• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gothic vs Emo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well I as hell wouldn't be talking about guys. . .I have like three emo girls on my myspace friends. . .hotness. . .

I like emos more. . .and I listen to emo music. . .so yeah. . .

Hero_of_Fate

The Flaming C
Website
mariomedia.net
I can't really say much about either, but I find myself hating emo very much. There's just something about the "lifestyle" that makes me want to punch something.

Voltron

Silver Member
I really don't know why everyone hates emos. They atomatically think its all about cutting themeslves. Its mostly the style and music and their hair. So what they are sad just let them be or try to cheer them up

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Here's my belief:emo songs depict lose as well as some cliches *coughcutmylifeintopeicescough*. Whereas Goths have negative things that depicts death or heart ripping things. Easiest way to explain it is, Emos want to kill themselves, Goths want to kill you. I'm more scared of goths, because well... they want to kill me.

I really don't know why everyone hates emos.
Well, because of the cultural bias, I believe them to be hypocrites or faddists of the highest caliber. In other words they, their perceived culture, contradicts itself. For example, they call themselves non-conformist, but force(or bully) their own members to dress and act similar instead of the differently that makes them against conformity. Another thing is that(primarily of the ones i met) they have very little to actually complain or whine about. They have a nice house, in an area with little crime,an they get everything that there little minds could desire; What is there to complain about? You don't get mugged like some people do, you have a decent school to go to, you can eat to your hearts content: what is the problem?

Last edited:

Voltron

Silver Member
Here's my belief:emo songs depict lose as well as some cliches *coughcutmylifeintopeicescough*. Whereas Goths have negative things that depicts death or heart ripping things. Easiest way to explain it is, Emos want to kill themselves, Goths want to kill you. I'm more scared of goths, because well... they want to kill me.

Well, because of the cultural bias, I believe them to be hypocrites or faddists of the highest caliber. In other words they, their perceived culture, contradicts itself. For example, they call themselves non-conformist, but force(or bully) their own members to dress and act similar instead of the differently that makes them against conformity. Another thing is that(primarily of the ones i met) they have very little to actually complain or whine about. They have a nice house, in an area with little crime,an they get everything that there little minds could desire; What is there to complain about? You don't get mugged like some people do, you have a decent school to go to, you can eat to your hearts content: what is the problem?

Same with goths but yet they do the same thing

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Emos(the ones i've met). They complain for no reason at all, and contradict themselves. At least preps know they are well off and enjoy conforming.

Voltron

Silver Member
Preps are worse. They think they are better than everyone else.

Well those are just the ones you have met. They aren't all bad

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Preps are worse. They think they are better than everyone else.
Partly because they are. They generally are of a higher social status than the rest of us. They are ditzy and buy into any fad sure; but think of it this way in elementry school who bullied who:those who watched Pokemon or those who didn't watch Pokemon? Those who watched Pokemon bullied those who didn't. They are the same people who got into the emo/neo-punk fad. They are doing it because they think it's cool, not because it's what they believe.
Well those are just the ones you have met. They aren't all bad
Why would they call themselves emo and listen to such bad music(and yes, i have listened to "emo" music and i got nothing against screaming. I like screaming, i hate the message in the screaming.) if they weren't all bad? It's the society that they group themselves into that's bad: get rid of the society and what do you have? Those same people who bullied the true non-conformers when they were younger.

Ima quote the immortal technique because it basically sums up my argument:
No matter how much you want to dye your hair blonde and put fake eyes in, or follow an anorexic standard of beauty, or no matter how many diamonds you buy from people who exploit your own brutally to get them, no matter what kind of car you drive or what kind of fancy clothes you put on, you will never be them. They're always gonna look at you as nothing but a little monkey. I'd rather be proud of what I am, rather than desperately trying to be something I'm really not, just to fit in.

Last edited:

X Twin_Phoenix X

i am a bit emo myself even though think thats weird 4 a black guy. but i like emo girls better they just ooze sexy

Fuse

When will we surrender?
"Goth" and "Emo" are basically style and clothing trends.

just that Scene emo's wear more of tight pants, blond/black hair, and wear their favorite band t's

I see goths as weirder =/
I just can't get past the huge pants with chains all over them =o

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards

Hehheh, I like that song. . .kinda. . .Last Resort by Papa Roach. . .

They find some things to complain about that don't mean anything, or they're oversensitive. . .or maybe their parents don't give a damn what happens to them. . .maybe you're just looking at the outside of them and not actually trying to see inside of them, maybe there's something deeper. . .

I'm not flaming you. . .I'm just stating my opinion(just in case you thought I was flaming. . )

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
Both goth and emos depress me. I find emos to be cheap imitations of goths, however, agreeing with what KoD said in the original message.

And Stavros, Last Resort is an ok song. Brings back mmories of this emo kid in my class singing that during tests and stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back