• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy VII Remake Megathread - Intergrade, Rebirth, Reunion and more

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
According to Maximillion Dood, there's apparently a lot more left to the flashback than the demo showed. I wonder if a certain bossfight from CC is reenacted.

I was wondering that myself. I think what we saw is complete from the scene in the truck up to the Nibelheim fire. But obviously it has to go all the way up to Cloud confronting Sephiroth in the reactor. There has to be some new developments in that section compared to the original game or SE would bother signing people to NDAs about that portion.

One theory I have is that Tifa will actually push back on Cloud about his version of the story and that will lead to some tension between them. It has always been a complaint from people that she didn’t really speak up about it in the original game.

Also, there’s a portrait of Lucrecia and Hojo on the second floor of the Shinra Manor. Love those little added details.

Also, I kind of wish the “walking through fire” scene had been a Visual Works scene. It looks great and I know changing the graphic style for that moment might have been jarring. But I would have appreciated it as a callback to the original moment when it transitions from the basic graphics to the CGI scene.

Last edited:

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
The demo will be getting an update to fix some of the graphical issues with performance mode and these will be applied to the full game as well.

Less than two weeks to go!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
If you want to avoid spoilers, it is time to go dark. Leaked copies are out in the wild. The review embargo also gets lifted Thursday. It looks like most content creators won’t be getting the game until release day thankfully, but there will still likely be some leakers posting spoilers in YouTube thumbnails, etc.

Going to start a run through of the OG tomorrow for the 7 day count down!

D

Deleted member 282472

I feel like Reunion would've been a better subtitle while Rebirth would be better for part 3.

I'm looking forward to playing it later in the year. I'm hoping the other Before Crisis turks pop up too. Same with the other members of Deepground.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Could Junon be any rockier? Seriously, the terrain is sooo rocky. Cloud just bobs up and down in most places.

Open world exploration is awesome. The map is way bigger than I expected! You could seriously lose yourself in the map for a few days without heading to objectives or doing side quests

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Rebirth has a 93 Metacritic score with 114 reviews as of right now! That’s a significant jump from Remake’s 87!

If it doesn’t get a GOTY nomination, I’m gonna have some choice words for Geoff Keighley. Lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Rebirth has a 93 Metacritic score with 114 reviews as of right now! That’s a significant jump from Remake’s 87!

If it doesn’t get a GOTY nomination, I’m gonna have some choice words for Geoff Keighley. Lol
So far 2024 appears to be a much lighter field than '23. They won't have many other options.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Could Junon be any rockier? Seriously, the terrain is sooo rocky. Cloud just bobs up and down in most places.
I was playing the demo and my boyfriend wondered why there are bus stops out in the middle of such a rocky and awful area.

I liked the little Junon area but I wish they went for the grasslands, something that visually looked a bit better than browns and dead grass.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I was playing the demo and my boyfriend wondered why there are bus stops out in the middle of such a rocky and awful area.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bus stops are abandoned and you're essentially reviving and/or repurposing them. That's what I think anyways.

I'M READY! I've replayed Remake, beat Reunion, beat INTERmission, and now finishing up FFXVI to pass the time until Rebirth.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the bus stops are abandoned and you're essentially reviving and/or repurposing them. That's what I think anyways.
Oh yeah that's the in-universe reason. But I'd hate to have gone on them when they were functional and have the bumpiest ride ever.

PikaPal

Awards
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth is officially out today and if you thought that Additional Voices list was already big with Remake well, I think I'll let the big block of notable names speak for itself...
1709217120083.png

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Personal review with very few spoilers, but still be warned:

Yea, I should’ve waited until this thing was on sale.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Things that cause me irrational anger Part 1 of likely many:

The sleeping etiquette of these idiots at the Kalm inn. Tifa and Aerith sleep under the tiniest fucking sheets that don't even cover half their bodies while ignoring the larger blankets beneath them. Barrett sleeps with his gun still attached, cuz that's totally safe. Red's a damn charmander with his tail and they're letting him sleep on a bed. Nobody's turned off any lights. Hell the lights are still on in the morning and there's a fire going in the fire place! What did they need those lights on for?

I am looking around and I can not find a light switch anywhere. Nothing about any of this makes any sense. And now the management has left me a complimentary children's card game. would've preferred breakfast.

D

Deleted member 282472

Personal review with very few spoilers, but still be warned:

Yea, I should’ve waited until this thing was on sale.

Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
3 days later and 15 hours logged, I finally beat Chapter 2.

This may take a while.

Edit: and 27% of trophies I should add.

Last edited:

gulava

Awards
3 days later and 15 hours logged, I finally beat Chapter 2.

This may take a while.

Edit: and 27% of trophies I should add.
i had to physically and mentally stop myself from doing side content after i spent 8 hours on chapter 2

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This is easily one of my top 3 FF games and the best since the PS2 era.

The party dynamics and character building are one of the biggest highlights for me. Seeing their unique relationships with one another is what really makes this remake series worthwhile. I love how they’ve tied that idea into the gameplay too with the synergy and party leveling system. It’s very cool seeing your back line party in the background of fights too and having them lend a hand if you get in a pinch too.

The world is way bigger than I expected. I barely explored the last four regions outside the critical path and still got 50 hours out of the game. There’s plenty of stuff to do as well that feels worth taking the time to complete. I’m already going back into complete everything. The towns and dungeons are all incredibly well done too which is something that has been sorely missed from the single player FFs since FFXII I’d say. They did an excellent job executing the idea of it being the original world map just in a realistic scale. I want this type of world design to be the blueprint for FF’s going forward.

Also, maybe it is just me but Hard Mode feels way more challenging than Remake’s. I’m stuck on the Midgardsormr currently. Maybe because you have more options for buffs and debuffs the game expects you to use, but it feels like MP values weren’t really adjusted for that to be a viable tactic when you need to heal frequently. I guess it’s also more important to plan which characters to bring into battle this time around since the party was fixed in Remake.

Now my spoiler thoughts:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Overall, I think they did an incredible job with this game and I’ll be putting a lot more time into it to 100% everything. No spoilers, but there are some really fun things added in the post game. It definitely deserves a GOTY nomination and may have a shot at winning depending what else comes out later this year.

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I never played the OG FF7 but Imma have to play it after finishing Rebirth.

I wonder how much of the OG game is left to cover in the 3rd game.

After the 3rd game releases, I wonder what the next Final Fantasy remake will be. I haven't really played any FF games outside of the two FF7 remakes, FF16 and Kingdom Hearts (if that counts). FF8 would be kinda cool because I want to see the whole deal about Leon/Squall.

The wait is going to be horrible, I remember the KH3 wait and the current KH4 wait. I never got this excited about an FF game of all things.

Back