• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gothic vs Emo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honky Sam

lol sup
Awards
Emos(the ones i've met). They complain for no reason at all, and contradict themselves. At least preps know they are well off and enjoy conforming.

Stereotype.

"Goth" and "Emo" are basically style and clothing trends.

just that Scene emo's wear more of tight pants, blond/black hair, and wear their favorite band t's

I see goths as weirder =/
I just can't get past the huge pants with chains all over them =o

Neither can I. You are right about the clothing styles.

Partly because they are. They generally are of a higher social status than the rest of us. They are ditzy and buy into any fad sure; but think of it this way in elementry school who bullied who:those who watched Pokemon or those who didn't watch Pokemon? Those who watched Pokemon bullied those who didn't. They are the same people who got into the emo/neo-punk fad. They are doing it because they think it's cool, not because it's what they believe.

Why would they call themselves emo and listen to such bad music(and yes, i have listened to "emo" music and i got nothing against screaming. I like screaming, i hate the message in the screaming.) if they weren't all bad? It's the society that they group themselves into that's bad: get rid of the society and what do you have? Those same people who bullied the true non-conformers when they were younger.

Ima quote the immortal technique because it basically sums up my argument:

Do you even know how many Christian screamo bands there are? So you're saying you hate the religious message?

Both goth and emos depress me. I find emos to be cheap imitations of goths, however, agreeing with what KoD said in the original message.

And Stavros, Last Resort is an ok song. Brings back mmories of this emo kid in my class singing that during tests and stuff.

You depress me. You also listen to a bit much of the "Emo Song". -.-

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
Gothic people hate the world and have the common decency to keep it to themselves for the most part. Many are otherwise just like normal people. Some are cheerful, some are loathsome, and some are depressed.

Emo people hate themselves because that girl in junior high wouldn't go out with them. They believe that their unattractiveness, small genitalia (Due to tight pants), high voices, horrible taste in music, feminine features and horriblly placed piercings are the fault of the oh-so-vastly immense stress being denied by that one girl created. They hate themselves and lack the common decency to keep it to themselves. Thus we have Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, etc. They are constantly acting in a highly "gay" manner, then cannot understand why no girls want to date them.

Goths >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emos

Naturally, I use stereotypes to support my thesis. Why, you ask? Because all they do today is fill out the very stereotypes they complain about.

Honky Sam

lol sup
Awards
Gothic people hate the world and have the common decency to keep it to themselves for the most part. Many are otherwise just like normal people. Some are cheerful, some are loathsome, and some are depressed.

Emo people hate themselves because that girl in junior high wouldn't go out with them. They believe that their unattractiveness, small genitalia (Due to tight pants), high voices, horrible taste in music, feminine features and horriblly placed piercings are the fault of the oh-so-vastly immense stress being denied by that one girl created. They hate themselves and lack the common decency to keep it to themselves. Thus we have Fall Out Boy, Hawthorne Heights, etc.

Goths >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emos

You're right for the first half. -.-

So you've met all the emo's in the world, and they all seem to hate themselves a girl in junior high wouldn't date them? Just because they where girl pants doesn't mean they have small genitalia. And you're saying all depressed people are emo, have small genitalia, where girl pants, and have a bad taste in music?

Stereotype. That's pretty much all I've seen in this thread so far.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
You're right for the first half. -.-

So you've met all the emo's in the world, and they all seem to hate themselves a girl in junior high wouldn't date them? Just because they where girl pants doesn't mean they have small genitalia. And you're saying all depressed people are emo, have small genitalia, where girl pants, and have a bad taste in music?

Stereotype. That's pretty much all I've seen in this thread so far.
Of course, if you had bothered to read the entirety of my post, you would have understood why I utilized stereotypes. But naturally, you overlooked the part of my post that went against your beliefs. It does indeed aid one's argument and points to actally pay attention to the entirety of another's utterances.

Stereotypes are all that exist. Society and its members divide themselves into groups and cliques for a reason. There is no unique, there is no special. There is nothing unlabelled.

You, as well as I, are a member of a group, a part of the collective. The individual mentality must, as a rule of society, conform to the will of the majority. If not, they are considered social rejects and exiled, in a manner of speaking. Even after such an event, they become members of yet another group and conform to the beliefs or mentalities of that collective. It is one of the most powerful needs of the human mind, according to Maslow. The need for acceptance, esteem, and intimacy. To deny those impulses and needs is to deny the mind itself. Being the "unique rebel" is far less important than maintaining psychological health.

To claim to be "free of labels" is to be telling a complete falsehood. You are a human. It is your label. You are of a certain race. It is your label. You are of a certain age. It is your label. The list goes on. Labels extend beyond soup cans, if you'll pardon my reference to the loathsome phrase utilized by "rebels."

I find it highly interesting that you seem to agree with my usage of goth stereotypes, yet vehemently reject my use of emo stereotypes. I do believe I smell a bit of hypocrisy.

Heartless Hunter

Of course, if you had bothered to read the entirety of my post, you would have understood why I utilized stereotypes. But naturally, you overlooked the part of my post that went against your beliefs. It does indeed aid one's argument and points to actally pay attention to the entirety of another's utterances.

Stereotypes are all that exist. Society and its members divide themselves into groups and cliques for a reason. There is no unique, there is no special. There is nothing unlabelled.

You, as well as I, are a member of a group, a part of the collective. The individual mentality must, as a rule of society, conform to the will of the majority. If not, they are considered social rejects and exiled, in a manner of speaking. Even after such an event, they become members of yet another group and conform to the beliefs or mentalities of that collective. It is one of the most powerful needs of the human mind, according to Maslow. The need for acceptance, esteem, and intimacy. To deny those impulses and needs is to deny the mind itself. Being the "unique rebel" is far less important than maintaining psychological health.

To claim to be "free of labels" is to be telling a complete falsehood. You are a human. It is your label. You are of a certain race. It is your label. You are of a certain age. It is your label. The list goes on. Labels extend beyond soup cans, if you'll pardon my reference to the loathsome phrase utilized by "rebels."

I find it highly interesting that you seem to agree with my usage of goth stereotypes, yet vehemently reject my use of emo stereotypes. I do believe I smell a bit of hypocrisy.

I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly the kind of crap the goths, emos, punks, gangsters, sluts, etc. should read. You've perfectly conveyed that the type of music you listen to and the style of clothes you wear don't mean jack **** in society. So - to all those arrogant teen cliques that focus their lives on their style - get over yourselves and try not to be the useless wastes of natural resources you are now.

Voltron

Silver Member
I couldn't have said it better myself. This is exactly the kind of crap the goths, emos, punks, etc. should read. The type of music you listen to and the style of clothes you wear don't mean jack **** in society. So get over yourselves and try not to be the useless wastes of natural resources you are now.

Try telling that to preps and jocks

var1ables

Play hard, go pro.
Awards
Stereotype.
which they live up to. The stereotype is only a stereotype if don't live to what standards they want you to. The same way that i say the latinos, myself being a latino, are mostly "gangbangers" and act like there "hard."I understand that they aren't everyone: just the vocal minority that seems ever increasing. Maybe they should practice what they preach, and fight the conformers, even those within there own group.
Do you even know how many Christian screamo bands there are? So you're saying you hate the religious message?
What part of "i love the screaming, but hate the message" don't you understand. I hate sh*t like "my life sucks, and i hate my parents" or " my life's a mess, in a sense i never knew i had" if you give no proof to back it up.
Note: i listen to hardcore and heavy metal: alot of hardcore and heavy metal. Look up the band between the buried and me, minor threat and other such and that's what i'm into. So STFU and realize that it has nothing to do with the screaming: it's the complaining i can't stand. If you are going to complain: complain about stuff that matters like taxes or something.
hey find some things to complain about that don't mean anything, or they're oversensitive. . .or maybe their parents don't give a damn what happens to them. . .maybe you're just looking at the outside of them and not actually trying to see inside of them, maybe there's something deeper. . .
I've had it rough to, but does that make me a whiner? No, you never hear about how my life sucks. Maybe they should learn what i did: life sucks then you die, and you make your life great, noone else does.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
I really don't like either. That's not to say I'm prejudiced enough to want anything to do with the people apart of the cliques, because I love people. If you're smart, funny and all that, then I don't care what you wear or how many holes are in your face.

But that also doesn't mean I won't rip on you. Seriously--do these people think they're "unique"
or "idividuals"? Hanging out in the city and bitching about people that wear light clothing isn't witty or special. Wearing black coats and and full length dresses isn't fashionable, nor something to be proud of. It just makes you look like an absolute tool.

Contrary to popular belief, it is quite possible to be unique while conforming to the majority

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Gothics vs Emo wtf?

People are people. I get sick of everyone saying all emos cut them self and all Gothic worship Satan etc. It's BS how people label other people.. I can't wear what I want without getting a label put on me.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
You may dress entirely in black one day and people will label you as a member of a darker state of mind. They needn't vocalize their opinions of you, but opinions are always formed. It is inevitable, as are labels.

You will be labelled as anything by anyone. There is nothing you can do about it. it is best to simply go along with it. Complaining and whining do nothing but make stereotypes worse.

It is not BS. It is normal human functioning.

ryoji1337

Steriotypes are what makes us who we are in looking glass theory.
We think of what others might think of us and conform to that due to our very own human behavior and there's little to do about it.

However, I do believe Goths to have a darker side of mind and might enjoy if not concentrate their lifestyle onto the darker side of life. >.>

While emos..x_x; Themselves are a steriotype but at the same time I believe they fit into many different kinds.

I.E. The main steriotype is someone who pisses and moans about little if not nothing and the other is a goth who hurts themsleves to relieve some of the darker side..more or less trying to reject their depression by delving into worse depression. Not much logic there.

I've met my own handful in my time, most which were of the first steriotype.
I personally believe for half if not more of all emos out there it is another form of clothing design like metrosexuality. It's just another thing they can say about themselves to dress a certain way without actually being it.

If being emo makes you look sexy but you can dress the way you want without being called a psycho or goth then some people will buy into it.

However I also like to call emos posers, and for good reason. Unless you have scars up and down your arms that define you as the original emo steriotype I'm going to think that you're just there for either the attention, the girls, or the clothing style. Seeing as originally if you hurted yourself in such a matter you weren't called emo or goth, you were called suicidal and it was considered a mental disorder. Not a way of life.

I really don't think there are many emos left that still take it seriously anymore, which is why the steriotype changed drastically over periods of time. If you want to call yourself emo, fine. If you want to be Goth, cool. But unless you yourself feel the need to conform to those steriotypes beyond reason and logic then by all means consider elsewise.

The human mind is not it's own, it's instinct to conformity and steriotype is nothing short of a primal urge that we all get. Thinking you can rise above it and that you won't be like that is almost ignorant. =/

T

Tyler Durden

"Goth" and "Emo" are basically style and clothing trends.

just that Scene emo's wear more of tight pants, blond/black hair, and wear their favorite band t's

I see goths as weirder =/
I just can't get past the huge pants with chains all over them =o

rather that than the emo kids with TIGHT pants and chains.

But emo girls are really pretty; goth girls just look like they would as soon ritually sacrifice me as have sex with me. =/

T

Tyler Durden

you get the point. =/

THEY SCARE THE HELL OUT OF ME.

There. That better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back