• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► First Fanfic! w00t!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Hi everyone :)

Wow, that chappy did better than I thought it would :eek: Action really isn't my strong point at all.

I guess I should put you out of your misery ^-^

Thanks for the Fundraiser idea. We should sell cookies or something XD

Chapter Fourty-Four

The Heartless held its head back, ready to finish Sora off with a final mighty blast of its fire. It suddenly stopped, yelped, screeching loudly.

Sora opened his eyes again, saw Kairi grasping the wolf’s feathers, holding on with all her strength. It shook its head, trying to fling her off, but she managed to stay on. She grabbed the scruff of its neck, pulling its head back, holding it still.

“Quick, Sora!” she cried, “I can’t hold on much longer, go for the back of its throat!”

Sora panicked, unsure of exactly what she’d meant, racking his brains for an answer. An idea popped into his head. That was what Kairi meant. He held the Keyblade forward, focusing his last ounce of strength into a spell.

“Freeze!” he shouted. The Keyblade shot pointed icicles away, sending freezing air blasting towards the Heartless’ face. The ice shattered in its mouth, the air stinging its yellow, angry eyes.

It staggered around, its weepy eyes closed, shaking its head violently. Kairi fell off onto her back, watched the Heartless flailing around frantically, smashing against the huge pillars of rock, screeching and howling in pain. It coughed, grunted, snorted, trying desperately to blast its fire at its opponents, defeat them, but its attempts weren’t working. Sora’s idea, on the other hand, had worked. Freezing its throat had been a good solution, preventing their blazing foe from breathing its deadly fire. Its knees weakened, it dropped down onto the floor, collapsing in a furry heap, cracking its head on the way down. It lay still, then faded away, back into the black blur from where it came, then gone.

Sora immediately struggled to his feet, dismissing the Keyblade. He helped Kairi up off the floor, back onto her feet. Seeing the Heartless come crashing down to the floor, she’d curled up into a ball, protecting her head.

“Are you alright?” he asked, holding her closely. “Thanks Kai, I don’t know what would have happened without you there.” He kissed her softly.

“Yeah, I’m fine,” she smiled. She seemed a little shaken, but alright. “I just sorta jumped.” Her smile grew into a grin. “I saw it pin you, and I panicked. I had to do something.” She glanced back at King Mickey, then gave Sora a quick kiss. “You better get over there, he’s really hurt.” Sora nodded, ran back over to the King.

King Mickey was sprawled out on the floor, Donald and Goofy at his sides, cuts and bruises all over his motionless body. Sora stood still, staring, paralysed with shock for a moment. Seeing the once mighty King fallen, defeated, struck him like a bolt from the blue. After regaining his mobility after the initial terror, he began fumbling frantically around in his pockets, digging out the medical supplies he’d brought, flinging them around. Goofy turned around.

“It’s ok, Sora,” he reassured him, “Donald has already cast a spell, the King should be fine in a while.” Sora breathed a long sigh of relief, knelt beside Donald, picking up all the supplies he’d scattered while recklessly searching his pockets. Goofy looked up at Sora again. “There’s one slight problem.”

“What?” Sora asked, suddenly panicked again. “King Mickey will be fine, like you said, right?” Although exhausted from the battle, he still had enough energy to jump up.

“We’ll have to stay here a few hours, take a long rest,” Donald looked up too. “It would be best for the King to sleep this off. Maybe we should set up camp here.” He winced, bracing himself for the return of Sora’s anger. His breath was taken away as Sora responded calmly, simply nodding.

“Ok,” Sora nodded in response, looking down at King Mickey again. He was unable to look away, wished he could help. At least putting up the tent could be his way of helping out.

“Sorry for leaving you back there,” Goofy apologised, “we thought you’d be able to handle it while we helped King Mickey. We didn’t realise how badly he’d been hurt.”

“It’s ok,” Sora replied, “I guess I’ll go get started.” He stood up and took the tent from the backpack, knowing that this was his way of helping the King. He accepted the fact that they had to stay, for King Mickey’s sake. More than anything, he wanted the King to recover, even if it meant having to postpone their search for Riku. Kairi joined him, helping him set up the tent. Donald and Goofy did not get up to help, merely stayed by their King’s side.

Something told Sora and Kairi that they would probably be alone until King Mickey was better, however long that was. Not that it was a bad thing, but the tent was so big that they were struggling to put it up themselves after the exhaustion of their battle. An extra pair of hands would have been nice. Sora was just happy that King Mickey was going to be alright. Plus, having a long rest like this would mean that they could search for Riku for longer the following day. That was all that mattered.

Hope you like it, even though it's kinda short. Sorry about that, the next chappy didn't work as well being split.

<3 <3

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
I know, alone ;)

Your Birthday? I'll have to get a cake. And mousse. And cookies. :D

Righty-o, on to the chappy. It was two seperate chapters, but I decided to put them together into one big chappy. It works better, plus I have about 23 chapters all finished. Get comfy, it's ridiculously long.

Wait, do I have to put warnings on stuff? Heads up if you're offended by lurve stuff ^-^ Don't say I didn't warn you.

Chapter Fourty-Five

Night was beginning to fall, shadows lengthening in the slowly dimming light. At least the tent was ready now, a welcome point of safety in this uncertain environment. Everyone had helped to carry King Mickey into the tent, where he could rest well and hopefully recover soon. After some food, they had all decided to get some sleep. Sora was an extremely light sleeper, so any noises would wake him straight away. This comforted the others, knowing Sora would alert them to any danger or threat as they slept. All was quiet in the tent, everyone sleeping peacefully, regaining their energy. Everyone except Sora.

He lay awake, staring upwards, his head resting on his hands. Kairi lay next to him, curled comfortably inside their blankets. Bizarrely, Square-One was freezing cold at night, the complete opposite to the blistering heat of the day. It was a good job that the King had packed the tent and blankets. Sighing, Sora got up, pulled on a shirt. He tenderly covered Kairi back up in the blankets after pulling them up as he stood. He tried not to knock down the small light that had been placed by the door of the tent. It shivered in the wind as he stepped out, tying the cloth door down as he left.

He sat outside in the darkness, down on the cold, cracked stone ground. Shivering a little, he collected a few stones together, then, after summoning the Keyblade, cast a spell on them.

“Fire,” he whispered, trying not to wake the others, or draw attention to himself. A small spark shot from the Keyblade, set the stones alight with a burning orange glow. He dismissed the Keyblade and warmed his hands over the soft flame, looking around.

The sky was black, unmarked by any glittering stars. The smoke and dust clouds probably masked the land, refusing to let the light of the stars smile down upon this harsh world. The rocks made unpleasant shapes in the darkness, like something from a child’s nightmare. Off in the distance, Sora saw the yellowish glare from the ever-flowing volcano, the colour bleeding into the smoke, producing a greyish yellow swirl on the horizon. There was silence, even the volcano was quiet, simply flowing, not exploding with life as it usually did. The fire crackled a little, but that was all. Sora occasionally looked back to the tent, checking on it, then looked back at his surroundings, thinking of Riku.

It was an unusual feeling, to be so close, yet so far. Part of him wanted to run towards Riku, leave the tent behind, to end the turmoil in his mind. The other, stronger part of him refused, would not let him leave. Sora sighed. A few days and this would all be over.

“The sooner, the better,” he thought, throwing a small stone into his fire. The embers scattered, then settled back into the small flames. The crackling sounds of the fire were joined by another sound. A voice.

“Sora?” it called. “Are you out here?” Sora looked over his shoulder. Kairi was stood by the tent, looking back at him, wrapped up in their blanket. She gave him a quiet wave.

“Hey Kai,” he whispered, the orange glow lighting his face. “I didn’t wake you, did I?” He held out a hand, inviting her to sit with him.

“No,” she shook her head, sitting down next to him. She looked around into the shadows. “It’s strange… This place feels awful during the day, but at night…” Sora nodded.

“I know, it feels different,” he agreed. “It feels safer at night, for some reason.” He shrugged, got back to looking at the fire.

“But what are you doing out here?” she asked, looking him up and down. “Here, it’s too cold to be outside in shorts.” She smiled, wrapped the huge blanket around him, snuggled up close.

“I couldn’t sleep,” Sora looked back at the fire, watching the flames dancing in the darkness. “I came out here to think…” He felt Kairi place a warm hand on his knee.

“About Riku,” she said, finishing his sentence, waiting for a response. Sora simply nodded slowly, fingered the cold ground for a pebble, stone, anything to feed the quickly dying fire. Kairi sighed, sympathetic as she watched his hands poking out of the blanket, fumbling around on the floor. It seemed he was trying to take his mind off Riku. “You think about him a lot, don’t you?”

“All the time,” Sora sighed, tossing a pebble into the fire. The fire instantly devoured it, sending embers floating up into the cool air. Sora sat quietly. Perhaps Kairi was trying to get him to open up again. He decided to himself that he’d accept this. Maybe talking about Riku would help his mind. “You think about him a lot?” He repeated her question, although he knew what she’d say. Kairi had a close relationship with him, she was like Riku’s little sister, he was constantly protecting her and caring for her. She looked up to him like a big brother.

“Yeah,” Kairi replied, nodding. Sora smiled to himself, knowingly. “I think about him every day.” She looked at Sora, saw his blue eyes still fixated on the glow of the fire. “I haven’t seen him since…” She, too, looked at the fire, saw the flames coiling and twisting, making contorted shapes in the darkness. She tried to remember the last time she‘d seen him. “Since when we wanted to leave the islands on our raft, remember?” This memory made Sora smile, thinking of the happy times they’d all spent together on Destiny Island. These memories were so precious to him, he hoped he’d never lose a single moment from his mind. He put an arm around Kairi.

“I’d give anything to go back to then,” he whispered. “When we were all together.”

Kairi nodded. She, too, longed to return to the Islands, with her closest friends. Her family, in all honesty.

“It’s gonna be weird seeing him,” Sora mused, sitting quietly, reminiscing of the old times. “I mean, it’s been two whole years. He’s gonna be different.” He thought that his old friend might have changed over these long years. He hoped that he hadn’t, that Riku had stayed the same.

“I don’t think he’ll be any different,” she replied. “He’s way too independent to let anyone change him.” She smiled, thinking of her ’big brother’ again, remembering all the fun times they‘d shared. Her smile then faded, her heart heavy. “I miss him so much.” She leaned closer to Sora, huddled up next to him. He pulled her close, put both arms around her.

“I know, Kai,” he whispered, soothing her. “I miss him too.” He stroked her hair, wanted to calm her as much as he could. “It’ll all be over soon, we’ll be back on Destiny Island before you know it.” Sora told himself this every single day, whenever he felt upset about Riku, and it seemed to work. He hoped it would help Kairi, too.

“I know,” she sighed, wiping the tears from her eyes. “It just doesn’t feel that way right now.” Sora nodded, kissing her head softly. She sighed, thinking of Riku more. “What are you going to do when you find him?” Sora paused, thought about her question. It took him a few moments to respond.

“I’m not so sure,” Sora sighed, falling back onto the ground, looking up at the unusual completely black sky. “Part of me is gonna want to run at him, give him a hug. The other part of me wants to be more cautious, ’cause of the dreams and everything.” He put one arm behind his head as support. “I think I’m gonna have to go with King Mickey’s idea, and not decide anything before meeting Riku himself.” Kairi nodded, lying down next to Sora.

“That’s a good idea,” she replied. “I don’t think I’m gonna be able to help myself, though.” Kairi giggled, resting on Sora’s shoulder. “When I see him, I’ll just want to give him a hug.” She felt Sora laugh, and smiled. “I can’t wait to see him.”

They lay there, still in the darkness. Much to their confusion, it really did feel safe. The time spent out there was unthreatened, spent talking of Riku, then gradually moving on to other subjects. The Islands, their memories, their hopes and fears. It was peaceful times like this that Sora missed most of all. As they talked, they forgot their surroundings, completely absorbed in one another. Now face to face, they lay side by side, happy in each other’s arms. Kairi was happier with Sora’s new-found openness, his ability to talk of his deepest feelings. Sora felt comfortable around her, knowing he could speak to her about anything.

The fire was beginning to fade again, the last remaining stones smouldering, sat in the faintly glowing embers. Sora had seen this, but did not cast another spell, nor place another large stone into their fire. He was beginning to feel drowsy after staying up so long, talking to Kairi, taking his mind off Riku. She, too, yawned, stretching her weary limbs.

“I think I’m gonna go back now,” Sora glanced back at the tent, then at Kairi again. “It’s getting even colder.” The night was, unbelievably, still young, and getting icier with each passing minute. With the fire now going out, they were slowly being enveloped into the darkness. Sora could barely see Kairi’s face in front of his own.

“Yeah,” she said quietly, “we better get some rest for tomorrow.” She squirmed in the warm blanket, knowing a blast of unwanted freezing air would infiltrate when they got up. She moved her arms, ready to get up. Sora put a warm hand over hers.

“Wait,” he smiled, easing her back down into the blankets next to him. “Here.” Slightly confused, she lay back down, looking at him with a baffled expression. It was soon apparent what he’d meant. He gave her a long, gentle kiss, moving as close as he could get to her. He held her warm body close to his own, embracing her with his strong arms. He then pulled away from her face, still smiling, tenderly caressing her now pink, beaming face.

“Oh,” she giggled. “A goodnight kiss.” He nodded, still holding her tightly. She understood why he’d suddenly kissed her like that. It wouldn’t be right, back in the tent with the others. Outside seemed a little more suitable. Alone.

“Thank you,” he smiled, hugging her warmly. “Talking about Riku helped a lot.”

“It’s fine,” she replied, lightly touching his face with her small hand. He took her hand, held it against his face.

“I love you, Kai,” he whispered, before trailing off and kissing her again. Their bodies entwined, he held her closely, loving and protective. She pulled him ever closer, feeling safe, secure and happy in his arms. Sora kissed her, his arms wrapped around her body, felt her smiling as she kissed him back. They forgot the world, forgot what was going on, simply shared this perfect moment together, before slowly coming back to their unfortunate reality.

Reluctantly having to get up, Sora kicked dust over the barely lit fire, making sure it was out. He then untied the door of the tent, kindly allowing Kairi to go in first. They went back into the tent, hopefully for a restful night before another hot day of travelling, searching for Riku. The others were unaware they’d ever left, still fast asleep in the dim light of the tent. Again, in each other’s arms, Kairi and Sora drifted off to sleep quickly, blissful and relaxed.

Hope you like it. I think GrandKing will when he reads it XD
Any complaints, don't wait. Let me know.

<3 <3

EDIT: I was gonna post this with a new chappy, but here goes, anyway.

I'm going on holiday this weekend, but never fear, I'll be taking the laptop with me and updating when I get some posts :) But, this all depends on how much time I have, so chappies might be few and far between, if you get what I'm saying.

<3 <3

Last edited:

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hi there.

Sorry for the looong wait. It turned out there was no internet access where I went on holiday. One of the many reasons why it sucked.

Heh I thought you guys would like that chappy, especially you, GrandKing. Yes, we did miss you. I did anyway :D *Hugs* Feel teh lurve. Or else.

Great, I'm gonna try and have a chappy up here especially for L337's birthday :)

Thanks for all the great comments. I don't really have much else to say so I'd better post a chappy before you get bored! ^-^

Chapter Fourty-Five

Outside, the freezing cold air lay still and quiet, almost waiting, like the calm before a storm. The dust and ash from the fire was gathered up in a small pile, unmoved by the now non-existent winds. No light was available to cast some brightness onto the ground. A thick, black shadow seemed to eclipse any light, keeping the land dark and mysterious. The calm, relaxed atmosphere seemed to be lifting, submitting to a more sinister mood. Suddenly, movement in the shadows, silent, like an owl on wing. Creeping towards the tent, it closed in on its target, ready to pounce as a cat with a mouse.

Unaware, Sora lay asleep in the quiet of the tent, only the gentle sounds of breathing filling the warm air. He had offered to sleep by the door, just in case. He lay with his back to the door, Kairi wrapped in his arms, her body heat keeping him warm. They did not know it, but the light was flickering, fading, dying. A wisp of smoke followed as it went out, then nothing. The darkness of the night crept into the tent, now plunged into the infinite shadows.

Silently untying the door, it knelt close to the tent, looking in through the gaps of cloth. Although there was complete darkness, it could see. Saw Donald and Goofy near the King, saw Kairi a little closer to the door, then, looking down, Sora. Still with no idea, he slept peacefully, quiet and happy. His peace was shattered as it grabbed at him, trying to drag him out of the tent.

“Hey!” he shouted at the top of his lungs. Now suddenly wide awake, his heart pounded, his breathing frantic, his arms flinging about in the air, trying to grab something, anything to stop himself being pulled away. Kairi sleepily awoke, not entirely sure what was going on. She couldn’t see a thing in this deep darkness, tried to see Sora in th shadows.

“Sora?!” she knew it was Sora’s sudden cry, but did not know where he was. She couldn’t see a thing in front of her eyes.

Sora, after the first seconds of shock and panic, summoned the Keyblade as fast as possible, held it tightly with one free hand.

“Light!” he shouted again, sending a blinding beam of bright light towards whatever had grabbed him in the first place. It dropped him, shielded its eyes from the sudden brightness. Sora’s jaw dropped as he saw his attacker.

He was crouched, still shielding his eyes, trying to cope with the change in brightness. As he pulled an arm away from his face, Sora could see him better. His cheek was tattooed with strange markings below his left, icy blue eye. His blue iris was so pale that it seemed to blend with the white of his eye. His expression was disgruntled, yet determined. His build was athletic, lean. His body contained very little fat, was made entirely of pure muscle. Now standing tall, dwarfing his attempted target, he clenched his fists, as if to take a shot through frustration. Sora looked this man up and down, still open-mouthed in horror. The man was head-to-foot in black clothing. He wore a thick black vest, huge black gloves, a black leather belt, black trousers tucked into clumpy boots. A long, flowing cloak was attached to the belt around his middle, as was a long sword. His short black hair was held from his face by a long, ragged piece of black cloth. Sora breathed deeply, terrified, face-to-face with a figure from his dream. The man smirked knowingly, seeing the fear in Sora’s eyes. He silently reached for the sword at his side.

Sora was filled with a sudden anger, bubbling over his initial fear and apprehension. As the man grabbed his sword, Sora knew he was in for a tough battle. The man’s facial expression dropped from a cocky smile to a dumbfounded blank look as Sora blocked what he thought was a speedy first move. Sora grinned, hearing the clink of metal as the Keyblade clashed with the sword. Frowning, the man launched another attack, throwing himself forward and taking a stab at Sora. Luckily, he missed as Sora swiftly dodged, diving to one side.

Looking over his shoulder, seeing his attacker had stumbled after missing, he decided to use this chance. Sora whirled around, drove the Keyblade towards this threat, knocking him to the ground, flat on his back. Running forward, holding the Keyblade high above his head, he was ready to finish this attacker off, but his concentration wandered. Wandered towards the now open tent door, the light flickering, dimly casting its weak brightness over their fight. Kairi, stood in the blanket again, had appeared, watching with wide open, petrified eyes.

“Sora!” Kairi screamed, almost dropping the light in her hand. Sora looked up at her suddenly, stopped running.

“Kai, stay back!” he shouted, holding a hand out, “I mean it, get away!” He was terrified she’d get dragged into this trying to help him. Kairi was frozen to the spot, quivering.

Now up off the floor, having used this opportunity to get up unharmed, the man looked back at the tent, his eyes fixated on Kairi. He then looked to Sora, who had temporarily halted his attack, giving him a sinister smirk. Turning his back on Sora, he took slow steps towards the tent. Sora instantly knew his intention. If he couldn’t get Sora, he’d go after Kairi. He remembered his promise to Kairi, refused to break it.

Paralysed with sheer terror, Kairi stood quivering, the small lamp grasped tightly in her sweaty hand. She looked on, helpless as he advanced towards her. He was well built, and there was no way she could even try to fight him off. His muscles tensed as he held his sword tighter in his hand, growing ever-closer.

“No!” Sora shouted at the top of his lungs, ran at him, Keyblade held in both hands. Striking the man’s legs with the Keyblade, he knocked him to the floor again, giving Kairi a chance to get away. “I told you, Kai, stay inside, I‘ll handle this!” She hesitated, about to respond, then thought better of it. She nodded, fled back into the tent. If Sora said he’d be fine, then, chances are, he would be fine. At least, she hoped so. She woke the others, just in case.

The man struggled back to his feet, breathing heavily. He touched his head, saw red blood on his fingers.. He’d cracked his head on a boulder as he’d fallen to the ground a second time. Giving a single grunt of frustration, he scowled, readying himself for another attack. Still with his back turned to Sora, he smiled to himself.

“Are you sure it is wise to put yourself in this position?” his voice was deep, malevolent, but also intelligent. He was surprisingly well-spoken. “After all, what would Riku say if he saw you like this?”

Hope you like it. Tis one of my personal favourites, along with the next three or so.

<3 <3

IchigoNeko

Wow...It was great, snowdog. At first, I thought it might have been Riku (he does have blue eyes). But it wasn't, so yay...

Livi

does the astro.
Awards
www.freewebs.com
I"M BACK!! wow everyones been on vacation great chappies snowdog! oh and sorasheart281 i lurve your new siggie with jack! :D

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the great comments. I really hoped you'd like it!

Riku was a great idea, I was gonna try to include him around here, but I decided not to :)

I'm almost finished writing the last few chapters, but there are around 20 still to post!

I hear it's L337's birthday tomorrow XD so I think this should be an especially dedicated chapter. Consider it an early present from me! Have a great birthday L337!

Chapter Fourty-Six ~ For L337

The sound of his voice faded, leaving only one cold word behind.

Riku.

Sora was faced with a decision. Should he defeat this foe for attacking him in the dead of night, threatening his true love, and trying to destroy his confidence with a comment on his best friend? Or should he submit in the hope of this man giving him information, and taking him to where Riku was? There was no time to think, as this attacker had turned on him with another vicious assault.

He cut through the air with his sword, showing off his impressive skills, then lunged forward. Sora bent his spine back, leaning down, away from the jab of the sharp-edged sword. However, without thinking, he’d bent back too far, falling down onto the ground with a loud bump. The attacker returned, towering over Sora, smiling vindictively. Sora tried to get back up, but the foe pinned him to the ground by the neck, holding him down with a single, huge hand, squatting next to him.

“I thought we told you,” he glared at Sora, looking him straight in the eye, “why fight when you know you can’t win?” He let out a cruel laugh. “We could have done this the easy way. You could have come quietly.” Sora spluttered, grabbing at the hand pinning him to the ground.

“No,” Sora shook his head a little, “I’ll never give in.” He eyed the sword in the attacker’s other hand as he coldly laughed again.

Maybe… Just maybe… If he could get it close enough to his free hand…

With a flick of the wrist, he managed to knock the sword out of the man’s hand with his Keyblade. The man made a sudden grab at it, letting go of Sora’s throat. Quickly, Sora clubbed him again with the Keyblade. Still squatting on the floor, he was unbalanced, and so immediately fell back onto the floor before he could get the sword. Sora got to it first.

With a Keyblade in one hand, a sword in the other, and his attacker flat on the floor, Sora knew he was in charge now. He decided to ask some questions.

“Ok, listen here,” Sora said quietly, managing to stay calm. “If you answer some questions for me, you can go. I won’t finish you off.” The man lay still for a second, contemplating this offer. He sighed, knowing Sora had the upper hand, then nodded.

“Fine,” he replied, lying still on the ground, knowing he had no choice. Sora nodded, remained quiet for a moment, thinking of what he could ask.

“Well, first, I want to know who you are,” Sora decided, first things first. There was no point in asking anything if he didn’t know who this mysterious man was.

“Very well, my name is Meiji,” he replied again, trying seem cool and calm on the exterior, masking his true feelings. “I am a member of the New Generation.” He saw no reason to hide this, as Sora had already figured it out from his black clothes, and his words that echoed the messages and dreams.

“I knew it,” Sora replied, still holding both the Keyblade and the sword at Meiji’s body. “You mentioned Riku, why do you guys have him?” Eager to find any information on his friend, this was the first question that had popped into his mind. Meiji smiled a little.

“Because you want him,” he replied, smiling cruelly. His icy eyes darted back to the tent, lingered there for a moment.

“Sora, it’s me,” Kairi called, bringing the lamp with her. She knew Sora couldn’t turn around, as that would give Meiji an opportunity to get away. “Donald and Goofy are here with me.” They had soon reached Sora, and surrounded Meiji. The man groaned, knowing he had no chance of escaping now. Kairi smiled at Sora, then whispered in his ear. “King Mickey is fine, he’s awake in the tent. He should be okay as long as you‘ve got this guy.” She didn’t want to let on that the King was there, just in case. She sat down on the cold floor, in the blanket again.

“Anyway,” Sora could now get on with his questioning. “What does this have to do with me, why did you take Riku?”

“We took Riku because we knew you’d come running,” Meiji explained, running fingers through his black hair. It shone in the new-found light. “Your heart belongs to your friends, and we know you’d come after them if you thought they were in danger.” Sora nodded, taking this in. So Riku was a lure.

“Why did you want me to come after him?” Sora asked, still unsure of the big picture. Donald, Goofy and Kairi stayed silent, leaving this all up to him. Sora was hiding his feelings as much as he possibly could, trying not to show any kind of weakness or fear, no matter how scared he was inside. Looking tough in front of Meiji was merely an act, trying to remain calm, not letting his anxiety leak. He would not admit it, but he was apprehensive of what Meiji might say, what he might find out.

“I can’t say,” he sighed. “I’d hate to ruin the surprise for you.” Angered, demanding a straight answer, Sora held the sword to Meiji’s face.

“Why did you want me to come after him?” Sora repeated his question, raising his voice, faking his frustration. He would try anything to get some information. Although he wouldn’t even think of killing Meiji, this member of the New Generation did not know this. Trying to stay calm, also trying to mask his emotions, Meiji massaged his now furrowed brow, sighing deeply. He closed his eyes.

“I told you,” he sighed, opening his eyes again, “I cannot say. I will not say.” He fingered the cut on his head. It had stopped bleeding now, but was still painful. He winced, then looked back at Sora. He sighed. “I will say only this.” He stood up, Sora following his every move. “All I can say is that you are extremely powerful. You defeated our master Ansem at the tender age of fourteen. You have defeated me, and I am almost twice your size, and age.” Sora nodded. Donald and Goofy had stood up, readying themselves, just in case Meiji made a run for it.

“What are you trying to say?” he asked, still managing to keep up his ‘tough‘ act. Meiji was being far too vague with the details.

“In short, we think you’re something special, Sora,” Meiji looked at the young Keyblade master before him. “We think you contain an immense amount of strength, but most of it is being wasted. You are wasting your power defending the Light. We believe it would do a greater deal of use to the Darkness, but we know you’ll never agree to use it for that.” Sora shook his head.

“You’re right,” Sora reluctantly agreed in a whisper. He then raised his voice a little, to show his determination. “I only serve the Light, not the Darkness.”

“See?” Meiji nodded, smiled perceptively. “That is all I shall say. Any more would be too much.” He put his hands in his pockets, warmed them. It was still freezing cold out there.

“Then… one thing,” Sora went on fearfully, unable to keep calm asking this question. His voice quivered a little. “Is Riku… alright?” Meiji smirked, seeing Sora’s fear for the first time.

Hope you all like it.

Sorry I'm not so good at action sequences :blush:

<3 <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back