• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Games I would like to see (and that I think we should have)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterZeR0

This is a list of games that I would love to see added to the Kingdom Hearts Series. I realize the chances of any new games (besides the unnamed one) released between 3D and 3 are extremely little to none, but I figured I would share my opinion.

A prequel game, taking place before Birth By Sleep. I believe that BBS could have elaborated on the Keyblade War more than it did. We still have many unanswered questions about not only the war, but keyblades in general. We are still unaware of many of the keyblade's abilities. It would also give an excuse to elaborate on the history of the worlds, such as when darkness began developing in hearts. It could also explain the role of Kingdom Hearts (the world). It would be a sidestory, but it would have some interesting points that elaborate on the lore of the series.

A filler game taking place in between Birth By Sleep and KH1. We are LARGELY unaware of most of the events taking place during this period. The game could elaborate on Ansem and his apprentice's experiments and fall into darkness. We could also be introduced to the somebodies of the remaining Org. 13 Members (Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene). It could also reveal what happened to Lea and Isa to turn them into Nobodies. I realize a lot of people don't really care about the somebodies of the rest of Org. 13. But this game would also focus on the "seeds that MX planted", such as Xehanort and Braig's plans, the Emblem Heartless and Nobodies being created, etc.

A game focusing on Riku's travels in KH1. I realize it's been said before, and also that it is one of the theories of KH:3D. But If it isn't what 3D is about, then this game would be very appreciated. It would determine what happened to him through the entire first game, leading up to Castle Oblivion. We would also find out him training with Maleficent, obtaining his dark powers, and searching worlds (possibly new ones) in his quest for the PoH. And throughout the whole game, Riku would have an ongoing struggle with Xehanort's Heartless, whom is trying to take over his body (which he succeeds at near the end of the game). It would also give us a chance to explore the Dark Realm.

Well, that's all the ideas I have for now. Let me know what you think! And if this isn't where this should go, please no yelling, I didn't know. :) If you have any other ideas, or comments on my ideas, speak your mind!

Horizon's Knight

Currently [REDACTED]
This is a list of games that I would love to see added to the Kingdom Hearts Series. I realize the chances of any new games (besides the unnamed one) released between 3D and 3 are extremely little to none, but I figured I would share my opinion.

Nomura did say there wouldbe two more side games before KH3 unfortunately, and I don't think Nomura counted Re:Coded as one of them since that is just a remake of Coded, which is part of the tripo with Days and BBS. So, let a rip.

A prequel game, taking place before Birth By Sleep. I believe that BBS could have elaborated on the Keyblade War more than it did. We still have many unanswered questions about not only the war, but keyblades in general. We are still unaware of many of the keyblade's abilities. It would also give an excuse to elaborate on the history of the worlds, such as when darkness began developing in hearts. It could also explain the role of Kingdom Hearts (the world). It would be a sidestory, but it would have some interesting points that elaborate on the lore of the series.

Nomura said that he wasn't going to make a game futher in the past than BBS. While I'd like to see what happened in the Keyblade Wars, fanservice might create a character connected to a current character. I think it would be better for Sora and company to find hidden temples and artifacts from the keyblade war instead. That way, they would know how the original Keyblade War was started and how it ended. That way, Sora and company might either try to prevent it from happening again, or end it if they are currently in one. However, I think something like this would be better explored after the Xehanort Saga.

A filler game taking place in between Birth By Sleep and KH1. We are LARGELY unaware of most of the events taking place during this period. The game could elaborate on Ansem and his apprentice's experiments and fall into darkness. We could also be introduced to the somebodies of the remaining Org. 13 Members (Demyx, Luxord, Marluxia, and Larxene). It could also reveal what happened to Lea and Isa to turn them into Nobodies. I realize a lot of people don't really care about the somebodies of the rest of Org. 13. But this game would also focus on the "seeds that MX planted", such as Xehanort and Braig's plans, the Emblem Heartless and Nobodies being created, etc.

I don't think that would be jsut a filler game. A filler gamne is something that just stalls us from trying to rush other projects in order to start developing an imporant game of their choosing. That could actually be important to the plot, and that large gap might even contain the rumored Mystery Protagonist who could be the creator of ATW's data. After all, I doubt AtW figured out haow to save VAT in only two years. He's been in the Realm of Nothingness for eight years, so he might have had someone on the outside create the data.

A game focusing on Riku's travels in KH1. I realize it's been said before, and also that it is one of the theories of KH:3D. But If it isn't what 3D is about, then this game would be very appreciated. It would determine what happened to him through the entire first game, leading up to Castle Oblivion. We would also find out him training with Maleficent, obtaining his dark powers, and searching worlds (possibly new ones) in his quest for the PoH. And throughout the whole game, Riku would have an ongoing struggle with Xehanort's Heartless, whom is trying to take over his body (which he succeeds at near the end of the game). It would also give us a chance to explore the Dark Realm.

I don't know what to say for one, so I'm not going to.

It's good that your trying to come up with (mostly) realistic solutions for possible gamnes Nomura might make. I give you props!
s1cofeeman

TheBucket

Mount Vernon, Indiana, United States, North Americ
Website
www.youtube.com
As far as we can tell, there are going to be two games released before 3; 3D and the new "series."

Yes unfortunately, Nomura has stated many times that there will be no game that takes place before BBS. No GAME.......

Between BBS and KH1 does need to be elaborated on, but...how do we make it a game? There's no enemies to fight, no real gameplay to do, just...stuff to find out. IMPORTANT stuff, but...I think maybe we'll see glimpses of these events in memory flashbacks during KH3, seeing as it will be dealing with Xehanort for the last time.

And even though it would be nice to see the events from Riku's point of view, I'm going to say no, because we have one too many games that are just remakes of KH1 (like CoM and coded.)

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
ummm who would we play as if sora isnt a master and TAV arent able to be there?

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com
i suppose but i dont think the gameplay would be very interesting. the stuff that happens in that time is good stuff but the gameplay would unfortunately suck

It couldn't be any worse than CoM's.

I'd be in it for the story anyway, and as long as it wouldn't be some shitty card-based battle system, I'd be fine with it.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
It couldn't be any worse than CoM's.

I'd be in it for the story anyway, and as long as it wouldn't be some shitty card-based battle system, I'd be fine with it.

I enjoyed that card system...

and I'm fine with any kingdom hearts game Nomura puts out. It's HIS story, let HIM tell it.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
I enjoyed that card system...

and I'm fine with any kingdom hearts game Nomura puts out. It's HIS story, let HIM tell it.

LOL I didn't.

Pretty much this. I was just saying, though, that it'd be interesting to have a game - or hell, even a movie a la Advent Children - just about the apprentices from their perspective.

Wheels

Maybe the game inbetween could be covered by like a novel, or a little mini movie like FFVII Last Order. Though I would prefer it playable, but not sure how it would work. Maybe like a puzzle game or something

MasterZeR0

Thanks for the feedback everyone! About the inbetween BBS and KH1 Game: I HAD been thinking about Mickey as protagonist, although it would've sucked majorly. I had been thinking that because I didn't know of anyone else that would make a good protagonist. But I was struck when Mori said that one or more of the apprentices could be playable. ^_^ I also like the idea of an Advent Children-esque movie or novel for it.

About the Prequel Game: I know it won't happen, at least in the Xehanort saga, but maybe in the next saga it could be expanded upon. I just thought it'd be interesting to expand on all the background information and such.

About the Riku Game: I really hate backtracking KH1 (CoM and Coded, I'm talking to you), although I'd really like to see it from Riku's perspective.

And I agree with Ovafaze COMPLETELY. I don't understand why people are always bashing on new games. I say if Nomura can add it to the series, it fits in with it and adds to the story. It IS his, so don't complain.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Pretty much this. I was just saying, though, that it'd be interesting to have a game - or hell, even a movie a la Advent Children - just about the apprentices from their perspective.

That would be awesome to just have CG kingdom Hearts movie. But I would still want to see some fighting, alot of action.

Auxia

I don't know, while I agree there wasn't much said about the Keyblade Wars I think it's BETTER that way. These wars obviously aren't the focal point of BBS or the series as a whole and probably only exist to give the X-Blade metaphorical weight.

This is the only one I could see actually happening. Playing as Terranort would be awesome, but other than that, Nomura likes us to use our imaginations to fill in the gaps. If this game did come to fruition, I'm sure Braig would play a huge part. It seems like he was the one who led Terranort down the path of the Organization in the first place.

There just wouldn't be much in this game, IMO. We pretty much know how he spent his time after he parted with Sora on the islands, and then there's the Reverse/Rebirth storyline of CoM and Re:CoM.

MasterZeR0

I don't know, while I agree there wasn't much said about the Keyblade Wars I think it's BETTER that way. These wars obviously aren't the focal point of BBS or the series as a whole and probably only exist to give the X-Blade metaphorical weight.

This is the only one I could see actually happening. Playing as Terranort would be awesome, but other than that, Nomura likes us to use our imaginations to fill in the gaps. If this game did come to fruition, I'm sure Braig would play a huge part. It seems like he was the one who led Terranort down the path of the Organization in the first place.

There just wouldn't be much in this game, IMO. We pretty much know how he spent his time after he parted with Sora on the islands, and then there's the Reverse/Rebirth storyline of CoM and Re:CoM.

Thanks for your feedback. I personally think the one most likely to happen is the inbetween game. The second most likely..... Probably the prequel. I agree with you, the Riku game would be mostly unnecessary. But I'm still hoping for a game in between BBS and KH1.

And also, just elaborating on my idea, I think that possibly Braig, Aeleus, and Dilan would be playable (considering they have weapons). Xehanort would be cool, but he couldn't do much.

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
That would be awesome to just have CG kingdom Hearts movie. But I would still want to see some fighting, alot of action.

Well, I don't know how much of that you could get if they did one of the apprentices, unless they all have a habit of beating the crap out of each other when they get bored in the lab. :/

Thanks for the feedback everyone! About the inbetween BBS and KH1 Game: I HAD been thinking about Mickey as protagonist, although it would've sucked majorly. I had been thinking that because I didn't know of anyone else that would make a good protagonist. But I was struck when Mori said that one or more of the apprentices could be playable. ^_^ I also like the idea of an Advent Children-esque movie or novel for it.

About the Prequel Game: I know it won't happen, at least in the Xehanort saga, but maybe in the next saga it could be expanded upon. I just thought it'd be interesting to expand on all the background information and such.

About the Riku Game: I really hate backtracking KH1 (CoM and Coded, I'm talking to you), although I'd really like to see it from Riku's perspective.

And I agree with Ovafaze COMPLETELY. I don't understand why people are always bashing on new games. I say if Nomura can add it to the series, it fits in with it and adds to the story. It IS his, so don't complain.​

It would be interesting especially to have Xehanort and Braig as playable apprentices, seeing as they've got huge roles in the Xehanort Saga.

And as for the story being Nomura's, yeah, I agree. It's obvious that KH is his baby and that he still has a good bit more to tell.

Allister Rose

French Lover
a game before TAV that is about the keyblade wars will make the story of kh nota bout sora.

a filler game between BBS- kh1 is a bit unnecessary. Everything about that time was explained in ansem reports and anything that is a mystery will be explained in future kh titles. so i can't see why we need a filler game.

also i thought chain of memories gave us some info on riku's adventure in kh1. either way nomura did say kh coded was suppose to give us some in sight on that but it didn't.

KingdomSoul333

Bronze Member
a game before TAV that is about the keyblade wars will make the story of kh nota bout sora.

a filler game between BBS- kh1 is a bit unnecessary. Everything about that time was explained in ansem reports and anything that is a mystery will be explained in future kh titles. so i can't see why we need a filler game.

also i thought chain of memories gave us some info on riku's adventure in kh1. either way nomura did say kh coded was suppose to give us some in sight on that but it didn't.
all my thoughts exactly........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back