• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Finding Dory - June 2016

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Re: Finding Dory- Nemo Sequel

Finding nemo is one of the most beloved movies of all time. Brave and cars 2 aren't.

plus there is the fact that pixar has been none to do great stand alone films without the need for sequels (toy story being the exception of course). the fact that there starting to do prequels and sequels gives me the impression that they're starting to run out of ideas

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I think that's rarely the case with animation. Newt was cancelled because of fox doing rio. Ideas rarely ever have bearing on whether or not a film is made. It's often political or business reasons. Same as to why Brenda chapman(or any director) got booted from projects such as brave. Besides toy story didn't actually need sequels.

i think in large part, Disney is the one to blame for pixars woes. It isn't that long after they bought Pixar. Not that it's the only problem.

and before any up sequel, going by release dates, ratatouille and wall e get sequels.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards

I really hope this doesn't become a running theme with Pixar because it's quality been going downhill recently

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

I really hope this doesn't become a running theme with Pixar because it's quality been going downhill recently
To be fair, bra e was a clear bit of leveled ground in the hill tat they seem to be going down.

Gram

Banned
Awards

It's horrible three died in a marine park but is that really a reason to change the plot to a movie that wont even be out for a year or more?

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

They realize that it's a touchy subject for some people. There are an infinite number of other possible plots that they can come up with.

I'm going to assume that Dory's family was captured and used in an aquarium. Dory was to remember them being captured and this is why she is alone in the first movie. She just forgot who she was looking for.

Her family can end up being somewhere else.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards

I'm still iffy on this movie. Finding Nemo did not really need a sequel at all, the ending and the entire film was brilliant. I'd rather not have this tarnish it.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

The only reason this movie exists is because Ellen Degeneres begged for a sequel for years.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards

And she has good reason. You don't do a character as good as Dory without putting love into it. And I'm sure Ellen put a *lot* of love into Dory.

Gram

Banned
Awards

I'm still iffy on this movie. Finding Nemo did not really need a sequel at all, the ending and the entire film was brilliant. I'd rather not have this tarnish it.

As am I, the only that seems excited at all is Ellen.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

The premise of Dory finding out who she really is sounds interesting and if pulled off right the sequel could be just as good as Finding Nemo. Everyone just keep going by that "sequels are never as good as the first movie" rhetoric but if anyone, Pixar can pull it off like they did with Toy Story 3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Finding Dory delayed from 2015 to 2016 to move the Good Dinosaur from 2014 to 2015.

There will be no 2014 Pixar film.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Re: Finding Dory - Delayed to 2016

Wow. I mean, I'm totally and utterly against animal cruelty but this is projecting onto something that is entirely irrelevant and innocent. This movie isn't killing orcas.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: Finding Dory - Delayed to 2016

Wow. And with the Good Dinosaur delayed by nearly 18 months, what is going on at that friggin' studio?

Still, this is from the Guardian and the NYT. Grain of salt.

State

Awards

I hope Pixar isn't showing symptoms of a terminating quality disease infected after Disney bought them... '_'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back