• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Glorious PC Gaming Master Race thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 36435
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
i have an hp laptop and its kinda ehhhhhhhhhh bleh not optimal at all

i mean you can PLAY games on it, but dont expect amazing video quality

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
the framerate the game is running at in that video is horrid and it is on lower settings

how much does the laptop you're looking at cost? because i've put ~$500 into my gaming pc and and it can run most high end games (eg. battlefield 3, saints row 4, skyrim) at 40FPS and most over things at 60+ (granted i use 720p monitors but still)

if you get a laptop that runs current games at 20fps on low settings like in that video, you probably won't be playing games on it for more than a year or two before you need to get something else.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Yeah this guy ran the game on an hp pavilion diddly you guys trying to make me spend a fortune

if anything you would be spending a "fortune" on a laptop that can run games adequately, and then even more money trying to add parts to it given that laptops aren't supposed to be very customizable in the first place

like i said just getting a cheap netbook and then getting a gaming pc will give you a lot more bang for your buck

D

Deleted member 36435

You can't just stick a GPU into a Laptop consider most GPUs are like half the size of a laptop and you would have to basically disassemble and reassemble the entire thing to get to the part of the motherboard where it would go if there was even an extra PCIE port.

Spending money on an HP is literally making yourself spend a "fortune." Going with a brand like ASUS, Acer or simply following Paolo's advice is going to allow you to save money and have a stronger computer. HP has a notoriously high failure rate, as well and their customer service is absolute SHIT.

It's your money, spend it as you wish, however my advice is to not buy an HP. Ever.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
could i use a monitor cable to connect the pc to my laptop?

do you mean use a monitor cable to have your laptop display show up on your monitor? if so yes

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
You can't just stick a GPU into a Laptop consider most GPUs are like half the size of a laptop and you would have to basically disassemble and reassemble the entire thing to get to the part of the motherboard where it would go if there was even an extra PCIE port.

Translation: it's borderline open heart surgery. Not worth it.

Roronoa Zoro

Always on the lookout for aliens
Don't really see why you should care but I might b
do you mean use a monitor cable to have your laptop display show up on your monitor? if so yes

No I mean use it so if I put a game disc in a desktop pc that was connected to a laptop I could play the game on the laptop but the gpu would be coming from the pc so the game would look good even on a cheap netbook, which is what I thought you were saying.

D

Deleted member 36435

None of what you said makes sense.

Are you trying to run the GPU in a separate box and then have the laptop do everything else? Not possible.

If you are trying to build a computer and then use the laptop as a monitor: It's possible. It's a pain in the ass and generally not worth it because monitors can be bought for dirt cheap if you aren't too picky.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
No I mean use it so if I put a game disc in a desktop pc that was connected to a laptop I could play the game on the laptop but the gpu would be coming from the pc so the game would look good even on a cheap netbook, which is what I thought you were saying.

why would you do that? do you realize how small netbooks are? just run it on a monitor.

paolo is suggesting you get a netbook for portability, not for game function. the desktop is dedicated to gaming.

D

Deleted member 36435

Build your own desktop.

If you're unwilling to do that go with something like Acer or an Asus. You could even go with a Gateway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back