fit into the Kairi category.

...You do realize that Naminé can be categorized as nearly a second Roxas, too. In addition to this, what does Xion being a second Roxas have to do with the three being friends?

After all, don't you share some qualities with your friends?

Also, do try to keep this at least partly spoiler free.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Actually, that's precisely what should've gotten Xion into that category.
She's another Roxas/Sora. Axel told Sora he made him feel like Roxas made him feel. So why not Xion, who's Roxas and Sora?

I really don't get that at all. Roxas was the only one Axel 'liked', so why would he even try to care at all about Demyx?

Well, you know my views about Riku and Kairi. Besides, just throwing it out there *shrug*

And to go along with that, if Roxas was the only one Axel 'liked', then it also confuses me about Xion. I suppose this is one thing that will either be chalked up to a plot hole or something that's explained in Days.

Probably that. And I think I know how they explain it.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Also, do try to keep this at least partly spoiler free.

That's why I think it should be moved to the Spoiler section since with Xion being in the topic, reasons will need their point in canon. Or whatever. Not to mention the game needs to be played to answer this question honestly. I'm just going to put what I replied in my VM:

It all depends on what you take to the additions on the series. Naminé has her own bond to Roxas (it depends on what type of "bond" you feel like taking it as, because even Kairi in the novels referred to Sora as a friend. Go figure). While it might not have been long knowing each other, they did meet, talked, she helped him, they liked each other in a way where these are, hey, nice people, and enjoyed each other's company. And in the end, they wouldn't mind being stuck in the same position. Not that they had a choice, but they aren't complete strangers. Point is, they are at least somewhat friends in the end or have something there for companionship. We can't really know anything more than that unless they are seen again.

Then you got Naminé also interacting with Axel alone, on a cuter, personal level that makes me wish it was in the game (it's in the novels. And in the manga). We only got from KH2: FM+ that they go off together after she ditches Riku, not the background of what went on. It would have been nice, truthfully. Axel treated her way, way, way better, that it actually makes me wonder what does Axel consider a best friend. She also understood him and his situation, and got him to speak things he normally wouldn't admit. They shared sea salt ice cream together, and they brooded together. I always did say she was some kind of psychologist. She has that ability to make her likable. She can calm the two we're talking about here.

So now you got Naminé in herself, knowing the guys in the trio well enough to form a relationship, while Axel and Roxas cover the best friend theme as the rest.

Not to mention that:

Xion is Xion. So does she truly fit the female part of it when she's truthfully a Sora? Her existence is also a lot more trickier than that as well.

While Xion and Roxas had more friendship (you have to keep in mind they had more days), a trio is suppose to be that: a trio. Chemistry together. Axel wasn't exactly the best participant in it, I have to say. The only thing that kept them as a group, was, yes, Roxas himself. Actually, Axel and Xion were more connected to Roxas than each other, period.

Naminé, on the other hand, already partnered up with the two on her own without needing a martyr asking her to do so, and the boys liked her company individually.

All that was really missing was AkuRokuNami seen together, really.

Lifes.Lover

Website
But did you not say that they actually needed to be a trio?

I can't see Naminé being the third part of the group because they never interacted together, as a group.

Perhaps they might have been great as a trio, who knows. The fact of the matter is that Naminé knew Axel and Roxas individually, for only a short period of time. In fact, Naminé knew Axel for longer than she did Roxas.

Who's to say that Axel wouldn't have been the one to keep the trio together with Naminé there like Roxas was to keep the trio together with Xion there?

Again, going on the little information I know about Days.

In the end, for me, it goes back to being what was there and what wasn't. The fact of the matter remains that Naminé never was a trio with Axel and Roxas, whereas Xion was. Even if Xion was only kept there through Roxas' wishes, this makes me even more inclined to believe that Axel and Roxas should have just been left alone as best friends, instead of bringing in another person who was meant to be a part of them.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
But did you not say that they actually needed to be a trio?

I can't see Naminé being the third part of the group because they never interacted together, as a group.

Perhaps they might have been great as a trio, who knows. The fact of the matter is that Naminé knew Axel and Roxas individually, for only a short period of time. In fact, Naminé knew Axel for longer than she did Roxas.

Who's to say that Axel wouldn't have been the one to keep the trio together with Naminé there like Roxas was to keep the trio together with Xion there?

Again, going on the little information I know about Days.

In the end, for me, it goes back to being what was there and what wasn't. The fact of the matter remains that Naminé never was a trio with Axel and Roxas, whereas Xion was. Even if Xion was only kept there through Roxas' wishes, this makes me even more inclined to believe that Axel and Roxas should have just been left alone as best friends, instead of bringing in another person who was meant to be a part of them.

The fact is that with killing two birds with one stone, and their individual development, it seems that the chemistry when they would be seen together would have been better. She got Roxas on her side alone, but that's not really hard to do, to be honest. It's Roxas. He doesn't harbor hate for anyone except maybe Diz and Xemnas. The question is Axel, and she snatched that one too alone (for a lot of reasons that's in the novels). And even in a group, I think that with what Naminé brings, her personality, and the fact that she simply understands people, and Axel, it wouldn't be difficult for her to have something in common. Or for others to gravitate towards her (<3). She would have succeeded in the same way unless she changed her attitude and comes off wrong. What's the difference when she got to bond with each guy, without the other present or to be asked, and got them to like her? There isn't one connection that needs to keep them together because they already know her and took her for what she was in their own bond. I have to make it clear as to why she would win Axel in the end even with someone else's offer. If you introduce someone to somebody, it's really up to you to take it to whatever level it would be, right? Let's say, Axel would have disliked her in the beginning. After everything is said and done, I don't doubt he would act how he did in the novels when around her. Even earlier. Xion didn't get to achieve the same feeling and care. Or vibe. In fact, Axel admitted as to which one he liked better indirectly. Guess who. But that's as far as I'll say. There was one final nail on the coffin that in the 358/2 Days that made me go "Axel, seriously?" to permanently set my mind on this Axel and Xion thing. If you think he acts to her the way he does to Roxas compassionately and patiently, you'll be so off. Hence, why you got to play the game to get the answer to this right.

The topic asked which one would you prefer, and I definitely, by what I've seen, don't agree that Xion is the perfect establishment. I, really, didn't believe that "trio" in Days at all. Mostly due to Axel's fault. He's always yelling at her, being insulting, which won't come off well in Disney English as in the Japanese, not at least trying to be patient with her problems, and...yeah. I'll stop there >.>. I know he's frustrated, but it comes off that he does it for Roxas's sake. So the only one left would be the other option --> Naminé would have better control on that with Axel, don't you think?

Axel and Roxas would have worked as friends alone. Hell, I actually wanted that only, because we never got to see their friendship develop in KH2. All we got was:

Axel: Yo, you don't remember me. But I'm your best friend. What's uuuuup?
Roxas: WTF are you? *then later* Oh yeah, I kind of remember you, hmm. I believe you...I guess.

Of course, before the whole Xion thing came along. I dare say, I was quite bitter. They could have added Xion in better as to not rile up the fans. It was simply: *insert out of nowhere in the clock tower* lulzshewasalwaystherelulzdrinkitupeoplelawl. The fandom is a very, very fragile little thing >.<. I just question if it's that hard for Nomura not to make anything a trio? (though I suppose it worked better to solidify the connection) Xion is an anomaly in itself in a lot of ways, so you have to wonder. And I would like to see girl on girl friendship explored more as well. Why only the guys? In the end, I wouldn't really care if any of the two were in the AkuRoku "time". For me, it's not like we're losing anything. Naminé was kind of seen doing her own thing despite the fact that she got to know the other two, and have their approval. So it's not hard to picture her in her journey. Xion, as a whole...as I said, the only one I would consider true is her friendship with Roxas. She's more nicer and accepting with Axel, though. Can't say the same thing for the other party >.>.

But the subject questioned which group would you like if you had the choice. And I tend to go more for AkuRokuNami.

Now if they had "Axel and Roxas only" option, I would have picked that one.

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Why would I want anyone to be the "new Kairi"? The first one was bad enough . . .

what's all these srs bszn text walls doing in my forum insanity

Don't worry, based on the topic they're discussing, I'd say it fits snugly in the "Insanity" world.

soragill150

so far xion is winning,i think that namine is the kairi because she is kairi nobody, unless xion is some how conected to kairi. i want it to be xion but i just used to namine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back