• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Give reasons why KH3 will/should be on the PS3 besides...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
the Wii's controller's is too simple. The motion sensor does not and will not work for Kingdom Hearts. It just won't work.

Kingdom Hearts is no more complicated than the Zelda series...in fact, Kingdom Hearts is LESS complicated than Zelda, though not by much, as Zelda incorporates more elements than simple sword swipes (inventory items, shields, armor, puzzles, etc.), whereas KH's gameplay is nothing more than attackattackattackattack, occasionally menu -> spell.

Nintendo could make Zelda work on the Wii when the game was developed for 3 years as a Gamecube game, and then last-second they decided to put it on the Wii console. You don't think Square-Enix could make a less-complicated game work if they're SPECIFICALLY making it for the console?

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
yeah and attackattackattackattack would be so intense for the Wii. (thinks bleach)
I mean unless you're using the wiimote as a controller instead of using the motion sensor then chyeah It would work. but I don't think they're going to downgrade the KH controls to several buttons.

besides all that
is the Wii able to hold some CG FMVs?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
The Wii is statistically 2x the power of the Gamecube, and the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2

On the note of the controller

Kingdom Hearts uses:
D-pad
Analog Stick
4 face buttons
2 Shoulder buttons

The Wii controller has (within reach):
D-pad
Analog Stick
2 Shoulder buttons
2 Face buttons
Left controller acts as accelerometer
Right controller has 360 depth and 6-axis motion sensing, with on-screen pointer

Sorikux

Hahahaha! I read some of your posts, and what you said had to do with my #1 and to some extent #2 so you contradict yourself and the whole point of this topic. Albeit a few of you (Hades, Muffin) you have 0% of what you're talking about and still go on the "PS3!" rampage and won't listen to arguments and facts and say "lulz KH3 on PS3 = factz!!" (ROFL) and "PS3 = JRPG system!" (ROFL again. The PS3 only has a handful of JRPGS ATM and a few coming up. If anything, the 360 is the "JRPG system" ATM while the Wii has a bunch of JRPGs coming out soon as well and is quickly treading up the 360 line).

Since (almost) all of you contradict yourself and facts, and say I have no argument (which I do) yet you obviously have none yourself and say "lulz, graphics r everything!" and "KH3 n PS3 = well nown fact!" (LMFAO at these) then I'm just going to leave this site. Until KH3 is announced, I won't be back.

And if it IS on the Wii, just be sure to remember me. If on PS3 then forget all about me. If on Wii, then be sure that I'm right and you're WRONG.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Albeit a few of you (Hades, Muffin) you have 0% of what you're talking about and still go on the "PS3!" rampage and won't listen to arguments and facts and say "lulz KH3 on PS3 = factz!!" (ROFL) and "PS3 = JRPG system!" (ROFL again. The PS3 only has a handful of JRPGS ATM and a few coming up. If anything, the 360 is the "JRPG system" ATM while the Wii has a bunch of JRPGs coming out soon as well and is quickly treading up the 360 line).

You're still ignoring the fact that the PS3 doesn't only offer RPG's. It has a lot of third party games being developed (Rachet and Clank, MGS4, GTA4, etc), and when those games come out, the PS3 will do better.

That's what I think you aren't understanding: you're basing this off current sales figures. But KH3 isn't going to be developed any time soon. The PS3 will definitely be doing better by the time KH3 is ready to be developed. You've yet to point where the problem is in this argument.

Also, please point where I said "KH3 on PS3=fact".

Alpha_Sonix

But some people do believe graphics are everything, some people judge games by graphics, if the graphics look like crap, they don't play the game, even if the gameplay is good and developers even believe it so. Why? Because it shows the realism in the game, your going to look at Disgaea 3 and say, what the hell? That game should be on the PS1 or PS2 or the Wii, or look at Time Crisis 4, those are basically PS2 graphics so it should be on the PS2? Face it, FMV's have taken over, they're on Xbox 360, PS3 and even the Wii, even Square Enix put too much FMV's into Crisis Core and look at that, I bet the game is short and also when Kingdom Hearts 3 gets released on the PS3, I will laugh at you for not looking at the facts, if it goes on the Wii, I will praise you and support you, but does it really matter which console it's on? I don't really care since I'm getting a PS3 and a Wii so it dosen't really matter as long as I get to play the game.

N

*~NeoAdamus~*

well sometimes games are also judged on marketing. I have this game called Blood Will Tell, which isnt that bad actually and little was ever heard of it because of low marketing. Not enough to get it to sell. Also we judge games b what we see. Remember before KH they kept showing pictures about it, but it just seemed like some other crappy game. Man was that some ignorance or what

Sorikux

You're still ignoring the fact that the PS3 doesn't only offer RPG's. It has a lot of third party games being developed (Rachet and Clank, MGS4, GTA4, etc), and when those games come out, the PS3 will do better.

That's what I think you aren't understanding: you're basing this off current sales figures. But KH3 isn't going to be developed any time soon. The PS3 will definitely be doing better by the time KH3 is ready to be developed. You've yet to point where the problem is in this argument.

Also, please point where I said "KH3 on PS3=fact".

!. Ratchet and Clank is a first-party game, not third-party. And it's been released. It did crap. 97k first week and 40k this week. It barely pushed any hardware. And the 40 GB + 80 GB price drop did barely anything either.

2. I never said you said " "KH3 on PS3=fact". I was talking about other people.

Let's just say I know some stuff that you don't.

OK, I'm leaving...

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Ah, Sorikux, always arguing about this, IT"S SO ANNOYING!! We ALL know you want it on the Wii. And Ratchet and Clank did good, it's not crap. And what stuff do you know?

TSora

R.O.X.A.S #5
Denmark(some people, coughEngulfedcough, think it'
Website
www.freewebs.com
!. Ratchet and Clank is a first-party game, not third-party. And it's been released. It did crap. 97k first week and 40k this week. It barely pushed any hardware. And the 40 GB + 80 GB price drop did barely anything either.

2. I never said you said " "KH3 on PS3=fact". I was talking about other people.

Let's just say I know some stuff that you don't.

OK, I'm leaving...

About time...It seems you still only can exept your own arguments, and won't listen other peoples, who have just as good arguments as you have, some are better. It seems to me, that you really REALLY want the next-gen KH to be on the Wii, and won't allow any reasons for it not to be.

Charlie K

Back in Business
R&C NEVER will suck!NEVER. Infact if it ever does, the world will coem to a hault.R&C will never suck!

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
Wow, can't believe I missed this! Ok first off, I said this so many times and I'm going to say it again but simplified,"PS3 equal no faliure!". 360 was out how many years, 2 correct? PS3 has been out 1, right? If PS3's sales are half (if not a tad higher) how is it doing bad if its been out half the time the 360 has?(Btw, u can see the sales if you search in the fourms usually on the General Video Games Section, they have charts) And it'll be doing even better when more exclusives are released say MGS4 and now confirmed God of War III and of course FFXIII. Wii has been doing incredible because anyone can play it, even people who haven't ever picked up a game controller. It's a system for everyone and, my guess, it'll die first because most games on it are party games and more can be done on 360 and PS3 hardware.

135% rise in sells, last time I checked, is VERY GOOD! And that's the exact number the sales had increased by when the first pricedrop came upon the 60GB. I don't know the new sales numbers, but I can assure you the PS3 sales have increased greatly.

Now, back to the acual topic of KH3 on PS3. Well to start off, Disney has been favoring the Blu-Ray discs if anyone has noticed but I don't know anything about a contract or such but I'm guessing so since every single Disney movie is only on Blu-Ray HDDVD. Also, Nourma has in fact stated that he wants to work with ALL the systems but here's the big thing that was said about KH on the DS," It would ruin the Kingdom Hearts experience." No we're not talking about the DS but like others said, the PS3 controller is EXACTLY the same as the PS2 and the Wii controller has less buttons. And if the attacking was reduced to using the Wii mote as a Keyblade, wouldn't that ruin the KH experience, excluding the awesomeness of what, 5 minutes? That's pretty much all I can think of right now. Feel free to argue.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
Also, Nourma has in fact stated that he wants to work with ALL the systems but here's the big thing that was said about KH on the DS," It would ruin the Kingdom Hearts experience."

That's really not something I agree with. I was disappointed in Nomura because of that. So many franchises had different experiences on DS, but they felt the same, so why wouldn't a great company like SE be capable of that with KH?

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
That's really not something I agree with. I was disappointed in Nomura because of that. So many franchises had different experiences on DS, but they felt the same, so why wouldn't a great company like SE be capable of that with KH?

I forgot to add that it was with the Touch Screen. But I agree, I think if they did it as a type of menu like a quick pick of potions and such, it would work out fine. I was using it as an example as to the Wii not giving the full KH experience or feel.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
135% rise in sells, last time I checked, is VERY GOOD! And that's the exact number the sales had increased by when the first pricedrop came upon the 60GB. I don't know the new sales numbers, but I can assure you the PS3 sales have increased greatly.

A 100% increase of doing terribly, is still "terrible". The PS3 is at about the same point the 360 was, this is true, however you seem to forget that if it's selling the pace that the 360 used to be selling, that means that it will perpetually be behind the 360

If someone is 100 feet ahead of you, and you're walking the same speed as they are, you will always be 100 feet behind that person.

nodfigs.jpg

At any given month, the PS3 is always selling from 1/2 to 1/5th less than either the 360 or the Wii, the 100% increase and sales was from "abysmal" to "barely passable", as that 'record' increase in sales was less than the very WORST month of the year for the 360

Last edited:

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Right, I never met that it would pass the 360. What I met was that its selling at the same pace as the 360, and people say that the sells are great for the 360, then the PS3 should be selling great as well, just not as high. Yeah its the lowest selling console but its not a complete failure as some people say. Its like a rat starting a few seconds earlier in a race then the second rat. The 2nd rat will lose, but it was the speed as the 1st, giving it some credit.

EDIT: Well this is also before the new 40GB released and its possible that sales increased, but its also likely that it hasn't. Well for now it is behind, but we don't know what the future holds.

tetraalmasy

I'm back!
The Wii is statistically 2x the power of the Gamecube, and the Gamecube was more powerful than the PS2

On the note of the controller

Kingdom Hearts uses:
D-pad
Analog Stick
4 face buttons
2 Shoulder buttons

The Wii controller has (within reach):
D-pad
Analog Stick
2 Shoulder buttons
2 Face buttons
Left controller acts as accelerometer
Right controller has 360 depth and 6-axis motion sensing, with on-screen pointer

hold up. I was asking CG wise. for FMV movies.

and how will the on screen pointer be incoorporated into KH gameplay?

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Oh wow, Tetraal, consoles have been capable of FMV scenes since 1994, you don't think that a console twice as powerful as the PS2 could do FMV scenes, when the Super Nintendo could?

The pointer could be incorporated into the Camera, as well as be used for Magic and Projectile attacks. So, you're facing a hoard of Heartless, you select "Magic" slice a line across the screen and watch Sora mimic that slice, a large row of flames bursts forward from the Keyblade as he slices and slams into the row of Heartless. Or, Sora being able to actually fully control the bullets of Wisdom form and aim where they go, or make precise shots with Blizzard, or being able to draw a line on the ground and have a row of Thunders follow it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back