• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It looks absolutely incredible. Can't believe they've knocked this out in 4 years.

Keyblade Knight 1st Class

Awards
Since we'll be going to Cosmo Canyon, I really hope they redo the theme. The version from the original game is one of the greatest pieces of music ever composed for a video game (in my opinion) but the Remake version... absolutely terrible, I don't know what they were thinking with that atrocity.

Awards
Since we'll be going to Cosmo Canyon, I really hope they redo the theme. The version from the original game is one of the greatest pieces of music ever composed for a video game (in my opinion) but the Remake version... absolutely terrible, I don't know what they were thinking with that atrocity.
I mean, the one in Remake isn't the one they're actually gonna use. It was just for the jukebox.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Media and influencer reactions to the demos are dropping as well as dev interviews! The Materia Keeper/Guardian looks great and fits in perfect for the part of the flashback where they moved it. I do wonder if we’ll still see Sephiroth one shot a dragon if this will replace that. And what will we encounter when going to Mt. Nibel later in the game since Materia Keeper was the only boss in that area before?

Nomura confirms Vincent will not be playable and will be an assist only character. Cid should be the same way. I get it would be challenging to introduce two new playable characters into the gameplay mix that late into the game and they need to save something for Part 3.

Game will be around 150 GB. For reference, Intergrade was 81 GB.

No stats, Materia, etc. carry over from Remake, but you will get a bonus summon to start if you have Remake’s save data.

We can SWIM! Nearly unheard of in an FF game.

Full demo footage, some narration at the start but then just pure gameplay.

Some things I noticed:

- Sephiroth is fully playable rather than simply being an assist character.
- One critique is the shadows in some places are too dark. Hoping this gets adjusted before release.
- There are materia that give you access to two separate magic spells, saving materia slot space.
- The open zones have special combat challenges. There’s also a new AI called MAI that will tell you about the creatures you encounter for these.
- You can pet the Chocobo chicks! They lead you to Chocobo Stops for fast travel.
- You can customize your Chocobo at ranches.
- You hop on your Chocobo automatically when you approach it, so no waiting for a button prompt to appear!
- There will be a new crafting system for items.
- Everyone accompanies you in the overworld. You’ll be able to freely set up your party in the final game.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

At the stage show, they showed gameplay footage for the Kalm/Chocobo Ranch areas. There’s a lot of freedom with exploration as you can climb onto rocks, swim, etc. Fast travel is really snappy.

Chadley gives you the scanner that will basically read a Pokédex entry on enemies you scan with it. He also has a mission for Cloud to turn on old communication towers across the world map similar to the towers in BOTW and TOTK. The towers do look varied somewhat in design, so maybe some will have challenges to turn them on like in the aforementioned games.

There will also be a card game called Queen’s Blood that will have its own narrative, a new spin on the Mog House mini game, and a piano mini game where you can freestyle or play along with songs in a rhythm game format. There’s also some Chocobo time trial courses (distinct from the races that’ll be in the Gold Saucer.)

Everything looks amazing and there’s clearly been so much love poured into this game. They are really raising the bar for the FF series with this.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Here’s an English run through of the Grasslands demo.

The game is nearly completed, I imagine development of Part 3 will pick up pretty quickly and we could see it in time for the 30th anniversary in early 2027.

EDIT: Seems like the English grasslands footage is being taken down. You can probably find it on your own by searching. I’m guessing because they’re using clips of it on the English socials and they don’t want anyone to steal their thunder.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
A Steam port for Ever Crisis was just announced, so there's a good chance that Missing Link will head to PC as well.

This makes me wonder if the Union Cross PC version that was leaked will be a straight port of the mobile version or a remake. If it is still being worked on that is.

Only thing with Missing Link is that the gameplay relies a lot on GPS and movement. Would it work with Steam devices? I’m guessing they’d need to rework mechanics.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Just beat Crisis Core Reunion earlier this week. Man, the final scene gets me every time. I forgot how lengthy chapter 10 is. Finding the Goddess Materia always tricks me too lol. Started hard mode. So far so good.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

The original rumor was that SE has the Switch 2 dev kits and were running 7R on it. The person made an assumption because of this that it could be a launch title. What this new guy is saying doesn’t exactly contradict the old rumor.

SE is likely using an existing game to test the new console’s limits to see what they can feasibly accomplish with it whether for ports or entirely new games. 7R makes sense for that.

This new guy goes on to say they can and will port it to the Switch 2 if they want to. It just isn’t part of their current business plan. So if he is legit, he must know they have been able to successfully run the game on the hardware.

Whether it comes or not really comes down to whatever exclusivity deal they have going on with Sony. They could also want to wait until all three parts are released before doing any non-PC ports.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
A lot of new information dropped this morning, including a look at Kujata and a new difficulty mode called Dynamic mode. This mode will allow enemies to scale with your skill level automatically. Classic mode is also confirmed to return! There’s also a new video recap narrated by Red XIII explaining the events of Remake.

Something interesting is that there are Protorelics you can find that alter space-time, causing strange phenomena… I wonder if these could be a way to fight enemies from other times periods in the compilation?

Story So Far recap:

New screenshots, renders, and the Aerith keys featuring the Highwind:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The theme song and new footage revealed at TGA! The theme song is performed by Loren Allred. You may know her as the singer of Never Enough from the Greatest Showman!

Key Art:

IMG_1517.jpeg

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I knew it. I knew in the deepest pit of my stomach they were never going to let that stupid LTD rest in peace. The moment they announced the remake I was hoping, desperately praying, that it would leave the LTD alone even when the remake introduced new plot devices and twists from the original. The final word on the FTOIL should've solved it, even if it left one or two factions severely unsatisfied.

But nope.

That LTD's one of the biggest draw of the Compilation. Of course they'd touch it.

The shippers are going to go insane and ruin it. Especially when they're going to argue which of their ship is canon.

Gah! I never, ever wanted to see the VII shipping wars come back to life, arguably the most sensitive and contentious shipping war of its time way back when, but it's back, and with a vengeance.

Gotta love that song though.

Edit: I was hesitant for the longest time in buying the remake because of the potential ship wars, but I eventually caved. I guess I have to buy Rebirth and see this through, even if I hate the LTD with an absolute burning fury. With all that said, A callback to other games of the franchise is certainly unexpected but really welcome.

Second Edit: F***, I should've stayed away from the subreddit. It's a shitshow there right now.

Third Edit: They're harassing the f*** out of Nojima in 2ch/5ch/(ex-)Twitter?! I f***in' knew this would happen.

Fourth Edit: Okay, okay, I'm calm. I'm determined to see this game through since I caved and bought the remake...I just...have to ignore the Pinkers and Cloti Shippers and their weird pink fortress/water tower.

Fifth Edit: TBD

Last edited:
Back