• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

God Moding

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Someone explain to me what excactly God moding is because i think that i know but right now somebody is telling me that im doing that when im pretty sure im not... so can somebody just tell what God Moding is and i mean to the letter!!!

SwagStarIV

Awards
say we were fighting and in between the fight i made a clone with out you knowing and then when you hit the clone i came from behind and cut your arm off... is that God Moding???

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
YEEEES. D: That sounds like powerplaying, too, so you're overly powerful and are controlling another person's character. (more the former than the later.)

H

Haxon

Using a bazooka and a gravity hammer in Halo... or so im told by my friends...

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
lmfao.

yes, yes it is. if the character himself had the power to make the clone and your opponent knew this, then thats fine.

but taking your opponent's damage into your own hands is god-modding/power-playing. your opponent will decide if you're attack is worthy enough of hitting. a decent roleplayer knows how to make a battle be even sided. usually the win will go to whoever is more creative, the better writer, or keeps the story moving (that last one is usually for roleplays that have a plot where one person is already decided that they will win).

SwagStarIV

Awards
lmfao.

yes, yes it is. if the character himself had the power to make the clone and your opponent knew this, then thats fine.

but taking your opponent's damage into your own hands is god-modding/power-playing. your opponent will decide if you're attack is worthy enough of hitting. a decent roleplayer knows how to make a battle be even sided. usually the win will go to whoever is more creative, the better writer, or keeps the story moving (that last one is usually for roleplays that have a plot where one person is already decided that they will win).

Im kinda confused... so your saying that since i said that i cut his arm off that made it God Moding??? cuz he knew i could make a clone... he just didn't know that i made it. I caused a smoke to cover the field earlier in the fight and then when i cam out i made it seem like it was me but it was a clone... i let him hit my clone and i came from behind and cut his arm off... Would you call that God Moding???

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
yes, thats exactly what i'm saying.

if i understand your situation correctly, what i would have done is have the clone move in with his knife/sword whatever aimed at your opponent's arm with clear intentions that you were trying to cut it off. then i woud have let him decide whether he really needed the arm or not.

Iwrestledabearonce

Δdrug gangΔ
Awards
Im kinda confused... so your saying that since i said that i cut his arm off that made it God Moding??? cuz he knew i could make a clone... he just didn't know that i made it. I caused a smoke to cover the field earlier in the fight and then when i cam out i made it seem like it was me but it was a clone... i let him hit my clone and i came from behind and cut his arm off... Would you call that God Moding???

YES IT IS.

It's when you're saying that you've damaged another character (I.E. "I cut off your leg, you can't move.") without giving them a chance to defend themselves/dodge/etc.

Oh, and yes, saying that what you attacked was a clone is DEFINITELY god-modding. You need to state ALL actions in an RP/Battle to have it count. Otherwise, that's just plain unfair.

EDIT: What Teiku is saying is exactly what should be done. I.E. "Jumping out from behind him, I gripped my sword as though it were welded into my very bones, poised to strike his arm. I was certain that if I struck, I could put the momentum behind the swing to sever his arm. Now, all that was left to do was strike."

^Something like that, only six paragraphs long.

SwagStarIV

Awards
YES IT IS.

It's when you're saying that you've damaged another character (I.E. "I cut off your leg, you can't move.") without giving them a chance to defend themselves/dodge/etc.

Oh, and yes, saying that what you attacked was a clone is DEFINITELY god-modding. You need to state ALL actions in an RP/Battle to have it count. Otherwise, that's just plain unfair.

:35: ok... i get it now...

yes, thats exactly what i'm saying.

if i understand your situation correctly, what i would have done is have the clone move in with his knife/sword whatever aimed at your opponent's arm with clear intentions that you were trying to cut it off. then i woud have let him decide whether he really needed the arm or not.

ok... thats not the exact situation but you totally cleared me up on what god modding is... gosh i have been doing that alot... i let him hit the clone on purpose so i could set him up for the sneak attack but since thats god moding... ok i'll go change it!!! :lol: thanks this thread can be closed now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back