• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Gamestop Employees: Weird?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Trag

Bronze Member
There's a gamestop a few minutes away from my house with some cool staff. This one guy, Moe, he's always talking to you about the games you buy or if you're talking about shit like anime he'll put in his two cents. He's a cool dude. There's some other people there that I don't like because of their mild incompetence, but it's not that big a deal.

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
There's a gamestop a few minutes away from my house with some cool staff. This one guy, Moe, he's always talking to you about the games you buy or if you're talking about shit like anime he'll put in his two cents. He's a cool dude.

All gamestop employees I've ever encountered have been like this. It drives me insane. I don't care about your experiences with the game I'm buying. I don't care about your opinions or irrelevant game trivia. It's annoying. :<

kurokitsunefang

okay, ive had several tell me the ending to the game im buying... like Days, im like... WTF?! THANKS ******

the next month after beating days i walked in to get a copy of super mario bros wii and this kid was behind me on line for the register (it was behind counter), he must have been like 8 or 9 so I asked for the game and i got the last one... turns out the guy behind the counter was this kid's older bro, and i 'took his bro's game' ... i tried walking away until i realized he "neglected" to pull the magnetic strip off my game and security came for me... fml

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
the people at my usual GS are pretty nice

a girl once gave me a shirt
inside her shirt was her phone number XD

impart

Climb The Sky
awh man. ya ive met some weird people

this one time....oh god I can barely think about it without cringing
this one time last year I wanted the Dissidia PSP Advent children pack that they were doing for $200 an I needed a PSP anyways to play BBS

and so I pre- orderd it
perfectly nice guy rung me up. friendly.
a couple days later I was looking affectionately at my receipt ?and it said on it

Hannah Montanna PSP package

I just about shit myself.

I whent back to get it fixed and I got the manager and he fixed it, but he said if i hadn't noticed it and came in like a day later, they might not have been able to fix it because they were only offering the Dissidia pack for a week.

so ya, close call.
the guy could have just made a mistake.

but seriously how do you make a mistake like that

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
The employees at the GS I frequent are all pretty nice. You know, they're typical employees; they say hi when you walk in if there's pretty much no one else there, ask if you need help looking for something, etc. The only time they asked if I wanted to buy something else was just a subscription to GameInformer. They claimed it's the best gaming magazine in the country, so we bought a sub to check it out. What a waste of money...

When I was going to preorder Dissidia, I started talking with my dad in line about the new SE game I was looking forward to, and the cashier asked if it was FF13. I told him it was BBS, and he looked somewhat disappointed. I get the feeling he wanted to talk about it.

popiushaaa

Not really sure if this is the right section, but uh..
Yeah. Had this on my mind after a visit to gamestop.
Is anybody else sort of wary of their employees?

Like for instance. One time I went into gamestop, simply picked up and looked at Final Fantasy I and some 300 pound girl starts elephant charging me to tell me how great of a game it is, why it's a great game, and why I should buy it for a half hour while I completely ignore her and look around at some other games.

Another example is me picking up Street Fighter 3 mynordstrom employee (aww yeah, had a fun night that night after about 4 of my buddies and I sat in the middle of a room with our psps screaming until 4 in the morning) and your average joe walks up to me and asks me if I'll go get my PSP out of the car and play him.
sad enough I did anyways.
I've also had a gamestop employee hit on my mom.

Anyways, discuss:
Odd Gamestop workers
Weird experiences at game stores
related crap.

It's 2020; and This thread is still relevant... Same behavior and same attitude....

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
I haven't been to a GameStop in years, mainly because they left Puerto Rico. I find it funny because one of the GameStops where I live now, they had like literally changed buildings only for GS to announce "yeah, we're closing now forever cya"

In my case, I've never had bad experiences. GS employees have always been just regular or friendly.

Blackrazor187

Awards
Website
www.rogueotakugamer.com
I do find it annoying when they follow me around and try to get me to purchase their services. So i mainly stick to the indie gaming stores instead or online retailers.
Plus they seem more interested in selling cheap quality pop culture merch instead of games these days especially those funko pops that are like the pogs of the 21st century.

Back